Would you like to see a Queen in Scott's sequel?

Started by Berend, Nov 14, 2017, 07:31:13 PM

Author
Would you like to see a Queen in Scott's sequel? (Read 13,542 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 21, 2017, 01:07:18 AM
Ok, but why do some fans want the aliens to be simple space bugs for jacked up marines to shoot and yell "Let's Rock!!!!".  :)

Has been in countless video games, comic books and movies.

Personally i prefer the first movie. Deadly, mysterious & disturbing. That's it.

Highland

Ok, but why do some fans want the aliens to be simple space bugs for jacked up marines to shoot and yell "Let's Rock!!!!".  :)

I'm going to explain this situation for all you guys that think thats what those guys want. Its not the guns. It's not the Queen. It's not the Marines.

It's because it's a good movie. That's it.

People like Aliens, because it's good.

**slams book closed.

Munkeywrench

Quote from: Highland on Nov 21, 2017, 02:42:37 AM

I'm going to explain this situation for all you guys that think thats what those guys want. Its not the guns. It's not the Queen. It's not the Marines.

**slams book closed.

Well said!

some fans want the aliens to be simple space bugs

They were never "simple space bugs" at least not in the films(not counting AvP:R)

Rudiger

**slams book closed.

Spot on mate, spot on.

SM

**slams book closed.

Word.

Corporal Hicks

And I think that view of the Aliens being "simple space bugs" is completely overblown anyway.

Master

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 19, 2017, 07:16:00 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 15, 2017, 12:47:14 AM
To discover that David created those too? Nah thanks. TBH I don't want Scott anywhere near any Alien movie anymore.

:laugh: exactly what i was thinking.

Agreed.

BigDaddyJohn

I want to say that i agree with all the comments above regarding Aliens. It is a masterpiece in every way, directing, acting, atmosphere etc... Even though my personal taste make me prefer the first movie, Aliens is a perfect movie to this day.

Berend

I'm a fan of Aliens pretty much, its style, direction, Weavers acting, the characters ( not a single one I dislike, though my fondness of Hudson decreased a little, too OT )   excepy funnily enough the aliens themselves.
As a kid I prefered the bugs simply because by then it was 2004/2005 and was already exposed by the 'traditional' Xenomorph. Screamish, animalistic, not THAT hard to kill if you have a gun. In contrast 'Alien' was the first one I saw and found it... just a little boring.. f**king unnerving and unsettling.. but just a little rigid.

But after having played 'Isolation' back in 2014 I realized the Alien works much better as a slow, indestructible stalker with an intangible intelligence.

But that's just my 2 cents off course'

tleilaxu

Quote from: Munkeywrench on Nov 21, 2017, 03:05:01 AM

**slams book closed.

Well said!

They were never "simple space bugs" at least not in the films(not counting AvP:R)
You've got to admit there's a pretty big difference between how they die in Aliens vs how shots ricochet off their skin in Covenant.
Yes, Aliens is a good movie, but it has some pretty bad parts. The whole Newt thing feels so hamfisted. Now Ripley is le mummy so that the soccer moms in the audience can identify with a character in the movie. Also, what's the deal with Burke randomly betraying everybody and getting killed right after. Did he think he could survive alone?
I also don't understand why they had an inexperienced commander lead the team on a mission that would potentially entail fighting against dangerous aliens.

Munkeywrench

Quote from: tleilaxu on Nov 21, 2017, 08:28:22 PM
Quote from: Munkeywrench on Nov 21, 2017, 03:05:01 AM

**slams book closed.

Well said!

You've got to admit there's a pretty big difference between how they die in Aliens vs how shots ricochet off their skin in Covenant.

Because they weren't using armor piercing rounds in Covenant like they were in Aliens. Remember Gorman says the bullets are "10mm explosive tip caseless, Standard light armor piercing rounds"

Scorpio

**slams book closed.

I asked why do some fans want the aliens to be simple space bugs not why so many people like Aliens.  But thanks for answering for my question.  :)

People like Alien, because it's good.
People like Alien 3, because it's good.
People like Alien Resurrection, because it's good.
People like AVP, because it's good.
People like AVPR............... make up your own opinion.  :)
People like Prometheus, because it's good.
People like Alien Covenant, because it's good.

Book closed.  Case shut and sealed.

:)

SM

SM

QuoteYou've got to admit there's a pretty big difference between how they die in Aliens vs how shots ricochet off their skin in Covenant.

You see blood spray when Danny hits it under the lifter.  When do they ricochet? 

Biomechanoid

Quote from: tleilaxu on Nov 21, 2017, 08:28:22 PM
I also don't understand why they had an inexperienced commander lead the team on a mission that would potentially entail fighting against dangerous aliens.

Speculation here, but it's possible that's the best Burke could come up with for his secret unauthorized mission. Not a stretch to imagine he did try to recruit a more experienced leader but they all turned him down for whatever reasons (already committed to other missions, their integrity draws the line on unauthorized missions, previous bad experience with Burke, etc.)

Still Collating...

I wouldn't like Ridley to touch the Queen so as not to screw up the life cycle even more. Though I would like to see a Queen tie in to all of this and even a different version like a mutated pre-Queen of Daniels, I don't trust Ridley or Fox to not make things even worse when it comes to continuity. Eggmorphing is disturbing and not represented enough, so why not see that on the big screen?

I can imagine Fox now: Problems with Prometheus? We need aliens! Problem with Covenant? But it had aliens?! We need the Queen...  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed