Alien 3 - Pilot Light???

Started by stephen, Nov 10, 2017, 12:07:06 AM

Author
Alien 3 - Pilot Light??? (Read 5,680 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

You answered my question, thanks. 

It actually does make sense.  The market dries up, so they shut it down, but keep it running just in case there is a market in the future.

Forward planning by WY.  :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Kinda makes WY likable, doesn't it?  Right up there with Fifield.

SM

SM

Why does any Company downsize or restructure?

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Nov 11, 2017, 02:36:23 AM
Why does any Company downsize or restructure?

Could be for a number of reasons.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Give me five.

Scorpio

Scorpio

It would be better if you research it yourself.  :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

>:(

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 11, 2017, 02:13:34 AM
I think he was wondering why the company suddenly reduced the population from 5,000 to 25, not why the 25 were there at all.
He explains that, too. They shut the place down, the prisoners wanted to stay and needed a custodial staff.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think he wanted details.

Scorpio

Scorpio

No the actual question was why leave people there at all, why not just abandon the place?  And Local Trouble answered my question.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 11, 2017, 04:01:49 AM
I think he wanted details.

More like attention.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh for god's sake people. If I was an "evil" corporation I sure as hell would love to have a little bit of fresh meat on a back waters planet that no one honestly gives a shit about. You know for that one time someone finds an "ALIEN".

:P

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: SM on Nov 10, 2017, 10:20:19 PM
It could indeed be comical - if that were in fact the case.  Which it obviously is not.
Obviously not,  I'm not the one suggesting they do nothing but play housemaids.

And indeed they were producing lead sheets in a whole other foundry than the one we saw in the film.
Clemens: We have a foundry.
A whole other foundry? Where are you deriving they have a whole other foundry?

The whole tense thing could also be read as the inmates produced the lead sheets when there was 5000 of them.
"The inmates forge lead containers." When someone tells me, "I paint cars." I assume that's what they do. Apparently you assume they no longer paint cars but used to. Nothing wrong with that I suppose, though I'm not sure that's enough to launch a fan theory on a given scene.

The pilot light is left on with the current custodial 'staff' in case the Company needs more. 
I know of no dialogue explaining "in case the company needs more." But not bad fan fiction on your part.

If Clemens said, 'The inmates produced' it would mean there was no need to keep the pilot light on and their presence there would be pointless.
Yes, it would indeed be pointless......if they had found themselves unemployed. I appreciate your effort to explain you think it's all in past tense, SM, but there's simply nothing there for me to put any weight in your fan theory.

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 10, 2017, 10:39:44 PM
He explains why it went from a thousand convict facility to a crew of 25?

When does he explain this, I must have missed it.
Clemens explains it to Ripley on the way to guiding her to the escape pod.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Nov 11, 2017, 10:09:25 AMI appreciate your effort to explain you think it's all in past tense, SM, but there's simply nothing there for me to put any weight in your fan theory.

Do you realize who you're talking to?

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 11, 2017, 03:45:31 PM
Do you realize who you're talking to?
SM.  And that appears as some importance to you why?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed