Thomas Brothers Had Wanted to Do WW2 with Predator 2?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 09, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

Author
Thomas Brothers Had Wanted to Do WW2 with Predator 2? (Read 15,002 times)

Scorpio

Classic Predator was pretty disappointing to me, it was 'classic' in name only.

Wolf is a better version (visually) of a 'Classic Predator'.

Corporal Hicks

He'd been strung up for who knows how long. We don't know if he'd been fed or whatever. For a Pred in those conditions, he put up a great fight.

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 14, 2017, 05:22:45 PM
Not to mention characters of that timeline would probably have a greater deal of difficulty fighting a predator. Troops in WW2 wouldn't have access to the kind of weaponry available to Dutch's group or the group from predators. The B.A.R. was a vicious tool, but it's not a portable minigun or an aa12. Along with the possibility that troops in that war may have had no clue about the concept of thermal imagery or tracking, and wouldn't be able to disguise themselves from the predator. Unless one of them fell in a snowdrift or became hypothermic to some degree, and was ignored by the predator.

Well that's the thing - that minigun and that AA12 were not what ultimately defeated the Predator in those films so it's really a bit of a moot point, I think.

Huggs

"Well that's the thing - that minigun and that AA12 were not what ultimately defeated the Predator in those films so it's really a bit of a moot point, I think. "

Point well taken Hicks. My thought was that in a straight up encounter, like the camp scene from Predators, aside from the B.A.R., the weaponry would be far less effective than what Arnold's or Brody's group were carrying, except for the sword and 9mm of course. Consequently, the ww2 troops would be at a disadvantage. But traditionally, it's more human ingenuity and determination that wins the day. Although, I would still find it hard to believe the soldiers of that era could identify and understand how they were being seen and tracked by the predator. Unless footprints or noise gave it away, which I don't expect a predator to allow. It's just my personal opinion, but a scenario in that timeframe would be an absolute one-sided slaughter in the Predator's favor. Granted, I've yet to read "If it bleeds". So if someone made it work in the book, pardon my lack of this knowledge.

Perkins

The WW2 idea would have been great, and something that probably would have been done today (if predator was made in recent times..hollywood loves these "detatched sequels")...I think it would have been something different and not the usual predator film.

Corporal Hicks

I still hope to see some sort of period setting for a future Predator film. I think it'd be really interesting and probably quite attractive to folk.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed