Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,797 times)

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 06, 2017, 09:37:12 PM
Remove the swearing and ALIENS is PG-13, easily.  Perfect for Disney.

You still have a lot of blood and violence in the movie. Don't forget the themes in the movie too. Alien should always be R rated and the first AVP movie prove that a PG-13 can't work for both franchises. It would like making Freddy vs. Jason PG-13 or The Punisher be PG-13.

BlackMatter169

I know it won't happen but I hope Disney kicks Ridley Scott out of the Alien franchise before he turns it into an AI orgy.

PierreVW

Quote from: BlackMatter169 on Dec 07, 2017, 02:51:37 AM
I know it won't happen but I hope Disney kicks Ridley Scott out of the Alien franchise before he turns it into an AI orgy.

I doubt it happen. All majors, including Disney, admire and respect Ridley Scott.

Nukiemorph

I don't understand all of the anti-Ridley mentality over this.

If you don't like Prometheus and Covenant, hasn't the damage already been done?

What harm would it do if he makes one more movie and finishes his trilogy before they pass the series on to other directors?

Magegg

I'd like Disney to reboot Alien and Predator and create a cool and integrated new universe, focusing more in the science fiction aspect than in horror. They could develop some cool mythology for the series, I'd love it.

Richman678

I actually don't want a reboot.

I want them to give Sigourney Weaver a real ending. She had one but then they messed it up.

Or....just start a new trilogy like they did with Star Wars. No reboot, just new story.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I still rather had WB bought Fox instead of Disney. WB did wanted to own Fox a while back, but it never work out.

Scorpio

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 07, 2017, 01:42:05 AM

Ive often said that Aliens is a Disney movie.  It was arguably the first of the so-called adult fairy tales.  Listen to the music as the drop ship ascends to the Sulaco...

It does, yes.  Like something Spielberg would make.  Only slightly edgier.

There's hardly any blood and most of the violence is offscreen.  It's mainly action and fast cutting.  All the others at least have gore (except AVP) or intense sequences of body horror (Prometheus).

The goriest sequence in ALIENS is the chestburster but there's hardly any blood in that scene.  And people complained about the bloodless chestburster in AVP, go figure.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 07, 2017, 09:54:43 AM

Ive often said that Aliens is a Disney movie.  It was arguably the first of the so-called adult fairy tales.  Listen to the music as the drop ship ascends to the Sulaco...

There's hardly any blood and most of the violence is offscreen.  It's mainly action and fast cutting.  All the others at least have gore (except AVP) or intense sequences of body horror (Prometheus).

The goriest sequence in ALIENS is the chestburster but there's hardly any blood in that scene.  And people complained about the bloodless chestburster in AVP, go figure.

You would be right, except you're purposely omitting a few other scenes of graphic violence and gore. Here is the small list -

• Frost's death by immolation.

• Crowes' death via shrapnel. Showing blood coming from the mouth of his corpse.

• Drake's Death by acid spray. Which is pretty damn graphic.

• Hudson getting his arm burned by acid.

• Ferro's death. Complete with a good amount of blood thrown into the cockpit.

• Attempted face-hugging of Ripley. With ovipositor/penis organ wagging around. Attempting to insert itself into her mouth and throat.

• Vasquez's leg gets acid burned.

•  Hicks gets sprayed with acid on his face, as well as as his chest and arm are burnt.

I'm sure I might have missed some other instances. None of that is PG-13 even without the swearing included. You seem to be under the impression that every Alien movie needs copious amounts of gore for it to be a true Alien movie.

What you neglect to realize is that even A L I E N wasn't a mindless splatter fest. In fact, save for the chest bursting scene. None of the other deaths ever touch that level of gore and violence again. Brett's death is a quick cut, Dallas' death is never shown, Ash doesn't count because he's an Android, Parker is the closest to prolonged gore we get since the chest bursted scene and Lambert's death is again not shown and what DOES happen is left unexplained.

As James Cameron said ( and I'm paraphrasing.) " You don't create fear with gore. You create disgust ". A L I E N 3 is the only film in the series that uses excessive gore in it's story. Even Prometheus doesn't have that much gore. Covenant would be the most recent example of Alien 3 levels of gore. Which didn't much matter ultimately due to it being less than a success at the box office.

judge death

judge death

So its pretty much official and confirmed disney now owns alien and predator and all other fox franchises?!
Damn it, very bad news and now I can give up all hope on having new adult and sexual themed and horror movies made but more family friendly and for younger people. I think the company is disney, they soon own everything -.-

I doubt disney would make scary horror movies like alien was and alien 3, aliens is more friendly but its sexual and war themes I doubt disney would allow for or swearing etc.
Havent seen disney releasing movies like that or the thing or other classic horror movies.

The AVP movies they can take since those are aimed for younger kids who argue about predator or alien is strongest and fanflaming. Although I wish they were never in the same universe,,,,

Seen some say disney make 18+ movies and horror ones, please name a few then? I cant think on any from disney.
Star wars isnt, pretty kid friendly movies.
Pirates of the carabien, also kids friendly
what more? Most others are also kid friendly and barely bloody or scary to watch.

f**k this.

SM

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Dec 07, 2017, 06:10:39 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 07, 2017, 09:54:43 AM

You would be right, except you're purposely omitting a few other scenes of graphic violence and gore. Here is the small list -

• Frost's death by immolation.

• Crowes' death via shrapnel. Showing blood coming from the mouth of his corpse.

• Drake's Death by acid spray. Which is pretty damn graphic.

• Hudson getting his arm burned by acid.

• Ferro's death. Complete with a good amount of blood thrown into the cockpit.

• Attempted face-hugging of Ripley. With ovipositor/penis organ wagging around. Attempting to insert itself into her mouth and throat.

• Vasquez's leg gets acid burned.

•  Hicks gets sprayed with acid on his face, as well as as his chest and arm are burnt.

I'm sure I might have missed some other instances. None of that is PG-13 even without the swearing included. You seem to be under the impression that every Alien movie needs copious amounts of gore for it to be a true Alien movie.

What you neglect to realize is that even A L I E N wasn't a mindless splatter fest. In fact, save for the chest bursting scene. None of the other deaths ever touch that level of gore and violence again. Brett's death is a quick cut, Dallas' death is never shown, Ash doesn't count because he's an Android, Parker is the closest to prolonged gore we get since the chest bursted scene and Lambert's death is again not shown and what DOES happen is left unexplained.

As James Cameron said ( and I'm paraphrasing.) " You don't create fear with gore. You create disgust ". A L I E N 3 is the only film in the series that uses excessive gore in it's story. Even Prometheus doesn't have that much gore. Covenant would be the most recent example of Alien 3 levels of gore. Which didn't much matter ultimately due to it being less than a success at the box office.

To say nothing of the fact Scorpio deliberately - and predictably - lied about the comparison between Aliens and AvP chestbursters in the first place.

Magegg

Quote from: judge death on Dec 07, 2017, 06:40:22 PMDamn it, very bad news and now I can give up all hope on having new adult and sexual themed and horror movies made but more family friendly and for younger people. I think the company is disney, they soon own everything -.-
I don't feel bad about that. Covenant had adult and sexual themes and horror... and it completely sucked. It was GARBAGE... oh, well... maybe for some people it wasn't garbage, but it was a divisive film nonetheless, both between the casual audience and the fans.

First I want the movie to be GOOD, then the horror and sex and gore is accessory.

So far, Disney's been doing a great job overseeing the Star Wars and Marvel movies, I have no doubt they can do a better job making Alien and Predator movies than Fox's beein doing.

SM

For a MAJORITY of PEOPLE is wasn't GARBAGE.

judge death

Quote from: SM on Dec 07, 2017, 07:57:16 PM
For a MAJORITY of PEOPLE is wasn't GARBAGE.
Yep, me and some other fans of alien movies liked it a lot more than prometheus and actually like the movie, especially when you could understand it and that david didnt create the xeno as many fans seems to think and the adult xeno was more a prototype david tested out, and a lot of other things that I dont have the time to write down, liked it explored the lore more and the new creatures were quite interesting too.
As some movie critics said: the plot and story was way better than prometheus too, I agree.

Whos_Nick

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed