Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,618 times)

Kailem

To hell with that I want a "Kenner Scorpion Alien: An Alien Tale" spin-off movie!

*Spoilers*: he blows up at the end. It's truly an emotional roller coaster.

Scorpio

Ok I hate Disney even more now.

whiterabbit

Alien can make anything better. Head bite Olaf! for the win.

Baron Von Marlon

After Logan, Deadpool and It they realize there's still money to be made with R-Rated movies.
I don't see it as a bad thing. We'd probably get more big budget horror. And among the crap there's bound to be a couple of gems.

Immortan Jonesy

Nukiemorph

I've been irrationally worried about this all day...  I just want one more Ridley Scott film to close the gap!  Then they can sell to Disney and have JJ Abrams do a PG-13 remake of Aliens for all I care.

NeoXenoPred

If Disney buys Fox, there could be three outcomes. One, Alien and Predator would be made PG movie, like MCU movies. Two, the two franchise would be deleted or erased because of it's non kid-friendly traits. Three, Disney would try the R route, which may or may not hurt their reputation as a family friendly franchise (well, maybe, as there are many guts and bloods. Cursing may contribute a little, as Falcon said "shit" in CA:TWS and little to nobody complains).

Russ

Quote from: NeoXenoPred on Nov 09, 2017, 01:35:19 PM
If Disney buys Fox, there could be three outcomes. One, Alien and Predator would be made PG movie, like MCU movies. Two, the two franchise would be deleted or erased because of it's non kid-friendly traits. Three, Disney would try the R route, which may or may not hurt their reputation as a family friendly franchise (well, maybe, as there are many guts and bloods. Cursing may contribute a little, as Falcon said "shit" in CA:TWS and little to nobody complains).

Disney's much bigger than just the family friendly "corporation" as SM points out elsewhere in the thread - so I don't thinking hurting their image will factor into any decisions about AvP franchise.

The deal has stalled but isn't off: https://screenrant.com/disney-fox-deal-mcu-x-men-explained/

monkeylove

Going the "R" route should not be new for Disney given Miramax.

Mr.Turok

God this is all I think about when I saw the news...

I just hate this mega corporation/ big monopoly thing going on....free market competition my ass

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2017, 09:04:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2017, 08:39:27 PM
Has there ever been a case of Disney inheriting or actually doing an "adult" franchise? Either way, I wouldn't panic just yet. This might amount to nothing.

They release 'adult' stuff through subsidiaries like Miramax and Touchstone.

They also once owned Dimension films that put out horror films.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Nov 10, 2017, 03:46:24 AM
God this is all I think about when I saw the news...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ef/8e/30/ef8e30dfcdbc0eb1fc0d29110f6afc2c--clean-memes-the-empire-strikes-back.jpg

I just hate this mega corporation/ big monopoly thing going on....free market competition my ass

Wait until it merges with Warner Bros and becomes Disney-Warner and opens up a bio-weapons division for research on Alie-, oh wait... we still have a century to go.  :P

NeoXenoPred

Well, seriously i don't know about that fact. Thanks for telling me!

ReViliTy

ReViliTy

This probably has more to do with the need for content for their upcoming streaming network. National geographic would go to them. Thats a big gain for the network.   Sure they will get Avp, die hard, xmen, fantastic 4, and id4 but Avatar, is the real icening on the cake. 

Miramax was sold a while back.

What's interesting is fox has 30% of hulu
If this happens I see hulu going next & then netflix is in real trouble.

Nukiemorph

They sold Mirimax, but I'm pretty sure they still have Touchstone.  The could possibly continue these R-rated series as Touchstone projects.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed