Scott: I think the Beast is almost run out, personally.

Started by Ingwar, Nov 02, 2017, 10:49:37 PM

Author
Scott: I think the Beast is almost run out, personally. (Read 104,910 times)

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Nov 03, 2017, 08:54:47 AM
Don't really care if it was all from the studio (which was my guess back then). Ridley Scott stood behind that decision. He gave interviews talking about how he was wrong with Prometheus and how the Alien films are "all about this guy right there" *points to an Alien poster*. He needs to own up to it.

I said it before: this franchise has been hijacked by a director who doesn't even want to make Alien films.

Yeah, I have to admit I was wrong and I brought his rekindled enthusiasm as genuine.

I think in hindsight the studio probably backed the wrong horse. If they want to finance Prometheus 3 then by all means that's cool but I'd give the Alien moniker to someone else, I don't think Ridley can use the beast effectively anymore demonstrated by his poor creative decisions in much of Covenant. Perfectly good man in suit on set and he authorises a paint over with awful cgi

Scorpio

I would rather Ridley Scott handling the beast than anyone else, despite his comments.  The alien actually was a threat again and not a joke.

Maruko

You don't say? The last 2 movies was like a magician that at the end of the show reveal all his tricks. If you explain everything about something it will lose a lot of its beauty, especially something like the Xenomorph. It went from the scariest thing from the unknown, to a bad science project...

Ingwar

Cannot agree with Scott. Beast hasn't run out. You could make dozens great stand alone Alien moves. It's not about Xenomorph being in the film. It's all about how you use it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 03, 2017, 09:36:39 AM
I would rather Ridley Scott handling the beast than anyone else, despite his comments.  The alien actually was a threat again and not a joke.

I don't feel like it was. I think they were both offed rather easily and not portrayed effectively in the film as anything less than charging beasts. I'd been hoping for a little more menace. At least I got my 5 second creepy shot but otherwise I didn't think too much of the use of the Aliens in the film.

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 03, 2017, 09:44:15 AM
Cannot agree with Scott. Beast hasn't run out. You could make dozens great stand alone Alien moves. It's not about Xenomorph being in the film. It's all about how you use it.

Definitely. Isolation showed us the Alien can still be made scary. Granted, different platform, but just because it's a known shape and design doesn't mean it can't be used better in the films too.

Predator@Alien

Reassure me... That does not mean that there will be no Xeno at all ? We must see them : the queen, the eggs in the Derelict, the modification from organic to biomechanoid, an if it's possible, an infestation of all colonists... Am I right ?

Whiskeybrewer

The only reason "The Beast" is running out of steam is because it isn't being used right. Especially by Ridley

Khannea Sun Tzu

Khannea Sun Tzu

Yeah well he is right. This monster is milked to death and it needs to be contextualized.

Richman678

I don't think the Alien is being used correctly. I like how he set up the neomorphs, and how he was able to film the suspense leading up to the births of them, however after that he treated them like common monster movie monsters.

The Alien needs to be treated with suspense almost always.if you just show it running around the ship then it's gonna get old quick.

I personally believe the Alien needs to move to TV with a series on FX. As a movie I don't think it's gonna work anymore, and that's primarily due to the first two movies being so perfect as they were.

If Alien Isolation can use the creature correctly, then so can anyone.

BigDaddyJohn

Maybe another director could bring something interesting, but who, that's the question...

Valaquen

I guess the series is gonna continue plodding on an uncertain direction, then. Backtrack here, a retcon there, hand-wave this, ah fuggedaboutit.

Corporal Hicks

Or better yet, just give it to someone who actually likes the Alien series and give up on these prequels.

FiorinaFury161

Calling it now: Alien Dinosaurs VS. Alien Dragons. Imagine the greatness. ;)

Seriously tho, I just want a final conclusion with David, I am satisfied with that.

0321recon

0321recon

Fox could pull a Terminator Genysis and disregard Covenant.  let Scott continue his own series of films and hand over the franchise to someone else or let Blomkamp do his thing since this was a true misfire. I liked Covenant though once the xeno showed up, I was meh. They could had just stuck with the neo and it would had been great. I guess Fox just didn't think long term with these films.

I'd first do an Alien film either the alternative alien 3 to bring the crowds in. If it becomes successful, they could split the earnings and from their Scott's films are financed.

Denton Smalls

I took from his comments that the Alien as it has been presented is almost worn out and I believe he's correct. However, he also closed by saying how something new is needed, so he's not proposing ending the franchise, just evolving it.

I didn't love the prequels thus far but I'm trying (hard) to reserve judgement until Ridley's story is concluded.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed