Does anybody actually like the Oram/David/Xeno get up and rise moment?

Started by motherfather, Oct 31, 2017, 09:36:07 AM

Author
Does anybody actually like the Oram/David/Xeno get up and rise moment? (Read 17,319 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Might be better for another creature than the xeno.

Quote from: SiL on Feb 19, 2018, 09:37:13 PMJe ne regrette rien, which plays throughout the movie in regular time as well.

That'll be it. Probably the best way of getting new sounds is changing existing ones.

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Feb 19, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 19, 2018, 08:34:44 PM

I think that's an actual song played really slow. Thought it was a classical music tune that gets used in the movie. But it sounds so slow because of the dream time thing.
Je ne regrette rien, which plays throughout the movie in regular time as well.

Yeah this was a really awesome idea because of the different timings in the levels.

PsyKore

Doesn't this idea come from Alien? Because you hear that weird insect kinda sound whenever the alien is on screen.

markweatherill

Quote from: SM on Feb 17, 2018, 11:03:18 PM
Reminds me of the Giger flute idea where air would blow across holes in the Aliens body to make music.

perhaps a 'musical piping with notes extending over a wide range'. :)

ChrisPachi

So it's a murderous pipe organ? The back tubes take on a whole new meaning...

kwisatz

its a rape flute-

The back of the Alien always reminded a bit of an organ though.

Still Collating...

We finally know what the back tubes are for.  :laugh:

BigDaddyJohn

I thought it was only there for anyone to grab and ride it  :laugh:

Still Collating...

Well that conjures an interesting image... Preds riding xenos like ponies!  :laugh:

Though I really first thought how that was an obvious flaw, if you got the alien from behind and hang on, it would be hard for it to grab you, but then I remembered that awesome tail. There is no safe direction to approach an alien from.

Lol, only David can ride them.

David Weyland

Perhaps they are like luggage holders to carry the host back to hive for insemination

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: David Weyland on Feb 26, 2018, 10:28:52 PM
Perhaps they are like luggage holders to carry the host back to hive for insemination

The old Leading Edge Aliens RPG said exactly that. Webs would shoot out of the tubes to hold the victim in place. Then the alien would have its hands free to climb easily.

Still Collating...

Didn't know that, that would be such a cool idea, though the tube shapes don't really seem like a good way to hold the host but I guess the webbing would help.

David Weyland

'It's like something we haven't seen yet..'   :laugh:

dallevalle

When that moment happened I was actually sitting there with both hands in my face thinking ( this is actually worse than newborn)

NetworkATTH

I get everyone's problem with it. But I think it's actually one of the few things straight from Giger. I haven't the slightest idea if he would approve of the scene itself, but he always insisted that the Alien was a kind of beautiful thing, so the creation of the first of its kind (at least to David), is that its a beautiful thing not unlike what HR Giger thought of his initial creation and his work on Alien 3.

It's a stretch but I think it's a reference to Giger's belief that the beast was, in its own way, beautiful. And almost sort of a posthumous tribute to him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed