Does anybody actually like the Oram/David/Xeno get up and rise moment?

Started by motherfather, Oct 31, 2017, 09:36:07 AM

Author
Does anybody actually like the Oram/David/Xeno get up and rise moment? (Read 17,286 times)

Vermillion

I did not like it.
Not very ALIEN like at all.

Parker had the best line after the bursted zipped off the table though.  :)

reecebomb

That moment was embarrasing, almost parody  :-\

SuicideDoors

I liked it. For a few seconds it wasn't a mindless killing machine and was truly ethereal.

acidreign

I liked the scene. It's such a perversely tender moment. David and his creation in a brief moment of communion with each other.

Ridley 79

I like it. As stated before by others, great lighting and composition.

Personally I do think that in this scene as in the fingering scene it's supposed to be funny ; Fassbender's acting is quite quirky in both scenes and the moment the baby xeno rises and the "father" David shows it the way I mean seems obvious to me that it wasn't intent to be taken seriously.

I also like the way the music contrast with the chestbursting.

Instead of mimicking the originial chestbursting scene it goes other way, an unexcpected way and I like it.

Highland

Like most things in the movie, didn't love it, didn't hate it. I think they could have showed Davids "moment" in another way. It wasn't in keeping with the other movies.

Alionic

Quote from: tleilaxu on Oct 31, 2017, 03:27:28 PM
Amazing scene. Emphasizes what Alien is all about: creation, birth, desire for biological perfection etc. I guess the scene didn't have enough guns, explosions and yelling marines to please Aliens fans though.

They want such creative ideas like Blomkamp's Ripley running around in a xenomorph suit.

Highland

For sure, if they swapped out the regular guns for pulse rifles... Easily movie of the year.

PsyKore

Quote from: Alionic on Nov 03, 2017, 11:58:31 PM
Amazing scene. Emphasizes what Alien is all about: creation, birth, desire for biological perfection etc. I guess the scene didn't have enough guns, explosions and yelling marines to please Aliens fans though.

They want such creative ideas like Blomkamp's Ripley running around in a xenomorph suit.

:D Those horrible Aliens fans, damn them!

Munkeywrench

I didn't like the scene to me it was kinda goofy. I think they could have had David interact with the Alien some other way. Otherwise I did enjoy Alien: Covenant for the most part.

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 04, 2017, 08:46:00 AM

:D yeah I know...Some people can't seem to post without taking a swing at Aliens

Alionic

Quote from: Munkeywrench on Nov 04, 2017, 11:45:56 PM
I didn't like the scene to me it was kinda goofy. I think they could have had David interact with the Alien some other way. Otherwise I did enjoy Alien: Covenant for the most part.

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 04, 2017, 08:46:00 AM

:D yeah I know...Some people can't seem to post without taking a swing at Aliens

It's very  diminutive compared to the jabs at Covenant, comrade. Don't kid yourself.  ;D

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Nov 03, 2017, 07:17:11 PM
I liked it. For a few seconds it wasn't a mindless killing machine and was truly ethereal.

That was my thought as well. I like brief moments that depict the alien actually thinking about something. Kind of like when the alien was grinning at Lambert.

Nightmare Asylum

One of the best sequences in the film.

proto leech

one of the best parts of the film, took me by complete surprise

the music did sell the scene. chestbursters have been traditionally horrific scenes and the turnaround of trying the show it as beautiful birth worked imo

reecebomb

reecebomb

Alien 3 did the beautiful birth thing next to dark but hautingly beautiful score, i still get chills from this:

Covenant brth scene doesn't belong in a proper Alien film. The music on it's own is not bad, it's pretty but it completely lacks the dark undertones that an Alien film requires. It probably would fit nicely to some romantic movie. It's still musically one of the strongest moments (that wasn't reused Goldsmith) in the soundtrack. Some of the Covenant scenes are just bad taste, e.g the K-Drama esque sappy piano music with Daniels. WTF were they thinking.

Tbf the shocking chestbuster wouldn't have been effective either when there was pretty gory b2b backburster/throatburser earlier and the build up for the chestburst was horrible and the result was just laughable in the end.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed