Flop

Started by DerelictShip, Oct 30, 2017, 05:38:43 PM

Author
Flop (Read 14,863 times)

Username-Unavailable

Username-Unavailable

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Dec 02, 2017, 11:28:04 PM
K. Enjoy it in the theater.

Unless someone who I know has decent taste in movies tells me the movie is worth a shit I'm not giving Fox a penny for this. This has been my policy with every major release since 2015, even for movies that I personally think might be worth two hours of my life.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Username-Unavailable on Dec 02, 2017, 11:35:32 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Dec 02, 2017, 11:28:04 PM
K. Enjoy it in the theater.

Unless someone who I know has decent taste in movies tells me the movie is worth a shit I'm not giving Fox a penny for this. This has been my policy with every major release since 2015, even for movies that I personally think might be worth two hours of my life.

Dude you're harsh  :laugh:, i understand your concern though, but there is plenty of good stuff in the script too honestly.

Naginata

Naginata

Quote from: DerelictShip on Oct 30, 2017, 05:38:43 PM
you probably will fool me for a third time because I'm already too deep in the rabit hole with these films!!!

Dude, you just nailed it. This is the truest statement ever made by an Alien/Predator fan, Good Lord. There is something addictive about it, isn't there? Any other series would have been deader than dirt after the one-two punch of the AVP's (especially after Rez, Jesus...) but they're like the Energizer bunny after doing a line of coke the size of the Great Wall. And honestly? Even if The Predator is a giant flop, it won't kill the franchise; nothing can, at this point.

... That makes me happier than it probably should.

Flexserve

Flexserve

Die hard fan as much of the rest of you are. But I smell a disaster in the making.

It's sizing up like the Alien prequels to me.

Shane Black returning to the universe just like Ridley...refreshing 'new take' on the series...the leaked script sounding pretty exotic.

This is a slight rant but share your predictions and if someone can get me amped for this film I'd greatly appreciate it. Right now I refuse to get my hopes up as I did for the Alien films, you may fool me once fox (prometheus), and twice (covenant), and you probably will fool me for a third time because I'm already too deep in the rabit hole with these films!!!

I'm with you. This STINKS of disaster. The behind the scenes looks cheap and totally not fitting for a predator story. JUNK. Quick $$$

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I've been out of the loop, why do people think it'll flop?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 06, 2017, 02:45:43 PM
I've been out of the loop, why do people think it'll flop?
'Cause the founder of this thread, as well as the other handful of people not liking what they heard so far won't see this movie, hence it will flop.

Also, there just needs to be a "this will flop" thread on every board on every website per movie, we won't break traditions here.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

More specifically, there are some concerns with certain concepts that are in the film.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

This utterly fresh and new Predator film sounds like an utterly stinky and rotten tomato.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 06, 2017, 04:25:42 PM
More specifically, there are some concerns with certain concepts that are in the film.

You'd think Predator would be pretty hard to get wrong...guess we'll see.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Predator is one of those deceptively simple concepts. The first film is just plain well made.  Everything is clicking. The acting, the pacing, the editing, the direction, the cinematagrophy, the visual effects... And we all know how close it came to not being.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Most of us here are similar minded, so I will read the board before going to the theater just to see what the general feedback is.  Even if it's horrible I'll probably go see it anyway  :P

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Oh most definitely, no matter what I'm seeing any alien or predator film, first thing, in theatre.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Unless the trailers really put me off I'm gonna go see it.

prototypeXIII

prototypeXIII

Die hard fan as much of the rest of you are. But I smell a disaster in the making.

It's sizing up like the Alien prequels to me.

Shane Black returning to the universe just like Ridley...refreshing 'new take' on the series...the leaked script sounding pretty exotic.

This is a slight rant but share your predictions and if someone can get me amped for this film I'd greatly appreciate it. Right now I refuse to get my hopes up as I did for the Alien films, you may fool me once fox (prometheus), and twice (covenant), and you probably will fool me for a third time because I'm already too deep in the rabit hole with these films!!!

Because the predator is more action based that the alien universe (people's perception of the movie is more synonymous with action and less with horror), i dont think will have to worry about living up to the same expectations as alien/aliens.

That being said, as long as the movie has a decent plot there shouldn't be any reason why this movie wouldn't do well.

genocyber

genocyber

Predators supposedly being chummy with humans and living on earth with them is going to really make them a laughing stock and split the fanbase if that is true. Remember how that one little team up in AVP pissed off so many fans?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed