Flop

Started by DerelictShip, Oct 30, 2017, 05:38:43 PM

Author
Flop (Read 14,764 times)

Shinawi

Shinawi

The kids in the movie It did some good acting.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: OpenMaw on Nov 28, 2017, 05:57:13 AM

Another good example of child characters dying would be in the movie Mimic.

AvP Requiem

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: happypred on Dec 01, 2017, 11:25:53 AM

AvP Requiem
And we all know how good that movie turned out...
To me, it's neither appealing, shoking and/or exciting seeing kids die in movies. It's mostly dumb and cheap and that's it.

I actually want the kid to survive, i'm on the bright side of things. The Predator movies were never mean spirited, they were brutal and gory, people die, yes, but it's ultimately innocent popcorn fun. That's part of the reason the rewatch value of these movies go through the roof.

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 01, 2017, 12:52:54 PM

AvP Requiem
To me, it's neither appealing, shoking and/or exciting seeing kids die in movies. It's mostly dumb and cheap and that's it.

I actually want the kid to survive, i'm on the bright side of things. The Predator movies were never mean spirited, they were brutal and gory, people die, yes, but it's ultimately innocent popcorn fun. That's part of the reason the rewatch value of these movies go through the roof.
I really do think we'll be pleasantly surprised with the outcome of the film after it finally comes out. Hoping it does well enough to green light a sequel

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Dec 01, 2017, 12:59:33 PM

AvP Requiem

I really do think we'll be pleasantly surprised with the outcome of the film after it finally comes out. Hoping it does well enough to green light a sequel

From what i heard, i think the movie will be fun and i'll like it, but i just have to wait and see.

No movie is perfect for me anyway, there is always stuff i don't like even in my favourite movies ever.

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 01, 2017, 01:12:30 PM

AvP Requiem

From what i heard, i think the movie will be fun and i'll like it, but i just have to wait and see.

No movie is perfect for me anyway, there is always stuff i don't like even in my favourite movies ever.
Yeah that's true, I can be honest though, I don't recall anything in Predator that I disliked and it's by far my favorite movie of all-time since the day it was released

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Dec 01, 2017, 01:18:58 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 01, 2017, 01:12:30 PM

AvP Requiem

Yeah that's true, I can be honest though, I don't recall anything in Predator that I disliked and it's by far my favorite movie of all-time since the day it was released

That's part of the nostalgia and your love for the movie though, you watched it so often you take it for granted what the movie is and never think about what parts could have been made better, eventually.

I love the movie, but i remember seeing it for the first time and not loving it as much as i do today. Don't get me wrong, the first Predator is my personal "Godfather", but no movie is ever so good that you can't do it any better.

And i think that's part of the problem of any fandom, people today expect the movies to be perfect in every single sense, and if they aren't like they imagined it in their heads it's shit. There is no compromising and/or open mindedness anymore.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

I agree  it will probably be a fun movie, just don't think it will live up to my expectations for what a Predator film should be. Sounds to me it's out with the old and in with the new.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 01, 2017, 01:41:13 PM
I agree  it will probably be a fun movie, just don't think it will live up to my expectations for what a Predator film should be. Sounds to me it's out with the old and in with the new.

When was the last time an Alien/Predator movie went the way it should be? lol

Probably more than 20 years ago. We haven't been very luck, doubt that will change now. I will just try to enjoy the movie for what it is.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The movie is not even out yet. I think the movie will do fine since Predators did pretty well over 6 years ago. If the movie has good word of mouth and good marketing, it will do just fine.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Well if you're talking about market success then yeah I think it will do fine there because who doesn't like predator, as for the the success of the fans...I guess we'll just see about that one...

Username-Unavailable

Username-Unavailable

Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 01, 2017, 07:58:09 PM
Well if you're talking about market success then yeah I think it will do fine there because who doesn't like predator,

Predator doesn't get asses in seats. I'm not saying a Predator movie can't be successful in the 21st century, but the character alone isn't enough to attract an audience. It needs a good marketing campaign to bring people in for a huge opening week or good word of mouth to carry it along. Obviously the most ideal situation is both.

I don't know if a spiritual sequel to The Monster Squad with a couple of
Spoiler
Predators larping as Call of Duty characters fighting an Engineer larping as a Predator
[close]
is going to impress people. I don't know, maybe if it's got enough goofy one liners and the tone is kept at the level of a filler episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer it'll hit the MCU sweet spot and do well.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

That's not what the movie is.

Username-Unavailable

Username-Unavailable

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Dec 02, 2017, 10:21:00 PM
That's not what the movie is.

You're right, I should have put "being brutally butchered by" instead of fighting.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

K. Enjoy it in the theater.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed