Flop

Started by DerelictShip, Oct 30, 2017, 05:38:43 PM

Author
Flop (Read 14,908 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Guessing this will do financially about as well as Predators did years ago. Doesn't matter if hardcore fans hate it or not. Probably will sell well on DVD/Blu-Ray as well. Remember that a lot of Star Wars fans hated The Last Jedi but it's the most successful movie of the year.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: DerelictShip on Oct 30, 2017, 05:38:43 PM
Die hard fan as much of the rest of you are. But I smell a disaster in the making.

It's sizing up like the Alien prequels to me.

Does not compute.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 03, 2018, 03:46:18 PM
Guessing this will do financially about as well as Predators did years ago. Doesn't matter if hardcore fans hate it or not. Probably will sell well on DVD/Blu-Ray as well. Remember that a lot of Star Wars fans hated The Last Jedi but it's the most successful movie of the year.
I anticipate the same.  The opinions of the hardcore fans don't matter as much as the general movie-going populace, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on where you stand.)

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

I don't understand why so many fans want this film to fail? It's like they're rooting for it to be the worst PREDATOR film ever. As a fan myself, I would rather see it be a box office success. Also, yeah I get the early draft of the script was leaked. Doesn't mean the film itself is gonna be terrible. Either way, I know I'm excited about seeing a new PREDATOR film 8 years after PREDATORS was in theaters. Which is 8 years too long imho.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 03, 2018, 03:46:18 PM
Guessing this will do financially about as well as Predators did years ago.
Which would actually be a better scenario than if it did well as Black's other films.   Discounting Iron Man 3 (for obvious reasons), both of his other films have barely broken even at the box office, meaning the studio actually lost money both times.   Predators at least made a modest profit...even though it wasn't good and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang and The Nice Guys were both great.  Go figure.  :)

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Feb 04, 2018, 11:53:12 PM
I don't understand why so many fans want this film to fail? It's like they're rooting for it to be the worst PREDATOR film ever. As a fan myself, I would rather see it be a box office success. Also, yeah I get the early draft of the script was leaked. Doesn't mean the film itself is gonna be terrible. Either way, I know I'm excited about seeing a new PREDATOR film 8 years after PREDATORS was in theaters. Which is 8 years too long imho.

Well said👍👍

genocyber

genocyber

Because fans hold what they love to a high standard out of respect for it to continue to be as good as it ever was. To accept anything less is to accept mediocrity.

Master

Master

Very well said in deed.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Thank you. :D

The mentality "i don't get what i want so i hope it rots in hell and it's bad for everybody else" of the so called "fans" is really regrettable these days. It's like saying my favourite team had a bad day in the past so i hope it loses all the future games, because my high standards!

No, that really doesn't make you a fan, not by any definition, not by any standard, it makes you look like a bitter fool that is in desperate need to begrudge the fun for others by saying "ohh, you like it to this point? I hope it fails, not a new movie for 20 years again!! Go Predator! I love it, i want this to bomb so the franchise goes DTV, or maybe, i don't want to see a new movie ever again, but i love it!"

Well, i guess... want some candy?

Master

Master

Firstly, I want my future Predator sequels to be as good as possible. Is it possible to make them as good as first two? No, I don`t think so. Those movies are jewels of their times and the world moved on, you don`t do films like that anymore. Of coures they can be good in their own merrit and maybe even cult classics, but time will tell.
Secondy, I want my future Predator sequels to be, well..., Predator. It`s important to be aware of what made those films so good. It`s important add to it, retconing as much as it`s only necessary. Forgeting what made those stories thick and changing whole core elements is Covenant way and leads to dissaster. When the base of new film is story that looks like Power Rangers meet Guardians of the Galaxy, with lowest common denominator of all S-F - Alien Invasion, you start to wonder why bother with Predator in  first place and not start fresh new franchise.
Thirdly, I want my fellow fans to be less vidictive and dividing. We are all fans here, otherwise we wouldn`t waste our time visiting. 

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Because fans hold what they love to a high standard out of respect for it to continue to be as good as it ever was. To accept anything less is to accept mediocrity.

I get that and it's not like I don't hold this series to a high standard too. However, I guess you must know that the fans of this franchise only seem to agree that PREDATOR is the best entry. Everything after that has been 50/50 or some equivalent of said split. Basically the whole " To accept anything less is to accept mediocrity. " must mean ALLOT of fans accept mediocrity. Since nobody agrees unanimously that any one of the sequels is of the same caliber as the original film.

I want my fellow fans to be less vidictive and dividing. We are all fans here, otherwise we wouldn`t waste our time visiting.

I second this plea. Ever since an early draft of the script has been leaked. The fan base seems to be in a state of utter depression and anxiety. Justified or not, I would appreciate if we could all be less harsh and try our best to get along amicably. We all are here because we love PREDATOR. Let that be the guiding principle in our endeavor to end the fracture of this fan base.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed