AVP:S Aliens Vs Predator: Survival. My idea for a new movie.

Started by Ultimate Savage, Oct 19, 2017, 06:48:42 PM

Author
AVP:S Aliens Vs Predator: Survival. My idea for a new movie. (Read 8,695 times)

Russ

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 01:06:21 AM
QuoteWe can only root for "good guy"?

That is generally the idea, yes.  Rules can be bent or broken from time to time, but generally they're rules because they work over and over.

Yeah... this is the case - by and large. I mean, of course there are always exceptions, but it's a safer bet to go with the unofficial rules of screen writing (as laid out by the late Blake Snyder).

I gotta say, though. It does sound intriguing, but its a tough ask even as a short story-- even if you're conveying it in the third person, how are we going to get across the emotions of the predator... it's values... it's character. I'd struggle with that (then again, I've never attempted to write anything like it.

Oddly, film might be an easier medium for the "no dialogue" (there've been caveman films with no dialogue - I'm thinking of one mental 70s one which I can't remember the name of) because the descriptors don't have to be literary like they do with a novel or short story.

Maybe the way to go is to write a treatment - that way, you don't get bogged down with having to be all literary and can just say it as it is - see how that goes?

I still recommend following the Blake Snyder Beat Sheet even for your treatment, though, as its a dead handy guide.

SM

I think you might get away with it for a short film.  Half an hour tops.

I don't know how sustainable it'd be for a feature.

Russ

Agreed - Like Dark Ages. Let the kickstarter commence!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultimate Savage on Oct 19, 2017, 06:48:42 PM
Would you be interested in seeing an AVP movie, where it follows the actions of both species with no human interactions?

100%! But just to echo some of the earlier sentiments, it'd definitely need to be something shorter. I think it'd be hard to maintain over a feature length. Give me a 40/60 minutes long film like this and I'd be all over it!

Ultimate Savage

I am writing the story in a short story format, that is intended to be seen as a feature. So that means it won't be novel size and will basically push the story forward more than dragging it out.

But even though I have said that there is no details in my original post and it's as if you're reading the back of a movie cover, people still talk about how it's too short? Do mini synopsis give away the whole stories on the back of movie covers now??? :/

If I was to go into detail here, the post would be 20+ pages long. I can go into some details if I was asked specifically but I really don't want to spoil it for when I finish it and eventually post it up somewhere. But don't expect a novel-type story. That's not my thing.

To clear up this "Predator Kills Aliens"... Well, since there are an uncountable amount of Xenomorphs compared to how many Yautja there could be, then I don't see why killing a load of Xenomorphs are a problem? In my story, Yautja do get killed.

To clear up "bad guys/good guys"... We all know that the Xenomorph are literally pure evil killing beings with no bargaining or reasoning abilities. The Yautja have those abilities and better moral traits that see them as a much lesser evil. In a story where Predators and Aliens are forefront of a movie, it makes sense to follow the more humanoid beings.

To clear up "Showing expressions and feelings"... You've seen the movies. The Yautja physically express themselves pretty well. They barely show any fear whatsoever. They take the hunt on. Seeing them in a different light would add a new dimension to the character(s) Having them on the reverse end and having to fight to survive rather than fight for trophies and pride. 

The story; It's a movie set in the universe of "Aliens vs Predators". So my story is set in this universe. Not every event between the tow species have had "marines" involved or any form of human contact. So breaking the mould a little and having an event that brings these two together once again, would be different and fresh.

There will be some new things that haven't been seen on screen that I have added here and there. But like I have said, the mini synopsis is as basic as possible that gives away nothing.

SM

Aliens simply seek to survive and propagate.  I wouldn't describe that as "pure evil".

Ultimate Savage

Quote from: SM on Oct 27, 2017, 09:09:19 PM
Aliens simply seek to survive and propagate.  I wouldn't describe that as "pure evil".

They don't have sex and give births. They literally kill their hosts to be born. For every Xenomorph, I host had to die. You think that's not evil or evil by nature? Oh dear...

SM

Many species rely on the deaths of other creatures in order to survive.  Are they all "pure evil"?

Ultimate Savage

Quote from: SM on Oct 27, 2017, 09:42:10 PM
Many species rely on the deaths of other creatures in order to survive.  Are they all "pure evil"?

Are you seriously asking this question? Have you not seen all the movies? All the explanations? I feel you're trolling me on my thread. Which offers nothing to it. Moving on.

SM

Genuine question.

They don't do what they do out of desire to be malicious or cause pain - as least as far as we know.  They do it to survive.

To answer your other question - I've been studying these films almost as long as you've been alive.

Ultimate Savage

Quote from: SM on Oct 27, 2017, 10:07:53 PM
Genuine question.

They don't do what they do out of desire to be malicious or cause pain - as least as far as we know.  They do it to survive.

To answer your other question - I've been studying these films almost as long as you've been alive.

The difference between The Xenomorph and a wild animal, is that even a wild animal can be tamed and bargained with. The Xenomorph are bread for killing and taking over with no bargain skills or desire to. They kill whoever and whatever is not of their species. Inherently, they are made for evil intent, to do evil intent.

These are not just mindless animals. They have shown many times to use their "brains" in situations. They have no morality or empathy. I know these are "fictional character" but if these where the traits given to a human, they'd be classed as pure evil. I think I have explained this now. Which now, I'd like to get back on topic.

SM

Ripley bargained with the Queen.  As did Gediman.

However I'm not sure how that's relevant.

A lifeform that seeks to survive even to the detriment of other lifeforms isn't inherently evil.

Ultimate Savage

The Queen was protecting the eggs in Aliens. There are the smartest of the Xenomorph. It's natural for the leader to be smarter. It's not bargaining at all. The Queen was going to kill Ripley regardless.

As I have already explained in my comment before, the Xenomorph are killing machines. They either kill you out-right or they kill you via impregnation. There is no middle ground. Bread for evil intent to commit evil actions. They are like a cancer. And you know cancer is evil by nature. There is nothing else to the Xenomorph than this. Which make them the most dangerous species of this universe.

As for my movie idea...

I am introducing a hybrid Xenomorph not yet been seen on screen but rarely used in the comics. Which leads to an excellent climax to the movie/story.

SM

SM

Cancer isn't evil in and of itself. It doesn't gave any intent beyond replicating itself. Aliens are much the same.

It doesn't really matter if the intended to kill Ripley. She was still able to bargain with it. 'Let me leave and I don't torch your eggs.'  I would argue that Predators are more evil since they take pleasure in killing others.

As to your movie idea- how much have you actually written?

Ultimate Savage

I think we can agree to disagree on the Xenomorph nature.

As for the story, I'm almost finished the basic rough version. I keep going back to add little bits of detail to make the story seem more plausible in and of itself (continuity). I have just started a better version and getting the intro in better order. Like I say; This isn't a novel-like write up. The story will be about 25-30 pages. Cutting out the type of things like; the look of the interior of a ship, it colours and all that. It's just focusing on pushing the story forward. That's how I have always written my stories. People I have shown my work to seem to like this style. So I have stuck with it.

Character will have "code names". Just like "Scar", "Wolf". Just to let you know of my Yautja protagonist, his name is "Razor Jaw".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed