Amanda impregnated?

Started by DerelictShip, Oct 11, 2017, 03:08:01 AM

Author
Amanda impregnated? (Read 8,454 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 12, 2017, 12:01:57 AM

Facehuggers will still attack you.

Why would they ignore you?  Implant multiple embryos like the Predalien in AVPR.

QuoteAlso, from memory, all the eggs in the area are open and empty except for one which is meant for Amanda.

There are several unhatched eggs lying around.

QuoteThere's also no FHer corpse lying close to her.

There was not one for Kane, either.  It was hiding up in the ceiling somewhere.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 12, 2017, 04:05:17 AM
Why would they ignore you?  Implant multiple embryos like the Predalien in AVPR.

That's weird, but Ok mate.

QuoteAlso, from memory, all the eggs in the area are open and empty except for one which is meant for Amanda.
There are several unhatched eggs lying around.

I just checked and there's two. One's right in front of Amanda, the other a bit around the corner.

QuoteThere's also no FHer corpse lying close to her.
There was not one for Kane, either.  It was hiding up in the ceiling somewhere.

Yep, and it was shown to have died close by. Likewise, if they were going to convey in the game she was impregnated, they would do the same and show a corpse of a FHer rather than leaving it vague. There's not really any evidence though.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Of course they wouldn't make it obvious, to leave room for potential sequels, however if they wanted to pursue the 'Amanda impreganted' route, there's nothing in the game to contradict that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 12, 2017, 04:05:17 AM

We don't discuss that.

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 12, 2017, 05:32:36 AM
Of course they wouldn't make it obvious, to leave room for potential sequels, however if they wanted to pursue the 'Amanda impreganted' route, there's nothing in the game to contradict that.

Scorpio has a point. It could be that Creative Assembly just wanted to have that potential avenue there in case. We should have asked CA about that when we interviewed them. Lemme shoot off some messages and see if I can get a response.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 12, 2017, 07:28:41 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 12, 2017, 05:32:36 AM

Scorpio has a point. It could be that Creative Assembly just wanted to have that potential avenue there in case. We should have asked CA about that when we interviewed them. Lemme shoot off some messages and see if I can get a response.

I never assumed she was impregnated. I just thought she was hived up to the wall and woke up before the FHer hatched. Would be great to hear what CA say about it. Thanks, Hicks.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Yes, please let us know!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 14, 2017, 12:21:56 AM
I never assumed she was impregnated. I just thought she was hived up to the wall and woke up before the FHer hatched. Would be great to hear what CA say about it. Thanks, Hicks.

One strike-out (as in didn't want to say). Trying another person.

Can't name names but yeah, looks like the intent was just to leave it open. No solid intent that she was impregnated but was left open to interpretation.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Kinda like "it's in the cat!"

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 11, 2017, 04:07:30 AM
I thought this, because later two aliens randomly show up in front of you.  Shotgun them, flamethrower them, etc and they just ignore you.  Either this is a bug or it's scripted that way for some reason.
It's scripted that way. The aliens can and do kill you after the cocooning sequence:

Naissus

Naissus

I don't think she was impregnated, but for a sequel they could easily decide that or not much like the jump from Aliens to Alien 3.

The Old One

The Old One

Answered, We know no impregnation of Amanda Ripley occurred on-board Sevastopol Station now.

Huggs

Huggs

They could just ignore the special edition of Aliens.

But I think most people are aware of that one, and it would be a tough sell.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed