Scott: the evolution of Alien is nearly over.

Started by Ingwar, Oct 06, 2017, 06:42:24 PM

Author
Scott: the evolution of Alien is nearly over. (Read 34,443 times)

Rudiger

So it's Apocalypse Now in space.

I love the smell of corn bread in the morning.

Scorpio

Sounds good to me.

Blabel

Blabel

The world that the AI might create as a leader if he finds himself on a new planet. We have actually quite a big layout for the next one – Covenant 2"

So we're going full on Biomechanics, in the next film. (according to the crew behind Covenant). ´
David will transcend his human creators and become something utterly alien to us.

Gimme a full on Biomech planet, ridley.
GIMME!

(Also looking forward to the return of proper biomech Aliuns) :)

Baron Von Marlon

Would be cool if David creates his own bio-mechanical structure based on Engineer technology he picked up. Along with several creatures.

Space Invader

Space Invader

Bring it on, Covenant was great.

Hope this doesn't mean that we won't see Xenomorphs at all though.

Scorpio

He said "nearly" over so I'm guessing one more evolution.  Maybe the alien we saw on the Nostromo?

Ultramorph

If this means David turns Origae 6 into "Planet H.R. Giger Painting" I'm in.

Nightmare Asylum

Given the themes Ridley has been interested in tackling as of late with Prometheus, Covenant, and 2049 this news doesn't shock me in the slightest, but I find it incredibly exciting. I really hope that all of this come into fruition.

Highland

Doesn't sound all that bad, but then neither did Shaw and David going to paradise.

kaustin7

I am not loving this route.

The Engineers/Gods created us > we create AI > we find our creators they want to kills us > our creation(s) > want to kill us. It's become too much of an Ancient Aliens episode.
I have enjoyed Prometheus and Alien: Covenant but not for the Alien prequel vibe. Some interesting concepts that should have never involved the Alien franchise imho. Scott should have just kept it a separate movie trilogy about the creation and destruction of life and the creation and destruction of AI and what it all philosophically means.

I don't like at all how it is going to tie in with the scenes of the Nostromo crew crawling all over a massive fossilized creature/ETin the derelict and then get infected with the Alien knowing David was behind some of it if not all of it.

I am going to have to agree with one reviewer that said Scott's Alien prequels are doing to Alien what Lucas' prequels did with Star Wars. I happen to be a huge fanboy of both franchises and can appreciate aspects of both prequel trilogies but am critical about how certain story points are being handled. David = Alien and Midichlorians=Force being two glaring examples.

0321recon

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 06, 2017, 11:32:03 PM
If this means David turns Origae 6 into "Planet H.R. Giger Painting" I'm in.

Same here.

kaustin7

I was hoping the Engineer planet was going to look like the Harkonnen Planet in Dune. Can that still happen, sure.

I am getting the feeling that Scott is using the Alien brand/franchise to sell and tell a totally different story, that may have been told more effectively without the "Alien,"

Mr. Xenomorph

Color me intrigued.

I'm wondering how Daniels will play into all of this. Ridley said in one of the podcasts he did a few months ago that he didn't want to use her again, but he's contractually obligated to bring Katherine Waterston back. I haven't been able to find it again, but I could have sworn I heard him say that.

Marcus9000

Hmmn. Not sure what to think.

Btw just saw Blade Runner 2049 and thought it was pretty dull. Too long and boring. Ryan Gosling was excellent though, but the film needed to be tightened a bit. So not going along with this Dennis Villeneuve is a genius idea.

We all know that whatever happens in the next Alien film we need to know what caused LV426 ship and eggs.... and also we need to see the xenomorph gain its biomechanical attributes.... via David?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Samhain13

Dammit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed