The Predator Novelization

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 06, 2017, 07:10:35 AM

Author
The Predator Novelization (Read 12,317 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Goro... ;D

"Subterranean? Is that something like underground?" :laugh:

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 15, 2018, 02:35:58 PM
Please don't remind me of that goro garbage.

LOL sorry not sorry! No but I thought that it was a pretty silly choice at the time but after the seeing the movie I was like welp there's your explanation for goro pred haha

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Sep 15, 2018, 02:17:42 PM
Quick side note the four armed predator in the "Predators" sequel comic is more plausible now
Spoiler
knowing that the Preds are into genetic manipulation.
[close]

100% CANON.

Kailem

Kailem

Wasn't there also a giant, four-armed Predator in the Superman & Batman vs Aliens & Predator comics as well? Even more canon! :laugh:

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

There's a preview clip of the audiobook reading up on Downpour. They got the same guy reading both the prequel novel and this, which is nice. I appreciate it when they do that sort of thing.

https://www.downpour.com/the-predator?sp=233690

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 15, 2018, 06:26:21 PM
Wasn't there also a giant, four-armed Predator in the Superman & Batman vs Aliens & Predator comics as well? Even more canon! :laugh:
There was also an action figure of a four-armed Predator planned for the Hive Wars toyline, had it continued.

EJA

EJA

Are all the Yautja practicising genetic enhancement on themselves? Any indication as to how long it's been going on?

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

That preview clip confirms the novel follows the new 3rd act unfortunately.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: EJA on Sep 16, 2018, 10:46:56 AM
Are all the Yautja practicising genetic enhancement on themselves?

Considering none of the predators outside of the ones on The Predator did that, I'm don't think so. That might be expanded if there is a sequel and I doubt the next books will care about mentioning that concept.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: EJA on Sep 16, 2018, 10:46:56 AM
Are all the Yautja practicising genetic enhancement on themselves? Any indication as to how long it's been going on?

There's a bit in the prequel novel from the pred's POV where its ruminating on how it has made some discoveries back home that seem to indicate someone is f**king with the species genome, but then it decides not to worry about the troubling implications of that at the moment and just enjoy the hunt.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That's interesting. In the movie
Spoiler
it does sort of seem like Assassin isn't being experimented on willingly when McKenna sees the little clip through the helmet.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's unclear in the film but from what I remember of the script it's supposed to be Fugitive.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That might make more sense. I'm sure the novel will clear it up.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

My copy will be here tomorrow.

Truth be old I haven't finished reading the prequel novel yet, I'm not sure if I'll finish that first or dive right into the novelization.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed