1987's Predator Stalks UK Cinemas November 9th

Started by Darkness, Sep 27, 2017, 03:50:57 PM

Author
1987's Predator Stalks UK Cinemas November 9th (Read 23,676 times)

Darkness

The very first Predator film will return to cinemas once again across UK and Ireland in celebration of its 30th Anniversary. Unlike Alien and Aliens which have graced our cinemas many times in recent years, this marks the first time that a Predator film has been re-released.

In association with Park Circus, Predator will be shown for one night only on Thursday November 9th in Cineworld, Vue and Picturehouse cinemas. For those old enough to have seen back in 1987, you will get to relive those memories of one of Arnie’s best films and for those who didn’t, this will be one of the rare times you will get to see it in a theatre.

Here’s a special re-release Predator trailer courtesy of Empire:

Predator will also be shown in select European countries too around the same time.

Will you be going to see the Predator re-release? Did you see it in theatres back in 1987?

Corporal Hicks

I'm really jazzed about this. I've never had the chance to see Predator on the big screen. Can't wait to get my tickets sorted.

N-Shifter

Ooooohhh I'm definitely up for this and I even have that whole week off anyway (by coincidence)  - Yus!

I've managed to see "Alien", "Aliens" and "Blade Runner" in the cinema now when they've been re-shown in recent years so I'll happily add "Predator" to that list :)

Xan21

I wish they would do this in The Netherlands

Darkness

Actually they are. It will be in six cities in the Netherlands on Monday 6th November. Follow the link to Park Circus.

x-M-x

Defo gonna see this with the family lol.

memories for them! lol

Whiskeybrewer

I definitely have to see this at the cinema.

Also that trailer is awesome

frasermaxx

Lucky for everyone in the UK it'll def be a blast from the past. Please do share your experiences in the cinema. The first time I saw Predator was on VHS😀 I can only imagine the "one ugly m@&$)&@" with the unmasking scene on the big screen equates standing ovation!

TheDerelict

Yaasss! I have booked that week off work to play Call of Duty WW2. I wasn't planning on leaving the sofa but now this will pull me away from the Xbox. 2017 has been a great year at the cinema, Prometheus, alien, T2 3D, covenant and now Predator. All I need now is a blade runner sequel preferably set 30 years after the original and staring Ryan Gosling and my life will be complete.

Corporal Hicks

Well...funny you should mention that...!  :P

Highland

I just checked Australia and it was the 12th of July here. I feel slightly sick. Still Blade Runner tonight might make up for it.

Corporal Hicks

It doesn't look like it's aligned to any specific date. I mean Predator showed over here in November at some film festival according to IMDB but it wasn't widely released until the New Year in 88.

Highland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 29, 2017, 07:28:01 AM
It doesn't look like it's aligned to any specific date. I mean Predator showed over here in November at some film festival according to IMDB but it wasn't widely released until the New Year in 88.

Yeah I think it's just random. I've had buddies in Canada watch other old releases this year. They are calling it rewind here in Australia. I noticed other movies pop up. Like we are getting Sean of the dead at the end of October.

Hyperdyne120-a2

Wow...what an anticlimactic trailer. Lol That being said...definitely going to see this! It'll be a first because unfortunately, this is the only predator/related film I missed theatrically. Probably cause I was 5. Can't wait!!

bladeghost

I feel like I should express myself here on this.
RidgeTop(Adam Zeller) and Cpl. Hicks (AAron Percival) from AVP Galaxy
Have, mostly Adam has asked me to participate in a pod cast with, about my works,
being AVP 1, modding, and DOOM 3 AVP modding.
Blade Yautja ,Prometheus, Phantasm D3 and other works.
I Would be pleased to participate, Thoughts from the community?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed