The Predator is “Unexpected and Utterly Fresh” - Fox CEO on The Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 20, 2017, 05:25:10 PM

Author
The Predator is “Unexpected and Utterly Fresh” - Fox CEO on The Predator (Read 26,564 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteHow are you building franchises?
The franchises we make still need to be original. "Deadpool" was part of a cinematic universe, but it felt unique. We've got a "Predator" film coming out that is unexpected and utterly fresh. I just imagined that it would take 500 hours to read the script — that it would be interior jungle, exterior more jungle and then fighting happens, but Emma [Watts] went out and recruited Shane Black. From the first page, it didn't read like a "Predator" film. It's set in suburbia. There's a little boy and his dad at the center of the action.

http://variety.com/2017/film/features/stacey-snider-21st-century-fox-first-year-1202563799/

She used the suburbia buzzword! *fans everywhere triggered, Shane Black triggered*

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Hahaha finally the word is out lol.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Antal's inspiration? Predator.

Black's? Close Encounters.

'Nuff said.

Shane is a real filmmaker. Thanks Emma.

Shaeffer11

Shaeffer11

Second time we've heard the word "fresh" when describing the script

The Alien Predator

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 20, 2017, 07:01:07 PM

'Nuff said.

Shane is a real filmmaker. Thanks Emma.

Claws Encounters.  :P

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Suburbia. Could be interesting? I've been trying to keep in the dark about this as much as possible but I couldn't resist finding out the location. Not so sure about this though. Cautiously optimistic?  It could go either way... the next Close Encounters of the Third Kind, the next ET!? Or the next AVP:R?

Scorpio

Scorpio

It's a natural evolution from Predator 2. 

Although I would like to see a more exotic location like the jungle in Predator.  Not another jungle, though, but some other environment.

It's weird how the jungle in Predator looks more alien than the 'alien planet' jungle in Predators.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 20, 2017, 07:01:07 PM

'Nuff said.
Nowhere near enough said -- what does Black liking over-rated 70s movies say?

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

That he's at least looking for inspiration from films outside the franchise.

SiL

SiL

And how does that make him a 'real filmmaker'?

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 20, 2017, 05:25:10 PM
QuoteHow are you building franchises?
The franchises we make still need to be original. "Deadpool" was part of a cinematic universe, but it felt unique. We've got a "Predator" film coming out that is unexpected and utterly fresh. I just imagined that it would take 500 hours to read the script — that it would be interior jungle, exterior more jungle and then fighting happens, but Emma [Watts] went out and recruited Shane Black. From the first page, it didn't read like a "Predator" film. It's set in suburbia. There's a little boy and his dad at the center of the action.

http://variety.com/2017/film/features/stacey-snider-21st-century-fox-first-year-1202563799/

She used the suburbia buzzword! *fans everywhere triggered, Shane Black triggered*

Sounds like The Predator will probably just be a mix mash of Ghostbusters and Friday the 13thif you ask me.  The little boy "at the center" is probly the kid that kills the thing in the end too.  The best should we could hope for now is some nudes like in those Friday the 13th movies just to keep it interesting.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

This is starting to sound almost like a PG-13 movie. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Deadmeat on Sep 21, 2017, 09:14:02 AM
This is starting to sound almost like a PG-13 movie. :laugh:

I wouldn't worry about that. Shane Black's made it pretty clear in the past that it's going to be an R.

"And, just to be clear... PG-13 is for pussies. Spines bleed... a lot."

https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/833089045370593281?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

bleau

bleau

A predator film set in suburbia I think is a great location. We had jungle and city already, so this could be cool. The kid thing doesn't bother me. I don't think a kid is going to hunt the predator.   At least I hope not, but we had a kid in Predator 2 briefly. So I think the kid will be a minor character obviously. Probably a marines son or something like that, that will have small parts. :)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The kid is important in the plot, and he's got many scenes in the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed