When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 73,829 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 18, 2017, 06:31:06 AM
I guess towards the end of the year. That's when Ridley's current movie's finished.

From Imdb: All The Money In The World release date: USA 16 November 2017 (AFI Fest) and USA 8 December 2017.

Give or take 1,5 year to make the next Alien movie, brings us to 2019, the supposed release year for Alien: Awakenings
More precise, it's May 2019, which could be possible since Covenant was released in May as well.

Micheal Fassbender has two upcoming projects: The Snowman (post-production) 2017 and  X-Men: Dark Phoenix (filming) 2018.
So it's possible he's available around the time All The Money In The World's finished.
And there's no mention of any other upcoming movies on his Imdb page, which I find a little odd for an actor of his calibre.

So fingers crossed...

Scott is doing The Cartel next.

Baron Von Marlon

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

From an interview with Yahoo a while back apparently. Said that filming would begin in January 2018.

BishopShouldGo

I'm going to get sad when Scott has to say that there is no new Alien film being made. But this is sort of his fault anyway.

Local Trouble

They can just hire Blomkampf to finish the trilogy.

DorkiDori

wasnt it already stated that the studio is allowing Scott one more film to finish up the prequels and then any Alien films from here on out will be 1 shots and things that have nothing to do with the "origins" or "Ripley" story lines?

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 18, 2017, 04:47:25 PM
From an interview with Yahoo a while back apparently. Said that filming would begin in January 2018.

Hmm, nothing on Imdb yet. I'm hoping he said the wrong year.

Quote from: DorkiDori on Sep 18, 2017, 05:53:11 PM
wasnt it already stated that the studio is allowing Scott one more film to finish up the prequels and then any Alien films from here on out will be 1 shots and things that have nothing to do with the "origins" or "Ripley" story lines?

A reporter said that's what he thinks. But there hasn't been anything comfirmed.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: DorkiDori on Sep 18, 2017, 05:53:11 PM

No.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 18, 2017, 06:49:17 PM
Hmm, nothing on Imdb yet. I'm hoping he said the wrong year.

Not likely, I think he was originally planning to do The Cartel before All the Money in the World. He was already location scouting for it in Mexico and Spain end of 2016/beginning 2017. It's ready to go. He could of course still change his mind as he is wont to do. Nothing is set in stone with Sir Riddles.

PsyKore

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 18, 2017, 05:27:32 PM

Good idea. Everyone will be happy then and the movie will make quadruple its money back.

Scorpio

If that's what you choose to believe.

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 18, 2017, 05:27:32 PM

After watching all the shorts he's done I really think he'd do a good job. He's got an amazing eye for special effects and shots. At the very least it would be a creature spectacle with real world building.

I'd worry slightly about the characters, but then....Covenant. 

Ash 937

Ridley Scott isn't good at telling epics.  Alien worked because he had a handful of characters in a small setting.  The movies that he has done that are bigger in scope are never that good.  This is why I always say he'd be perfect to direct a Friday the 13th movie.

Baron Von Marlon

Blomkamp is a bit like Del Toro, they're both decent directors with a proper vision but they're only as good as the script.
Crimson Peak looked great but the story was thin. And his At The Mountains Of Madness script was weak.

You know who'd be great? But probably more for an Engineer movie, Mad Mel Gibson.
He did The Passion Of Christ, Apocalypto and was supposed to do a viking movie. Makes me think he has a certain interest in stuff like that.

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 19, 2017, 04:34:05 AM
Ridley Scott isn't good at telling epics.  Alien worked because he had a handful of characters in a small setting.  The movies that he has done that are bigger in scope are never that good.

I think the Prometheus series would've been a solid epic if they stuck with the original plan.

Ash 937

The Passion of the Christ can already be looked at as prequel to Prometheus if you think about it.

I agree about Mad Mel.

SM

QuoteRidley Scott isn't good at telling epics.

Gladiator won 5 Oscars, 4 BAFTAs and 2 Golden Globes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed