Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 123,252 times)

Corporal Hicks

I've found myself preferring the taller editions put out. I find them easier to read and they're not too big.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: felix on May 08, 2018, 10:06:27 PMI prefer the smaller mass paperbacks myself. They're more compact and take up less space on my shelf.

Yeah, likewise. They're also the same size as the older novels. Unfortunately, my copy of The Cold Forge is the bigger size.

Still, not as frustrating as my copy of Sea of Sorrows, which is the larger size when Out of the Shadows and River of Pain either side of it are small :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

I've got a smaller copy of that to give you next time we see each other.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I hadn't forgotten we were gonna do the swap :)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2018, 07:18:27 AM
I've found myself preferring the taller editions put out. I find them easier to read and they're not too big.

You can change the font size on a Kindle, you know.  8)

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

Any spoilers?

Corporal Hicks

I'd listen to after you've read it.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

oh nice! will give that a listen while I'm doing my walking for the day :)

So, not all the way through the cast yet, but damn this has some good insight. I really appreciated his... digressions of the "payload" and the implications of that and similarities to real-world stuff and how that might explain various aspects of the aliens' biology that the films have kind of handwaved. I also really appreciate the amount of research and due diligence he's done for the book. Good stuff.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

TheDerelict

TheDerelict

Great podcast Hicks.
This is without doubt the best Alien novel ever written. 10 out 10 doesn't seem to do the novel justice. This novel has set the bar to what all other Alien should be in my opinion. When reading this book I felt excitement, intrigue, horror, tension.
Spoiler
If I had a complaint it would be Dorians demise felt a bit....meh. But that's because he is brilliantly written and such a pr*ck that I wanted something truly horrible to happen to him. But that is a minor niggle.
[close]
To Alex White I say bravo.

added spoiler tag. Hicks.

SM

SM

How 'bout them spoilers?

The Cruentus

"Nothing better than throwing a noisemaker at a bunch of unsuspecting humans"  ;D That was funny. Great podcast Hicks, I'm glad that Alex White wanted to get scientific input, I think the Aliens need to be brought down to some plausible level as AVP and Covenant made them over the top. Agree about the Ripley thing too, I think Alien 3 wrapped her story up.

"Hard work, don't know how they did it"  ;D That is because the others stole their info, while you are being original, it is harder to be original, but its much better morally.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on May 10, 2018, 11:19:43 AM
How 'bout them spoilers?

Do I even need to bother reading it now?

Corporal Hicks

Sorry gents. I've added a spoiler tag.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed