Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 116,370 times)

Corporal Hicks

We've got the cover reveal up!

Ultramorph

A step up from some of the other Titan covers, for sure. I can't wait for this book!

426Buddy

I actually wouldnt mind if Titan lost the license, at least i wouldnt have to see anymore of their aweful covers.

Corporal Hicks

I think I can deal with the covers as long as they continue to give me solid stories! As Ultra says, I think this is definitely one of their better covers but I still long to see Tristan Jones or Raymond Swanland or Dave Dorman back on these covers.

TheDerelict

Not bad. I'm really hopping that this book is better than out of the shadows/sea of sorrows/river of pain. I've mentioned it before but they truly were awful. I really want this too be great and the labyrinth thing makes me hopeful.
Is it just me or does the alien have 5 back tube things???

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheDerelict on Dec 21, 2017, 01:27:28 PM
Not bad. I'm really hopping that this book is better than out of the shadows/sea of sorrows/river of pain. I've mentioned it before but they truly were awful.

The Fox mandated inclusions aside (as I thought those were the bits that really served to hurt that particular series), I thought that initial trilogy was all pretty solid. I really enjoyed The Rage War too. Wasn't too fussed on Bug Hunt over all but thoroughly enjoyed If It Bleeds. And currently eager for more!

skhellter

5 Back tubes?

God Awful cover.

felix

felix

I'd prefer that we got more Predator books instead.

Ultramorph

The premise of the book sounds pretty cool. I like that it's set seemingly right after the second and third movies. It should be fun to see the fallout on WY's end.

TheDerelict

Hey Hicks, if you loved those books,more power to you mate. Me personally as long as we don't get aliens that wear breathing apparatus when in space like in the rage war it will be a step in the right direction. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression the alien can survive in the vacuum of space. If it bleeds was fun and I'm definitely ready more too. The recent dead orbit has got me wanting more.

Huggs

Huggs

Not the worst cover I've seen. Is that 5 tubes I see? An odd looking xenomorph, a slight queen's crest too. I dig the name, but not too fond of the whole "spy" idea, it sounds alittle cheesy. Still, as long as it has Aliens doing their thing, I'll read it.

SM

SM

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 21, 2017, 02:13:38 PM
5 Back tubes?

God Awful cover.

I don't care about covers, so the previous ones haven't bothered me.

Those tubes though...  :laugh:  It's not even like one might be a spike.  Two of them look like the same on, just mirrored on Photoshop.

426Buddy

I love me some good original cover art. Don't get me wrong though, the qaulity of the story is far more important.

Unfortunatley its been a long string of terrible covers from titan, the last qaulity cover was on Out of the Shadows.

There is just something to be said for a great book cover imo.

Perfect-Organism

What the truck?!?!

I facepalm at the 5 back tubes.

whiterabbit

So this is what constitutes cover art now days. Did the artist even see Alien?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed