Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 116,063 times)

felix

felix

Found on BNC CataList a new Alien Tie In Book slated April 24th 2018.

Alien: The Cold Forge
https://bnccatalist.ca/ViewTitle.aspx?id=10990860

This is new to me. Anyone know more?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Cool find, but I wouldn't get too excited. That's the same site where we found that Predator book that got canned a while back.

Writer seems to be Alex White:
https://mobile.twitter.com/alexrwhite?lang=en

Searched on Facebook and found a public post from Connor Goldsmith, who seems to be a literary agent:
Spoiler
QuoteThis was announced at DragonCon, but I'm excited to tell you more! Alex White is writing an ALIEN novel for Titan Books.

THE COLD FORGE is about Blue Marsalis, a scientist with ALS who hopes experiments on xenomorphs will lead to a cure. It goes... not well. With test subjects gone rogue and a Weyland-Yutani mercenary sent to kill her, her only defense is a robot she controls remotely with her mind. It's a tense psychological thriller with two compelling, morally complex leads (Blue and the hitman), and I'm very excited about it!
[close]

felix

felix

It's listed on Amazon as well.

Ultramorph

Pre-ordered at warp speed.  :laugh:

Spoiler
Looks like Titan is going back to smaller, more contained stories, which seems best after Covenant cast questions over the overall mythology.
[close]

felix

felix

I would prefer more Predator stories. Or other film properties instead.

Corporal Hicks

We've not released it yet but according to our interview with Bryan, they're doing a novelization for The Predator. Can't recall if that's something we know or not yet.

Thanks for the finds felix and Ultra. Currently frontpaging this up now.

João Almeida.

João Almeida.

??? How can i buy the books???
Thanks.
I'm portuguese.

Corporal Hicks

Amazon is the safest bet.

Vrastal

This one doesnt sound all that interesting. Really didnt like the ragewar series they did. Ill probably pick this one up, but the story sounds out of place

HuDaFuK

Awesome. I like that it sounds a bit more low-key and tense, rather than another action-packed Aliens rip-off.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 14, 2017, 07:26:29 AMWe've not released it yet but according to our interview with Bryan, they're doing a novelization for The Predator.

Sweet!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 14, 2017, 12:35:47 PM
Awesome. I like that it sounds a bit more low-key and tense, rather than another action-packed Aliens rip-off.

Yeah, I'm getting No Exit vibes. That book would have been amazing had it not descended into madness for the last third of the book. Hopefully Cold Forge will avoid that!

HuDaFuK

Still haven't got around to the DH Press books. Haven't even got to buying the Rage War yet lol.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 14, 2017, 01:03:23 PM
Still haven't got around to the DH Press books. Haven't even got to buying the Rage War yet lol.

What kind of Wikia editor are you?!

HuDaFuK

Hey, until you done finished my copy of Predator 2, you can shert the ferk erp.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 14, 2017, 01:53:53 PM
Hey, until you done finished my copy of Predator 2, you can shert the ferk erp.

:laugh: No comment.

Been having a couple of exchanges with Alex on Twitter. He says if you like Labryinth, you'll like Cold Forge!

QuoteIf you liked Labyrinth, this will definitely appeal.

https://twitter.com/alexrwhite/status/908324204998647809

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed