New interview with Randy Pitchford

Started by Darkness, Sep 12, 2017, 07:02:24 PM

Author
New interview with Randy Pitchford (Read 51,999 times)

Toxic34

Toxic34

Gearbox has done some very good things. Brothers in Arms and Borderlands are wonderful series, and I very much look forward to something new in both series. I actually liked Duke Nukem Forever, but I can definitely agree that it doesn't hold a candle to Duke 3D. The DLC definitely added a lot more fun to it all. At least it is clear to Randy that "we have to do something really special with Duke these days in order to succeed." I hope very much that Duke has quite a long life ahead of him still, and want more ass-kicking action.

But it is clear that Randy refuses to accept any responsibility for what happened with ACM. The fact that such a plot hole-ridden, poorly acted, horribly designed game could be released to the public, and there was no sign of any kind of internal QA is beyond reprehensible. Sega should've pulled the game away from Gearbox and given it to another studio, and simply delayed everything. It might seem like a "pulling a Bethesda" at this moment, but this particular game needed that more than anything.

windebieste

Quote from: Toxic34 on Jan 01, 2018, 10:14:58 PM"we have to do something really special with Duke these days in order to succeed."

Release mod tools.

-Windebieste.

N-Shifter

It's the only time I've ever took the stance of "I will NEVER buy or play anything connected with this company ever again" - that's how burnt I was/am over Colonial Marines, the blatant lies this man told, the hype HE generated during conventions and his voice over during the demonstrations ensuring the quality of the game and how much of a fan they all were of the franchise - it's sickening.

windebieste

I haven't bought a Gearbox game since. 

-Windebieste.

razeak

razeak

Never again Gearbox.

Chris!(($$))!

It still bothers me to this day as well. There is so much potential in the IP and it just keeps get shat on.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

There was a lot of good stuff in the game like the Smartgun moving with the targets, the look of the marines and the pulse rifle sounds, the motion tracker mechanic (probably my favorite thing).

The E3 demo did set up a lot of expectations as far as graphics went, but I think one of the biggest things was that not a single mission in the actual game captured the feel of that demo. The intensity and desperation from the demo were no where in the final product, not even in the mission that was "kinda sorta" based on the demo.

Mod tools definitely could have played a part in saving this though. The overhaul mod does a good job, but there was only so much it could do

Jarac

Jarac

Still pissed and still haven't bought a Gearbox game since. Not even the Homeworld remakes.

Apollo

Apollo

If what he says has any truth to it fair enough , its not the first time Sega have rushed a game out and its been a complete unfinished mess (Sonic 06).
It still doesn't excuse the underhanded blatantly false advertisement and marketing of the game.
One thing I did have fun with was the multiplayer , that at least was a giggle.

Wweyland

I agree that Gearbox deserves the hate and people should be careful about their games in the future.
I don't think Randy and his family deserved to get death threats about this, however.

SM

SM

Nobody deserves that.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

However, I'd say he DOES deserve to be on this list:

https://www.theonion.com/who-needs-a-good-cock-punching-1819587106

Given the date it was published, it's amazing how prescient #4 and #5 were.

SM

SM

Ooooh, that Larry... >:(

Local Trouble

SM

SM

He getting more than his cock punched.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed