New interview with Randy Pitchford

Started by Darkness, Sep 12, 2017, 07:02:24 PM

Author
New interview with Randy Pitchford (Read 51,619 times)

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 17, 2018, 02:02:07 PM
Perhaps you'll change your mind if you play it even more.

The most fun part of it was the multiplayer and that is almost as dead as Pitchford's integrity. Playing it more is barely an option.

Xenomrph

Why would I?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 17, 2018, 09:50:50 PM

The most fun part of it was the multiplayer and that is almost as dead as Pitchford's integrity. Playing it more is barely an option.

Multiplayer was actually surprisingly fun! I'm hoping to be able to get some folk together to play on AlienDay.

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2018, 06:05:42 AM

Multiplayer was actually surprisingly fun! I'm hoping to be able to get some folk together to play on AlienDay.

If you got friends online then yeah by inviting you can create a match. But you can't find many matches on your own at this point on the consoles and the steam's matchmaking system have always been broken. So the only option is inviting or joining others.

Local Trouble

Have you forgiven him yet?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 19, 2018, 02:52:15 PM

Have you forgiven him yet?

At this point yeah, what happened is over and I stopped caring, its been like 4 years? Actually I was able to enjoy both the campaign and the multiplayer a lot, of course having extremely low expectations after watching the backlash alien fans and gamers in general had of A:CM kind of helped it. So I prefer having A:CM as it is than nothing at all.

The issue like Xenomrph said was "Pitchford's garbage attitude and shitty business practices", he did lie on purpose to the fans. The issue is that this is not that uncommon in the gaming industry, showing up better graphics and footage that is not even on the final game in demos already happened in many games, like even Halo 2. But yes, maybe A:CM took it to a whole new level. The gaming industry lies a lot, their trailers and E3 demos are made only to convince people to pre-order games, that should be considered false advertising when it's clear that the final product is nothing like what was previously shown.

It's just about money, lying just sells, the greed is also shown in the microtransactions, which at this point is becoming a joke and already started a backlash against the industry, plus now we have to issue of people using games as their political platforms.

So it's not only Pitchford, Gearbox is just one of the many companies with shitty business practices in this industry. Sure I'm will never pay for a Gearbox game ever again or never pre-order anything and only buy stuff on steam summer sales so I only spent as little money as possible in this industry, but the issue is much bigger than just this case with A:CM, so for me next to the grand scheme of things there is stuff that deserves much more attenction than this guy.

skull-splitter

All that is very true, partly, but Randy took it to a new level entirely. From getting Kodak color grading, which looked spectacular on older screenshot to lower res textures with unimaginative lighting for instance. How proud they were to have this franchise, only to lose control over the first Borderlands and shift all development to various studio's and thus not even supervising anymore. Sega being pushy? It bought Gearbox a full year by ramming out AvP instead, which could've been so much more if given some more time.

So forgive him over shit years ago? Not likely.

Local Trouble

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 25, 2018, 09:36:05 AM
So forgive him over shit years ago? Not likely.

I wonder if Xenomrph finally has.

skull-splitter

Probably not.
Nice to have people with standards.

Samhain13

Samhain13

TheTemplargfx ACM overhaul mod was able to do some damage control and make the game feel a lot better.

Sure it's not the fans's job to clean up Randy's mess but damm that mod looked great and the aliens were hard as hell.

Plus knowing that a gaming company was outclassed by a random modder on the internet will continue to make me laugh forever.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 15, 2018, 03:46:49 PM
The demos looking better than the final product is pretty much where a huge chunk of the controversy stemmed from.

It was indeed. This game still gets my inner Godfather riled up.

"But when it comes to an Alien game, I am a superstitious man. And if some terrible calamity should befall it? If it should suffer delays, or be handed off to some other developer...if it is advertised with deception and released without being properly completed, or if the final product does not match or exceed the promised quality, then I am going to blame some of the people involved with its development. And all this, this I do not forgive".

It was a horribly written and glitchy mess, with bad gameplay mechanics. It was just so unnecessary. The total war guys made Isolation. How hard should it have been for gearbox to make another fps?

Wweyland

So what is Randy working on these days?

aliens13

Quote from: Wweyland on May 26, 2018, 09:34:25 PM
Hopefully, Brothers in Arms 4.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Weyland on May 26, 2018, 09:34:25 PM

Hopefully falling down the stairs and snapping his neck. The cheat and liar.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on May 27, 2018, 01:53:36 AM
Quote from: Weyland on May 26, 2018, 09:34:25 PM

Hopefully falling down the stairs and snapping his neck. The cheat and liar.

No offense meant here, but I think "a fishing trawler" would've been a more "just" fate, and somewhat less distasteful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed