From Script to Screen: Alien vs. Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 30, 2017, 10:37:15 AM

Author
From Script to Screen: Alien vs. Predator (Read 7,118 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Aug 31, 2017, 08:49:08 AM
(Also there's a typo in Lo Lha Ice Fall.  It should be Lho La.  Lho, Lho, Lho, Lho, Lho La.)

Thanks, I've amended that. Also messaged Marc. Will see if we can get anywhere with that.

Iron Infililtrator

Quote from: SM on Aug 31, 2017, 08:49:08 AM
(Also there's a typo in Lo Lha Ice Fall.  It should be Lho La.  Lho, Lho, Lho, Lho, Lho La.)
::)

Good work once again sil, it was a really fantastic read. It's such a shame that AvP couldn't be what it should have been.

Corporal Hicks

Marc has agreed to answer some questions after he's finished the project he's currently on (end of September) so any specifics we wanna know about, send 'em over!

HuDaFuK

Finally getting around to reading this. Nice to see someone doing some detailed work on one of the films that typically gets overlooked in that regard!

Corporal Hicks

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/marc-cerasini/

Turned it into a bit of a bigger Q&A but Marc did provide some great detail.

Corporal Hicks

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/avp-movies/avp-movie/from-script-to-screen/

The article has been updated as of April 15th 2020 with further details following an interview with the novelization author and the posting of script breakdown.

Thanks as always to SiL for his hard work on this one.

SiL

SiL

It was great getting to confirm some of the stuff from the novel as well as uncover the Verheiden subplot, which wasn't even in the book. The only existing mention was the AICN article from 2003.

All of the five Predator stuff is in there now it's been substantiated by the script breakdown.

HuDaFuK

I'll have to give that another read.

SiL

Let me know what you think! I also changed the tone to be a bit more impartial. It's about 50% longer than it was.

SM

Interesting about Miller's abduction(s).  Even in the film it's confused - he sees an Alien, it runs at him then the next shot all we see are his legs kicking as he's taken from above.  ???

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2020, 08:42:18 AMLet me know what you think! I also changed the tone to be a bit more impartial. It's about 50% longer than it was.

Will do! Love stuff like this.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2020, 08:53:51 AM
Interesting about Miller's abduction(s).  Even in the film it's confused - he sees an Alien, it runs at him then the next shot all we see are his legs kicking as he's taken from above.  ???
The legs kicking are from I think Conner or Verheiden, and just thrown in to have him get abducted there and then rather than later. The invisible power of editing! :D

SM

SM

I did wonder if it was from another character, but they all wear the same pants.  It helps that everything happens in that triangular corridor though.  Paulie pulled a Ridley with Lambert/ Brett.

SiL

Almost all of the Alien face closeups are just shot against a black screen to boot.

HuDaFuK

Read though it again. Good piece! Although if I'm honest, it was so long ago that I last read it I really couldn't tell what had been changed :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed