Names of stunt characters

Started by elsiniestro, Aug 25, 2017, 12:38:22 AM

Author
Names of stunt characters (Read 704 times)

elsiniestro

elsiniestro

Being a bit of a completionist, I'm desperately trying to confirm the names of the two mechanics played by Matthew Burgess and James Embree (that is, the two not identified as "Barnes" or "Wallace").

I've actually contacted Embree himself, but he doesn't remember his character having a name. One of the wikis out there lists Matthew Burgesss character (the first mechanic Fifield kills) as "Ray" -- this was the name of one of the mercenaries in the original "Alien: Engineers" script so I'm intrigued by this.

Also, I know the Weyland-Yutani guide lists Weyland's mysterious nurse as "Entragian", but I would really like to know the name of the actor/extra playing him. Anybody worked that out?

SM

SM

Short answer - don't know.

This caused some consternation while working on the WY Report in terms of who should be included in the seventeen crew mentioned on screen.  Should it include Weyland, should it include David.  I thin kwe settled on it includes David but not Weyland.  But then you have eighteen cast members (including David).  Couple this with the editing changes around the Fifield scene and unknown people heard over radios, it's all a bit messy.

In regards to Entragian - SD said he was Weyland's personal physician, however he's not present in the scene where Jackson and David are attending to him.  I wrote a bit more about him for some unreleased (and may never be released) stuff for Fox that said he was reviewing the quarantine protocols in the hangar bay following the death of Dr Holloway, and it was he who first confronted Fifield.  Which would make him Matthew Burgess.  But take that with as much salt as you wish.

elsiniestro

elsiniestro

Interesting take. You wrote? Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean?

I actually thought that was Entragian in the medical smock assisting Weyland with David. I didn't recognise it as Jackson... of course I could be wrong.

SM

SM

Yeah it's Jackson and David assisting Weyland after he wakes up.

QuoteYou wrote? Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean?

An Alien project with Fox.  Not sure if or when it will surface.

elsiniestro

elsiniestro

So from the IMDB cast list and from lines/costumes in the film, we know this much is certain.

Noomi Rapace - Elizabeth Shaw
Michael Fassbender - David
Charlize Theron - Meredith Vickers
Idris Elba - Janek
Guy Pearce - Peter Weyland
Logan Marshall-Green - Charlie Holloway
Sean Harris - Fifield
Rafe Spall - Millburn
Emun Elliott - Chance
Benedict Wong - Ravel
Kate Dickie - Ford

Branwell Donaghey - Mercenary 1 (Jackson)
Vladimir 'Furdo' Furdik - Mercenary 2 (Vladimir)
C.C. Smiff - Mercenary 3 (Sheppard)
Shane Steyn - Mercenary 4 (Taplow)

James Embree - Mechanic 1 (???)
Florian Robin - Mechanic 2 (???)
Matthew Burgess - Mechanic 3 (???)
Eugene O'Hare - Mechanic 4 (Wallace)

The "Prometheus Wiki" and "Weyland Wiki" sites identify Mechanic 2 as "Barnes", and Mechanic 3 as "Ray".

Not sure how they confirmed whether Barnes was Embree's or Robin's character (process of elimination however rules out Burgess).

Also not sure where they got the name Ray from, although there was a mercenary by that name in the "Alien: Engineers" script.

I assume SD picked "Entragian" at random, which is fine, but I wish she'd been more decisive and paid more attention to detail, because she could have easily have clarified that Entragian was Burgess and at the same time picked a name for the other mystery mechanic.

SM

SM

The crew makeup beyond the named crew is a bit of a mess in Prometheus.  Not unlike Alien 3.

elsiniestro

elsiniestro

At least in Alien 3 we have a definitive list of 22 prisoners and 3 custodians, and all their names. Ah well.

SM

SM

Yeah problem in Alien 3 is Andrews says there's 25 prisoners.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed