Joker Origin

Started by ace3g, Aug 22, 2017, 11:10:46 PM

Author
Joker Origin (Read 54,699 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yeah see, thing is the Marvel film is usually good though by itself, (usually altering the stories but maintaining the purpose of the story it's a adaptation of) it doesn't mean anything if you succeed as a faithful adaptation but completely fail as a film. DCCU up until fairly recently for instance.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Jul 08, 2019, 08:14:06 PM
Voodoo mark the date, I'm calling it now, The Joker will feature a scene where Joaquin yells, 'Noooooooooo!!'

Consider it marked!

Wait, what was I marking?

;)

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 08, 2019, 08:18:45 PM
Yeah see, thing is the Marvel film is usually good though by itself, (usually altering the stories but maintaining the purpose of the story it's a adaptation of) it doesn't mean anything if you succeed as a faithful adaptation but completely fail as a film. DCCU up until fairly recently for instance.

Yeah, I don't think most is so rigid they are demanding a complete faithful rendition. But Mandarin is proof they do have their limits.

Of course, being a good film does wonders to calm the dissent.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 08, 2019, 08:21:17 PM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Jul 08, 2019, 08:14:06 PM
Voodoo mark the date, I'm calling it now, The Joker will feature a scene where Joaquin yells, 'Noooooooooo!!'

Consider it marked!

https://media.giphy.com/media/2tQq8DVu0ARxGaXMhL/giphy.gif

Wait, what was I marking?

;)

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 08, 2019, 08:18:45 PM

Yeah, I don't think most is so rigid they are demanding a complete faithful rendition. But Mandarin is proof they do have their limits.

Of course, being a good film does wonders to calm the dissent.

No matter what they do, there will always be the 'too cool for the room' cockwombles who will post edgy complaints

The Old One

The Old One

I only care if it's a good film by itself, and faithful to the character's essence, case in point;
Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is faithful to the comic-book source origin through unsubtle exposition but
Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman is far superior because while it's strayed from the minute of the origin- it's interpretation is faithful to the character's nature (using society's sexualisation of girls and pushing them into the background as a weapon, Returns does it through the character starting as a secretary, conversation and the cinematography) and it's layered as the graphic novel counterpart is.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Don't concern yourself about the edge™
Last Son of Krypton.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 08, 2019, 08:30:41 PM
I only care if it's a good film by itself, and faithful to the character's essence, case in point;
Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is faithful to the comic-book source origin through unsubtle exposition but
Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman is far superior because while it's strayed from the minute of the origin- it's interpretation is faithful to the character's nature (using society's sexualisation of girls and pushing them into the background as a weapon, Returns does it through the character starting as a secretary, conversation and the cinematography) and it's layered as the graphic novel counterpart is.

And Halle Berry's Catwoman?

The Shining is a good example. Being a good film shields it from die-hard Stephen King fan dissent, as well as dissent from Stephen King himself.

There's some sort of mathetical equation in all of this: The more you stray from the source material the better your film needs to be!

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

HQ Photos:

ace3g

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

As much as they keep showing us that staircase, I'm expecting it to be a main character.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

;D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 04, 2019, 10:04:25 PM
As much as they keep showing us that staircase, I'm expecting it to be a main character.

Isn't that the same one from MW3?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 08, 2019, 09:14:50 PM
There's some sort of mathetical equation in all of this: The more you stray from the source material the better your film needs to be!
that needs to be there regardless... '19 Hellboy was poorly received despite being pretty faithful to the source material (moreso than the del toro version)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Hellboy 2019 is no more faithful than the first GDT film to me... only horrible. Any perceived 'faithfulness' in the reboot is window dressing at best.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed