Jurassic World Evolution

Started by Alien³, Aug 22, 2017, 12:04:41 PM

Author
Jurassic World Evolution (Read 8,986 times)

D88M

D88M

I really, REALLY hope that this game brings a "Island" mode like in Operation Genesis, with more than 100 dinosaurs, and the game tech way more advanced, we could create our own ecosystems and just do not intervene and see the dinosaurs be themselves as if we were watching a documentary, that is the main thing i expect from this game.

Edit: oh, and please, PLEASE, no "you can only dig X amount of dinosaurs and if you dig X dinosaur from X zone you cannot dig Y dinosaur from Z zone" bullshit that was a design flaw in Operation Genesis.

Vertigo

Vertigo

The dig site stuff (and most of the other hard limits in Operation Genesis) is easily moddable, all you need is Notepad. That's one of the great things about the game, you can change a lot with zero expertise and negligible effort.

Razz

Razz

10 Goldblums out of a possible 10 Goldblums.  :)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

GUYS check out this new trailer!

And as someone famously said in the comment section

"The tornados are back? God help us."  :laugh:

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I'm not usually into these kinds of games but this looks pretty good so far

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Predboy on Feb 11, 2018, 08:43:41 PM
I remember spending more time in JPOG releasing my dinos on those sad saps that dared to visit my death park. Mwuahaha

I did the same thing  :laugh: I also pitted T-Rex against Spinosaurus a few times to get the correct result.

newbeing

newbeing

I'm incredibly excited for this game as I loved Operation Genesis when it came out. My biggest problem with JPOG though was that it was too easy. Even with minimum security fences the dinos rarely tried to escape unless you purposefully neglected them. Hopefully with this game will be more challenging.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 03, 2018, 01:03:24 PM
I did the same thing  :laugh: I also pitted T-Rex against Spinosaurus a few times to get the correct result.
Ah yes, I did the same. I would reset those fights until I saw the T.Rex break the Spino's neck.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

SPINOSAURUS BABYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Predboy

Predboy

Oh hell yeah. I was afraid they might not have included it because I didn't hear any word on it yet. Spino is awesome.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

The detail that the developers are putting in this game is commendable, as not only they can have scars after battle, but also age as well!

I'm honestly really excited for this game!

Gate

Gate

Oh lawdy. March 10 2003 marked 15 years since JPOG's release. You know what's sad? It took them 15 years to finally break the game's source code to mod it  :D. By the time we figured out how to import animations and models, the damn game's outdone by Frontier's new project.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Gate on May 17, 2018, 10:26:46 AM
Oh lawdy. March 10 2003 marked 15 years since JPOG's release. You know what's sad? It took them 15 years to finally break the game's source code to mod it  :D. By the time we figured out how to import animations and models, the damn game's outdone by Frontier's new project.
I can't wait to see what the mod community of the JP Fandom can do with Evolution. They done great work with just OG in the past few years and seeing how this game will be, fans can always take it beyond the stars....assuming that its mod friendly of course.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Low-level modding in Operation Genesis was unusually easy - you could edit the basic properties of the buildings, techs, dinosaurs and some general stats literally just using Notepad. So if you thought you should be allowed to build more paths, or if a particular research should take less time, or if you wanted to unlock all the excavation sites, you could do that with near-zero expertise and minimal work.

There was a little precedent for that at the time (Total War being a good example), but that sort of thing doesn't tend to happen nowadays. Hell, any degree of modability has become rare, due to a combination of the industry's focus on consoles over the last decade and a bit, the trend for paid DLC, and the fact that AAA games from Unreal Engine 3 onwards are so ludicrously complex that dev teams can't spare the time and money to open the game up to the community.

I'll be surprised if Evolution has capability for modding, whether by using accessible data formats or by shipping actual mod tools. But very pleasantly so.

Edit: just had a google and apparently it won't support mods at launch, although they don't rule it out for the future. Prehistoric Kingdom will though.

Edit 2: just realised I'd already said most of this stuff in a post from 3 months ago. I really need a better memory.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

The last dino profile video they be doing and it ends on a high note: the Indominus herself

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed