Predator's Sonny Landham Dies Age 76

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 18, 2017, 11:16:34 PM

Author
Predator's Sonny Landham Dies Age 76 (Read 15,000 times)

Corporal Hicks

It is with great sorrow that we have to report the death of another actor on this website. The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Predator’s Sonny Landham died Thursday due to congestive heart failure.

“Landham’s sister, Dawn Boehler, said the actor died from congestive heart failure Thursday at a Lexington, Kentucky, hospital. Landham was a brawny, deep-voiced actor and stunt man who played a bit part in Walter Hill’s 1979 street-gang thriller The Warriors before the director cast him as the trigger-happy criminal Billy Bear in 1982’s48 Hrs.”

Sonny is known to us as the actor who portrayed Billy in Predator. He also worked with Alien alumni Walter Hill on The Warriors. In addition to acting, like his fellow Predator actors Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jesse Ventura, Sonny Landham also ventured into politics.

Due to health complications, Sonny had both of his legs amputated and had become wheelchair bound. Some footage of Sonny earlier this year has been shared recently on social media.

Sonny is is survived by his son and daughter, William and Priscilla.

Jekku

Terrible news!  May he rest in peace!  Thanks for the great memories!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm really sick of seeing this kind of news this year.  :'(

http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/2013/3/7/exclusive-interview-sonny-landham-billy-gets-the-last-laugh.html

Here's a relatively recent interview with Sonny about his time on Predator.

XENOMORPHOSIS

RIP Sonny

Cellien

Sad. :(

Richman678

Sad to see this. He was an absolute badass in Predator.

Alionic

Well shit.

Slid3r

Slid3r

Great performance in Predator. RIP Sonny.

Gridseeker

RIP Billy :(

whiterabbit

Man I loved him in Predator as Billy. RIP

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

R.I.P. Sonny.  :'(

He also was one of the Cajun pursuers in the 1981 film "Southern Comfort" (he had a moustache there)... an awesome survival thriller...

NeoXenoPred

RIP Sonny. May he rest in peace  :'(

Darkness

R.I.P Billy. He was such a great character in Predator.

felix

felix

RIP Sonny. You will be dearly missed,

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed