AvPGalaxy Exclusive - Early John Logan Alien: Covenant Script!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 15, 2017, 09:19:06 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive - Early John Logan Alien: Covenant Script! (Read 66,353 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

The film in my opinion had way to many plot holes , as I said it was basically forcing the viewer to forget everything that had gone before , and that the beast was just the work of rebellious android named David . It's just stupid . Also avp doesn't even come into this , as it was a creature feature and had no roots or connections to the true alien franchise . And like I said there was no gigerism in the film and that to me is infuriating.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Mar 07, 2018, 09:05:22 PM
The film in my opinion had way to many plot holes , as I said it was basically forcing the viewer to forget everything that had gone before , and that the beast was just the work of rebellious android named David . It's just stupid . Also avp doesn't even come into this , as it was a creature feature and had no roots or connections to the true alien franchise . And like I said there was no gigerism in the film and that to me is infuriating.
It has holes, but it isn't exactly the worst we could have gotten. It's disapointing, they could have done better. But the Giger estate isn't pleased with 21st Century Fox. They can hardly reference their work anymore because of the fight on Alien 3 and Alien: R and the subsequent AVP movies.

Immortan Jonesy

Many thanks for sharing this! I'll take a look later  :)

SM

Read the prologue.

Mixed feelings about Shaw getting bumped off 10 minutes in.  On the one hand it seemed a bit cheap.  On the other, it would've been a massive curveball for the audience.

It would've given David away too early as well.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: SM on Mar 08, 2018, 01:28:30 AM
Read the prologue.

Mixed feelings about Shaw getting bumped off 10 minutes in.  On the one hand it seemed a bit cheap.  On the other, it would've been a massive curveball for the audience.

It would've given David away too early as well.

Also in hints they were intimate? Does David come fully installed?

SM

I read affection in the face of loneliness in that, rather than sexual intercourse.

Oh, and David being a grammar nazi after he kills Shaw was a nice touch.  ;D

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

I could imagine Alien 3 all over again, only Alien 3 didn't have Ripley and Newt have a 15 minutes to get character development before everything exploded. People would have flung popcorn at the screen and started hollering the moment it went from heartfelt journey between two hurt souls to the world with the answers, they arrive, beautiful awe inspiring planet surrounded by ships that dwarf their own on a docking rig. Observing Engineer society as the ship's floor becomes transparent. Shaw saying something along the lines of "It's beautiful" and a tear goes down her face. David says "I like it when you cry" and snaps her neck, deploys the bombs, everything dies. Cut to entirely new characters.

That would have been about 100 times worse than Alien 3. I don't know how bad the reaction would have been, but I could only imagine  :laugh:

PsyKore

Loved the prologue. I'd probably cut before David kills her though, and then continue from that point later in the film in David's flasback sequence

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 07, 2018, 03:06:45 AM
I'm still not sure what kind of fate I actually wanted for Shaw.
Personally, I think it would've been nice to see David and her explore the planet for a while.
David could've bombed the place, woke her up after a few days and said it was like that when they arrived.
And Shaw and David's conversations could be used to deliver us some Engineer info.
After that she ends up in her lab or something. Or becomes a prisoner?

Maybe she was held prisoner by David, gets saved by Walter, they bound, Daniels dies, Shaw ends in cryo thinking she finally escaped her captor then David reveals himself.

I really like this idea too.

NetworkATTH

We need a sitcom in the Alien universe about a bougie family who owns a David 8 before the recall, who cannot stop saying creepy shit like "I like it when you cry", "Oh is that a teddy bear, why do you adore something with nothing to give to you, but not me?" "I don't understand why you two are fighting, clearly you need a divorce, you hate each other, sometimes to create one must first destroy" *david proceeds to draw himself f**king this guy's wife*

Call it Everyone hates David

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 08, 2018, 02:09:31 AM
I could imagine Alien 3 all over again, only Alien 3 didn't have Ripley and Newt have a 15 minutes to get character development before everything exploded. People would have flung popcorn at the screen and started hollering the moment it went from heartfelt journey between two hurt souls to the world with the answers, they arrive, beautiful awe inspiring planet surrounded by ships that dwarf their own on a docking rig. Observing Engineer society as the ship's floor becomes transparent. Shaw saying something along the lines of "It's beautiful" and a tear goes down her face. David says "I like it when you cry" and snaps her neck, deploys the bombs, everything dies. Cut to entirely new characters.

That would have been about 100 times worse than Alien 3. I don't know how bad the reaction would have been, but I could only imagine  :laugh:

That's exactly what I thought when I read that. I would had been one of them throwing my popcorn at the screen. We got Alien 3 all over again, though at least it was somewhat subtle than the slap on the face that would had if it was left.

Ironically, at least they should had released the entire sequence in the blu ray.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: 0321recon on Mar 08, 2018, 03:13:08 AM
Though, they should had at least released the entire sequence in the blu ray.

You could always tag along on the ol' surpise visit to Scott Free Productions  ;D

0321recon

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 08, 2018, 04:19:54 AM
Quote from: 0321recon on Mar 08, 2018, 03:13:08 AM
Though, they should had at least released the entire sequence in the blu ray.

You could always tag along on the ol' surpise visit to Scott Free Productions  ;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;D

Alien fan

Thanks AvPGalaxy! Now we need those 2013-2014 drafts by Jack Paglen or Michael Green to get full picture of what has happened to this project.

Still Collating...

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 08, 2018, 02:21:13 AM
We need a sitcom in the Alien universe about a bougie family who owns a David 8 before the recall, who cannot stop saying creepy shit like "I like it when you cry", "Oh is that a teddy bear, why do you adore something with nothing to give to you, but not me?" "I don't understand why you two are fighting, clearly you need a divorce, you hate each other, sometimes to create one must first destroy" *david proceeds to draw himself f**king this guy's wife*

Call it Everyone hates David

Lol  :laugh: A part of me really wants this.

sleepyone

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 07, 2018, 08:50:27 PM
That's an image they should have kept. There's a lack of surprise that broke my suspension of disbelief in the movie that they weren't scared shitless a bio mechanical space ship was just there. It still somewhat remains in the ship, but the shock of seeing such a macabre tapestry of bodies trying to get to the Engineer ship before all of them met their gruesome off screen fate we can only speculate on.

That needed to remain. Why the hell did they omit that from the shooting script? It's a hell of an image that gives depth to the impact of what happened that the audience is there with the characters. Freaked the f**k out about a giant alien ship with one end of the hill surrounded by almost a battlefield of hundreds of dead engineers in various states of decomposition or worse. Also black urns surrounding them. It's a really sudden shocking shot that would have been appropriate instead of "huh, guess there's an alien space ship. ain't that something."

This is more Alien in its ominousness and implication that isn't in David's Art like in the final.

There's bad ideas in this script, and also, really rich imagery that implies the depth of what the f**k they got themselves into that's appropriately met with fright and unnerve.

In fact there are "Hundreds and Thousands" of these corpses in Engineer suits. Various states of decay. Surrounding the backside and hills around the ship. Apparently not to pleased this Juggernaut deployed its payload. Why they omitted that, I have no idea. It certainly gives scale to the atrocity.

The entire Expedition Team is gathered. All are shocked.

SERGEANT LOPE
Looks like they had a war of some kind.

WALTER
It seems they lost that war.

WALTER crouches near one body, seeing the BONES are damaged
in OTHER WAYS. PITTED, IRREGULAR HOLES. EATEN AWAY in places. Broken in others. Ripped apart.

And the many SHATTERED BLACK URNS spilled out in the scree below.

It's a graveyard.

GRIFFIN
(to Oram)
Sir, your Chief Terraformist
officially recommends we evacuate this planet immediately.

Griffin is Daniels in this script. I cannot believe they cut this out.

The final is superior, no doubt. But they needed to keep this scene early on to establish they had seriously f**ked up beyond their worst nightmares coming here.

The film needed this image badly, instead of just casually reacting to a f**king alien spaceship. They should be freaked, if not by the ship, but the ocean of bodies. I mean I just can't believe they omitted that. The film needed that so badly at that point. A sudden realization "Well, we f**ked up." beyond the blood bursters. Those just being the icing on the cake of a gigantic "Oops"

I think you got it right. I don't particularly like the idea of the engineer corpses right next to the ship, BUT, the film would have been entirely different if it would have went for freaking the characters and the audience as the overall mood for everything. Unease, where the f did we end up, let's get out, this is so alien and scary, that type of mood. They could have even done with the final script untouched, I guess it was a directorial error

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed