AvPGalaxy Exclusive - Early John Logan Alien: Covenant Script!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 15, 2017, 09:19:06 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive - Early John Logan Alien: Covenant Script! (Read 65,464 times)

FenGiddel

oduodu

oduodu

Thanks Corporal

239 light years from earth

Some distance further than lv 426 and lv 223

I take upon arrival a lot if terraforming was to happen . Perhaps a lot of the crew would remain in stasis until proper terraforming was complete.

Feels a lot like the start to Aliens.

0321recon

0321recon

Besides expanding of the shield in paradise, I prefer what we saw in the final cut. Hope other scripts are floating around with the deleted Shaw sequences.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2017, 09:19:06 AM
Alien vs. Predator Galaxy can exclusively share with you all one of John Logan's earlier Alien: Covenant scripts.

Did Fox give it to you guys? Considering the timing and all.

Corporal Hicks

I'll have to let Jeff Winger do the talking for me on this one...

shawsbaby

Just finished reading this and, I have to say, I think the finished film fared better. Definite pacing and dialogue improvements in the filmed product.

Quote from: 0321recon on Aug 15, 2017, 02:27:56 PM
Besides expanding of the shield in paradise, I prefer what we saw in the final cut. Hope other scripts are floating around with the deleted Shaw sequences.
Agreed!

Scott

I really missed some more david - shaw elements, it's just a big mystery what happened (other than that he killed her). I mean shaw was the one of the main character in P.

Baron Von Marlon

joylit

joylit

Exactly. I have the feeling Logan didn't try hard enough. He writes like someone who is convinced he is involved in a "minor" genre film, and saves his best chops for "serious" projects. He should know that we take this stuff very seriously, and there are very well written, Oscar nominated adult sci-fi scripts as well, in case he has't seen "Arrival" or Ex Machina". I feel like awarding "Alien Covenant" a couple extra points for trying so hard and not becoming an even worse movie. Honestly, poor Ridley Scott.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, he turned off his serious chops. He didn't mean to, and didn't do it maliciously. He accidentally ratted himself out when he said he wanted "to make a fun rollercoaster horror movie". And the movie wasn't even fun!

Oh brother, John. Go rub The Aviator and The Last Samurai DVDs all over your body. Serious movies, serious genres!

0321recon

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 15, 2017, 06:25:22 PM
Oh brother, John. Go rub The Aviator and The Last Samurai DVDs all over your body. Serious movies, serious genres!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The image is priceless.

sleepyone

Thanks for sharing this.
I have to agree pacing is better in the final film. What is good about this script version is that it sheds enough light on some topics, at least it let us in the head of the writers and Ridley in regards of what is happening in planet4.

This was the most interesting part to me, David commenting on the dead facehugger:
QuoteDavid carefully stretches open the dead fingers, spreading
the beast for Oram to observe the horrible maw.
DAVID
This one's a true survivor. Not
unlike myself I suppose ... It can
evolve very quickly under certain
circumstances. Sadly, this one
became aggressive so I had to do
away with it. Such a shame.

The "survivor" part seems to indicate that the eggs were stored somewhere by the engineers, and that the specimen had survived the bombing and whatever happened to planet 4 during the 4 days disaster (mentioned by David earlier in the script), until David found it, had to kill it, then studied how the engineers created it and took it from there.

I don't know how to feel now. Sure, some of these comments by David create more mystery, cause further info is shared but no conclusive answers are given. However, the answers seem to point to rather unsatisfying concepts, like all xxx-morph creatures being just parasites or engineered biological weapons.
No nightmarish conceptions, unknown origins, sex machines deviations, no giger. :(

Baron Von Marlon

Observations and things I like:

-There's an artificial forcefield around the planet. Probably why David didn't leave because here he
mentions intact ships.
-The walking part after David rescues the crew seems longer as they describe more of the city.
-David's attack on the city is a little different. He drops urns of goo, they break and then it starts.
The attack is described more in detail. So this scene was also meant to be longer.
-More info about Engineer technology.
They were highly advanced in some ways, but still so limited.
Spacefaring for a billion years -- yet binary logic never occurred to them.
Many things about them were primitive.
-More about how David looks down on mankind.
-The crew is more suspicious of David. Also more mentions about his behaviour.
-Daniels appears less "weak". It reads like she would look different.
-The garden scene is more detailed. The garden itself is described as something beautiful full of trees and flowers.
Appears a lot bigger.
-David talks more about life and creation
-David's rooms are different. No mention of a small study or the flutes.
The lab doesn't have drawings, it contains specimens, some dissected, some in jars,...
The egg room is around a corner.
The drawings are in a seperate gallery that has a secret room dedicated to his work on Shaw.
We also see David drawing.
-The first egg-facehugger scene is better and makes more sense.
And so does the second scene.

I think all this would've improved the final result.
But the fruit tasting scene isn't as strong as the flute teaching moment. A combination might have been the best.

Tonyhartmorph

"Yeah, he turned off his serious chops. He didn't mean to, and didn't do it maliciously. He accidentally ratted himself out when he said he wanted "to make a fun rollercoaster horror movie". And the movie wasn't even fun!

Oh brother, John. Go rub The Aviator and The Last Samurai DVDs all over your body. Serious movies, serious genres!"

I have no idea what you're on about. Are *you* being serious?

The Last Samurai, The Aviator?

What?

So random.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed