Diorama Help!

Started by DerelictShip, Aug 14, 2017, 02:59:13 PM

Author
Diorama Help! (Read 507 times)

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

I've been trying to create the perfect setting for my Alien Stop Motion. I'm trying to model it after the original Alien with the old school futuristic look.

If anyone has any tips on the paints, tools, or pieces they've used it would be a great help!

My main focus is the corridors, spaceship cockpit, and possibly a hive.

Also, feel free to post any pics in this thread you've posted before!

Than you!

Morose

Morose

If you want to get good paint, I recommend using games workshop's. It is expensive but it is some of the best hobby paint out there.

Also I would go to Home Depot and Michaels to get pipes, wood, clay, etc for the ship and alien landscape.

For the juggernaut and derlict, I recommend you get either the NECA space jockey or the sideshow. I also recommend using the NECA eggs as well. Also i would buy one of those life size fake skeleton models that teachers use in their class, and use the bones to construct either and alien hive or the egg chamber.

I recommend you use mainly NECA figures, they have the most character pieces for the project.

If you want to get shots of the juggernaut and the nostromo, I recommend you buy smaller model sets, then build and paint those.

What is great about the original Alien is that a lot of the props, costumes, and settings were made with cool and simplistic items such as pipes, egg strays, cones, etc.

Good luck :)

CelticP

CelticP

Honestly, with good lighting and maybe a fog machine if you got it, you can pretty much create an Alien-esq environment out of household items.

that's what I did with this short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4Rj-bdp8Y&t=212s

You can save a ton of money on just using whatever you have, and dressing it up really nice. Like the hive was just some plastic wrap I sprayed with plasti dip, which gave it a kind of cool quality. And all my lights came from Wal-Mart and other groceries stores. They're just super cheap colored lights.

Just get creative with it and you'll be good.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

That's what I figured I tend to stress thinking about all the minor details though like wiring and pipes but for stop motion I might be able to pull it off without including them.

Just want it to look as realistic as possible

CelticP

CelticP

At the end of the day, it's going to be action figures. You can only go so far. I mean, maybe film on some actual pipes or something electrical around your house.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed