MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

Started by Gates, Sep 21, 2007, 10:45:49 AM

Author
MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) (Read 101,099 times)

Gates

Gates

Holy shit, guys/gals..! 13 seconds, lol... :laugh:

And Rockhold is no joke either...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Poor Aldo, "what happened?" Rio must've gone up in riots, lol. The Brazilian media tore into him.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

That knock out was a nightmare come true.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 16, 2015, 06:49:11 PM
That knock out was a nightmare come true.

I couldn't tell you how many MMA guys I know who explained in great detail how Aldo was going to destroy Conor and boy we were ALL wrong.

It makes no sense what happened to Aldo, how is it that Chad who only had two weeks to prepare for Conor drinking beer and hunting was able to put Conor on his back and drop elbows to the face? How is it someone as slow as Max Holloway survived three rounds with Conor but 13 seconds Aldo gets dropped? It makes no sense, Aldo is so much better than this. Aldo didn't throw one leg kick or wait for Conor to come to him, he just charged forward leaving himself wide open.

Only way I can explain this madness is that Conor got inside Aldo's head and Aldo just wasn't thinking anymore. Aldo looked tense, emotional, and nervous. Did anyone of you bet money on the fight?

Either way, nice talking to you guys again! Peace ;D

I feel sorry for Aldo, the 1st round in a fight is the most dangerous one because your body doesn't know that it's in a fight, so there's always a higher risk that it will react by shuting down when hit, compared to being hit by the same punch in later rounds. I really hope that he'll get a rematch soon, really soon because he lost because of "bad luck", Connor didn't prove a thing by that knock out, anyone who's been training a martial art where you compete with full contact knows that this happens and it's because the body didn't know it's in a fight... Not saying that Connor wouldn't have won or anything like that, only that Aldo had bad luck.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If McGregor really was in Aldo's head, then that's on Aldo. It's not bad luck.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2016, 11:28:52 PM
If McGregor really was in Aldo's head, then that's on Aldo. It's not bad luck.

That''s true but the only cases I know about when being in someones head is reason behind getting ko'ed, is the type of fights when the fighter acts more hurt than he really is or do some other thing that will force the judge to step in and stop the fight. I don't think that this is the case why Aldo lost, I think that his body/ brain just shut down because he wasn't "on"...Maybe someone else can explain it better than me, after all, it's well known that you are more vulnerable during the first round, the risk of getting ko'ed is higher because the body/brain need its time to get adjusted to the punishment.

blood.

blood.

Anyone watching Jones vs Saint Preux?
Jones gonna get bodied right now!
lol jk obviously he will blast this feeder fish. It's as a much a lock as one can get.

Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 16, 2015, 06:49:11 PM
Only way I can explain this madness is that Conor got inside Aldo's head and Aldo just wasn't thinking anymore. Aldo looked tense, emotional, and nervous. Did anyone of you bet money on the fight?

I put $100 on Aldo ffs, but I easily made that back putting the same amount on Diaz via sub.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Outstanding fights this past weekend.

Also, in other news...

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1137895575532244992

Ingwar

Ingwar

5 seconds!

Baron Von Marlon

Ingwar

Ingwar

Yeah, technically speaking it was KO in 2 seconds but referee allowed him to deliver two blows when game was really over.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Loved it!  It was a great fight card!

Askren is supposed to be on Ariel Helwani's show today.  I wonder what he has to say. haha

Ingwar

Master Chief

Master Chief

Glad he took it like a man.

razeak

razeak

Such an amazing KO. All time highlight.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed