I hate Fiefeld SO much.

Started by bobby brown, Aug 11, 2017, 10:57:21 AM

Author
I hate Fiefeld SO much. (Read 53,965 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Burke was an effective character. He started out being "an okay guy" for the most part, especially in how gently he handled Ripley and then when he backed her up against Gorman cowardice.  I think that's what made the revelation of his true colors all the more disgusting.  We felt as betrayed as Ripley did for allowing ourselves to like him.

Scorpio

Scorpio

If you think about it, Burke is a version of Ash.

It's a clever inversion of the original.  Make cold android good guy, and friendly human bad guy.

Quote from: SM on Oct 30, 2017, 10:31:11 AM
In that, they're both white?

They're not white.

The only white people are clowns.

SM

SM

Bishop wasn't 'cold'.

Scorpio

Scorpio

He was initially.  The intention was to fool the audience to think he would be another Ash.

SM

SM

Is that why he was all chummy with the marines and went out of his way to be friendly to Ripley?

Ripley sees him as being suss despite him not actually doing anything suss.

SiL

SiL

Cameron intended the audience to be suspicious if they saw the first movie.

The hugger autopsy is supposed to suggest Bishop might pull an Ash and Ripley will be justified in her suspicion. We buy Ripley's suspicion based on her prior experiences with androids.

We can argue whether Cameron did a good job or not but the intent is there.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I was just about to say that.

SM

SM

The audience sees Bishop to an extent through Ripley's biased eyes.

He never actually does anything suspicious beyond looking at Spunkmeyer for a couple for second longer than he should.  Then he's all chummy again.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Ash was 'chummy' too, well not chummy chummy but acting like a normal person just with slight hints that something may be off.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Won't you PLEASE just hate Fiefeld like you're supposed to?  >:(

Scorpio

Scorpio

I can't hate on Fifield, because I like him too much.  How could anyone not like him?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

He has a face that I'd like to punch, if only because of that haircut.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 31, 2017, 04:55:27 AM
I can't hate on Fifield, because I like him too much.  How could anyone not like him?
I found him amusing also.  Though you got to wonder, realistically would he have ever been hired for that mission. While conducting their initial interviews and tests for a geologist candidate, would someone like Fifield pass the mustard? If he was able to refrain from any outbursts during their interviews and tests like he went off on Shaw, then possibly. Would his work history reveal his short fuse has created conflicts on previous jobs? I would speculate that with a mission as important as the Prometheus mission, there would be some degree of vetting for each profession picked to join the team.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Apparently according to his character profile he's done other missions for Weyland.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Which makes inviting such a f*ckstick along even more stupid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed