One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Aug 03, 2017, 05:44:56 PM

Where would you like the Alien series to go next?

One more Ridley Scott prequel
Alien vs. Predator 3
Blomkamp's retconned pseudo-sequel with Ripley and Hicks
Sequel to Alien Resurrection with Ripley 8
Reboot the whole series and start from scratch
Soft reboot, set within existing continuity but new characters
Author
One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot? (Read 33,567 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Mar 28, 2019, 10:15:22 PM
The only purpose of existence is reproduction. Love? Some people never feel love. I never feel love. I prefer to have sons and daughters.

I really wish you wouldn't.

Samhain13

CristianoRonaldo7

Too late for your wishes. Take this L.

Samhain13

Local Trouble

The Old One

The Old One

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Corporal Hicks

Mark Swaine

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with something. I just finished my Alien: Leviathan screenplay and I contacted Scott Free a month ago to ask if for recommendations on which literary agents to submit it to, in the hope they'd say "send it over".
One of the main people gave me his direct email so I sent him the pitch. He didn't reply, which is fine. But yesterday I finished the final draft and I sent another email this morning and still heard nothing back, so I called them to see if they were receiving my messages. Then the secretary informed me "they don't accept unsolicited material" , which is what I thought their policy was before I even called them the first time and its probably the reason why the guy isn't replying to my emails (so why give me a personal email in the first place). Basically, this was my "go to" place to submit my screenplay and now I need to start looking around again. I'm not even sure who definitely currently holds the rights Fox or Disney, but does anybody know any agencies that I can submit my 301 page 'Alien Leviathan' screenplay to? Thank you.

SM

Disney owns Fox.

Neither is going to read an unsolicited 301 page screenplay.  Especially one based on an existing IP.

SiL

Nobody's going to read a 301 page spec script. Even if you submitted it to an agent, they'd just as soon dump it in the bin than even open the package when they felt how heavy it was.

Nukiemorph

I think the best you can hope for with fan work is uploading it online for no profit and seeing if the fanbase praises it.

bacchus

Quote from: SiL on Mar 30, 2019, 07:25:46 AM
Nobody's going to read a 301 page spec script. Even if you submitted it to an agent, they'd just as soon dump it in the bin than even open the package when they felt how heavy it was.

This.

Unless you're an established screenwriter with an agent you have zero chance of somebody at Disney/Fox picking up a spec screenplay involving one of their IPs. Even then, the chance would be remote - like 0.1%.

Pretty much the only way Disney/Fox are going to read a spec for this franchise is if:

a) They open a contest and welcome pitches/submissions for a feature film (not going to happen)
b) You personally know a decision maker at Disney/Fox and can persuade them to take a glance at it (unlikely)
c) The actual script is perfection, it gets talked about and passed around through the fan community/social media and somehow catches the attention of the right person (good luck with that)

Just being realistic here Mark Swaine - if you enjoy writing and think you're capable enough then write something original not based on an existing IP and submit to screenwriting contests.

If you have an interesting enough story in your 301 page screenplay then just adapt it to an original story and remove any references to Alien. Also, definitely cut down your page count unless you plan on directing it yourself - 301 pages = a FIVE HOUR MOVIE (approx).

Kradan

I think it's amusing that majority prefer to see Covenant sequel than anything else. And i think ending of Covenant was pretty tricky: even if you don't like movie in whole you still eager to know where it goes next.

bacchus

Personally my favourite option was to see the Blomkamp film - especially after the concept art he shared. You can really tell he 'gets' the franchise and it would have been great to see Ripley and Hicks on screen again.

Seeing as that isn't going to happen, my preferred option would be any other sequel - perhaps a sequel to Resurrection but set on Earth.

I just have no desire to see a Covenant sequel, especially as it would likely conclude with a link to Alien. I'm done with the Engineers.

Necronomicon II

Ah, as per usual, polling always tells a different story, bring on the Covenant sequel; turn the weirdness and psychosexuality up to 11, Ridley, *slurp*.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed