One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Aug 03, 2017, 05:44:56 PM

Where would you like the Alien series to go next?

One more Ridley Scott prequel
Alien vs. Predator 3
Blomkamp's retconned pseudo-sequel with Ripley and Hicks
Sequel to Alien Resurrection with Ripley 8
Reboot the whole series and start from scratch
Soft reboot, set within existing continuity but new characters
Author
One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot? (Read 34,634 times)

PierreVW

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 06, 2017, 02:21:36 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 06, 2017, 01:11:48 AM
You're only as good in hollywood as your last outing. 

Doesn't work that way.

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 06, 2017, 01:11:48 AM
That's why Blomkamp is confined to doing short films now, he can't get work in hollywood anymore.

Lolnope, Fox offered him The Gone World to direct. It's his next big sci-fi feature film. It's based on a as yet unpublished novel by Tomas Sweterlitsch and from several reports so far is absolutely amazing. Blomkamp will write the screenplay and direct it.

Always good to check one's facts first before spouting drivel.

It's very weird you love Neil Blomkamp especially if you are a fan of Blade Runner.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Why is it weird?  ???

I admire both Scott and Blomkamp. It's actually possible to do that you know.

Local Trouble

PierreVW

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 06, 2017, 07:54:47 PM
Why is it weird?  ???

I admire both Scott and Blomkamp. It's actually possible to do that you know.

Their styles are very different.

Like Terrence Malick(Ridley Scott) and Paul W.S. Anderson(Neil Blomkamp).

SM

What a laughably blinkered viewpoint.

SiL

Liking two different filmmakers? What next, liking two different films? Where does it end?

SM

Dogs and cats living together.

(Wait, is it okay if I like the original Ghostbusters and the new one?)

SiL

Quote from: SM on Aug 06, 2017, 10:33:19 PM
Dogs and cats living together.

(Wait, is it okay if I like the original Ghostbusters and the new one?)
Is it bad that I enjoyed both versions of Total Recall?

Scorpio

I like them both as well, though Arnie > Farrell.

SiL

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 04, 2017, 05:57:36 PM
You don't think it was explained well enough in AR that they cloned her to get the queen?

No, I understood the purpose. I'm saying, why go through all the effort of cloning her back to life only for one film that left everything on a cliffhanger? It didn't conclude anything. Resurrection if anything just birthed a new storyline for the series without any continuation of the Ripley 8 character or showing us the importance of her story to the series.

Nukiemorph

-All of the aliens that were born from cloning Ripley were killed.
-Ripley 8 gets to live happily ever after doing whatever she wants, which is what fans wanted for the original Ripley along with Hicks & Newt.
-The original ending suggested she'd be on the run from the military, but if the aliens aren't involved, nobody cares to see that.  They cut that scene from the movie anyway.

So the story left no implications of further adventures that were about to be had.  I don't see how this was a cliffhanger and I'm not sure what else could be done with the Resurrection storyline.

SM

There is no cliffhanger in Resurrection.

Space7Horror

Finish the prequels then wait a few years and make a new movie that takes place after Resurrection.  The movie that takes place after Resurrection can connect the prequels to the original films in subtle ways while giving us a new story that may focus on a whole new Alien never encountered before, possibly created by the engineers.  It can be a way of refreshing the franchise without having to reboot it as whatever happens after Resurrection in the timeline won't affect previous movies only enhance them. 
Also wouldn't it be cool if we had a movie from the point of view of Weyland Yutani?  Maybe after they were bought out in Resurrection they had a secret branch that kept running which searches the dark depths of the universe for anything alien related. (just an idea, I have no idea if it would even make sense for a film) 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed