Adam Savage Explores David's Lair in Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 01, 2017, 02:37:16 PM

Author
Adam Savage Explores David's Lair in Alien: Covenant (Read 4,222 times)

Corporal Hicks

If you thought Adam Savage was done with his behind-the-scenes features on Alien: Covenant, you’re in for a nice surprise! Via the Tested YouTube account, Adam Savage has posted a new video inside David’s laboratory!

“We’re behind the scenes during the production of Alien: Covenant, where we step inside the elaborate set created for David’s lair. Adam explores the details of this densely dressed set, packed with props and beautiful artwork that we only glimpsed on screen. The amount of work put into this laboratory of horrors is incredible!”

Recorded after principle photography had finished on Alien: Covenant, Savage takes a good look around David’s home in the Necropolis decorated with Dane Hallett and Matt Hatton’s (who we recently spoke to) gorgeous artwork. The video also features some cool behind-the-scenes footage. Check it out!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

Corporal Hicks

I just love how boyish and excited Savage is in all these behind-the-scenes featurettes.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

If you want to see him excited then you should watch the video in which he gets to meet Deckard's original blaster prop.  :laugh:

But I love the attention to detail here, those rolled-up scrolls even have pictures on them.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 01, 2017, 03:50:05 PM
But I love the attention to detail here, those rolled-up scrolls even have pictures on them.

That was something I was really curious about. I'd love to see more of them. I wonder if they were all Dane and Matt's too?

Salt The Fries

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 01, 2017, 03:50:05 PM
If you want to see him excited then you should watch the video in which he gets to meet Deckard's original blaster prop.  :laugh:

That's what I love about Ridley Scott's film-making style, he produces sets so real, that everything must practically function in them, so that it's easier for actors to immerse themselves in the surroundings.

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2017, 03:16:37 PM
I just love how boyish and excited Savage is in all these behind-the-scenes featurettes.

I would be exactly the same :)

Corporal Hicks

I have no doubt I would have too!

NickisSmart

I liked when he took out the scroll.

BishopShouldGo

Hopefully he asked if he could take one home. He took a jar of blood home.

bobby brown

Wy are there so many bug species from Earth?

Bojo

Bojo

This pretty much sums up Ridley for me.
*sigh* If only he showed just as much attention to detail into the other important aspects of the film ie the story and character depth.

Much respect to the artists here for their brilliant consistent work though.
Gradually the pressure in producing such works must of weighed heavily on their shoulders.

Thoroughly disappointing movie. ::)  :'(  :-

Rudiger

Why does a walking, talking super computer need to make handwritten notes and drawings? Kinda weird.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed