Engineer Graveyard extended scene

Started by TheBATMAN, Jul 31, 2017, 05:06:20 PM

Author
Engineer Graveyard extended scene (Read 25,467 times)

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Sick scene. Very reminiscent of Prometheus.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 31, 2017, 09:47:10 PM

Right now, some staffer at Fox is clearing out his desk and regretting telling the brass that "Everyone hated Prometheus!"  :P

Protozoid

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 31, 2017, 10:06:59 PM

Right now, some staffer at Fox is clearing out his desk and regretting telling the brass that "Everyone hated Prometheus!"  :P
Heads truly should be rolling over that decision.

The Alien Predator

Amazing scene.

I like those Juggernauts parked inside of that hole. The hole was opening to allow David to eventually park it inside but he never did obviously.

The presence of those Juggernauts further supports that these are Engineers to me. Why would a created species have Juggernauts in their city?

0321recon

Quote from: Protozoid on Jul 31, 2017, 10:13:18 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 31, 2017, 10:06:59 PM

Heads truly should be rolling over that decision.

Pity that this with other scenes that tied with Prometheus were cut. I like rest of you I'm waiting to see that alternate 12 minute Prologue sequence with Shaw and David.I hope one day it sees the light of day.

I also agree, several fools at Fox should be getting their heads chopped off for not only derailing Scott's original vision, but whatever crumbs that were left with Shaw and the engineers were cut out of the film. A two minute viral of her or just seeing the engineers die is not enough.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Glad to see this clip released early.  Having previously read some descriptions of the deleted scenes, this was the one I was most looking forward to seeing eventually...and it didn't disappoint me.

It's brilliantly filmed, moody reveal of darkly twisted bodies and additional 'juggernauts' adds an extra sense of epic scale to the city scenes, and really should have been included in the first place. But it will certainly be going into my own recut of COVENANT eventually!

Just as with PROMETHEUS, it seems like Ridley chose to cut out some really great footage for this which I'd rather have seen included...while including certain scenes I'd rather have seen cut out!

Really looking forward to seeing the rest of his discarded footage too, once the Blu-ray hits.

londez

londez

Will we get any explanations for the nonsensical crap, like why shaw would randomly send a transmission of herself singing Country Road into deep space?  My guess is that we won't, because it makes no sense. 

Mustangjeff

It has an interesting parallel with Prometheus.  Both films seemed to have shifted focus to some extent during filming and production.

Covenant:  Moved further away from Prometheus.

We have this scene as well as the David and Shaw scene cut from the film.

Prometheus : Moved further away from ALIEN.

They had Engineer sleep chambers that were chest bursted.  We also had the murals depicting "creatures".  One could also argue that the Engineers were being chased by something in the 3D hologram.

I think  a little more of each would have helped both films.

CainsSon

CainsSon

I think this scene was cut because of all the silly Prometheus backlash about running and petting alien snakes... they didn't want people claiming it's a Plot hole that David never flew off on one of these ships...

Protozoid

Quote from: CainsSon on Aug 01, 2017, 02:23:10 AM
I think this scene was cut because of all the stupid Prometheus backlash about running and petting alien snakes... they didn't want people claiming it's a Plot hole that David never flew off on one of these ships...
That's a good point. Perhaps David wasn't marooned? Was he content with his experiments until better subjects unexpectedly came along? I've only seen it once.

asil

asil

This is so deep.

It's so devastating what Weyland has done with his creations. He just wants to know the meaning of life and why we exists, but death is everywhere.

Starting from Prologue with white, then it becomes darker and darker, with no way out. It's a recurring nightmare till the end.

What if David wakes Daniels up and tells her it's just a nightmare? Nobody knows.

Corporal Hicks

they didn't want people claiming it's a Plot hole that David never flew off on one of these ships...

It would have been a legitimate question. I can't remember if it's the book or the script, but one of them mentions that after David bombed the Engineers a containment protocol kicked in, grounding all the ships so they couldn't spread the infection. If that dialogue was never filmed or was also cut, it'd make sense to cut this scene to avoid people asking that very same question.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2017, 08:45:23 AM
they didn't want people claiming it's a Plot hole that David never flew off on one of these ships...

It would have been a legitimate question. I can't remember if it's the book or the script, but one of them mentions that after David bombed the Engineers a containment protocol kicked in, grounding all the ships so they couldn't spread the infection. If that dialogue was never filmed or was also cut, it'd make sense to cut this scene to avoid people asking that very same question.
Yet its omission also raised questions why didn't they stop by some more to explore the surroundings, and hey, they did, but it would've led to even more questions :D

It's impossible to please everyone :D

whiterabbit

I suppose the scene is meant to show that the engineers on the planet had a means of space travel even though they appeared monk'ish. However what if those juggernauts in the ship-hold were actually the chariots of fresh meat that David commandeer. I don't think any engineers survived the initial onslaught. I mean if David had ships of his own why wouldn't he have just used them to escape.

windebieste

I never got the impression David was in a hurry to leave.  Not until he was ready to do so - not until he had perfected his first strain of the Alien.  By baiting the Covenant into investigating the planet, he acquired more than just a way off the planet - he acquired all the resources to build an army as well.

Could he have done so with an undamaged engineer ship?  Maybe, but by the end of the movie he certainly has more than enough resources that wouldn't have been aboard all the Juggernaut class combined.  Human hosts.

He basically planned and patiently waited for his trap to spring.  and it worked.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed