The Testing Screenings Thread

Started by ace3g, Jul 26, 2017, 12:56:21 AM

Author
The Testing Screenings Thread (Read 22,129 times)

salomonj

Do we have any reactions to the test screening other than the one saying that it's horrible?

happypred

I don't think so...

The leaked script killed my enthusiasm for this film though...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: salomonj on Nov 17, 2017, 12:25:40 AM
Do we have any reactions to the test screening other than the one saying that it's horrible?

Not publicly but I've heard from folk who just hated it and from those that really enjoyed once they got over it wasn't the typical Predator formula.

cheachea

cheachea

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 16, 2017, 01:53:28 PM
Quote from: DerelictShip on Nov 16, 2017, 01:20:43 PM
You would think someone at FOX would skim through all of these forums and say, "Hey wait a second, if all these people are already bashing where we're taking this film, before a trailer can even be released, maybe we should have a change of plans?"

I mean, what do we know? We only talk about literally every possibility Alien and Predator outcome there could be, and dedicate a portion of our lives to do so.
Sorry to disappoint you, but we're really not that important, and i say that as a fan.

Fans like to think that they are 100% the target audience, but we're really not, if you really think about it, if every fan on here would buy a ticket we wouldn't even be justifying a quarter of the budget these movies cost to make.

GreybackElder

This is going to divide fans even more than Alien Covenant!!!

Original Predator

Quote from: GreybackElder on Nov 20, 2017, 03:17:46 PM

Correct.

With the leaked script...consider them already divided.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I wonder if there's still time to do reshoots... Correcting stuff via post-production is one thing (and i think there will be) but reshoots seems more complicated, expensive and time consuming... The movie is still almost 9 months away though.

Corporal Hicks

There's plenty of time to do reshoots. I wouldn't worry about that.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Re-shoots? Let's just hope nobody's had to grow a moustache for their next role.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Rudiger on Nov 20, 2017, 04:06:50 PM
Re-shoots? Let's just hope nobody's had to grow a moustache for their next role.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Johnny Handsome

People love Predator 2, people hate Predator 2
People love Predators, people hate Predators
People consider the games/comics canon, others dont

The fanbase was always divided, there are people who love these movies for being good action movies, others just for the creature, others love/hate everything with/without Arnold. This movie won't change anything, there will be fans who will love this and fans who will hate it, but it was never any different.

Not all fans agree and we don't have to. I don't care so much about "the fan stuff" in these movies anymore, i just want a good movie and there is a pretty good chance this will hit the spark. It's all about personal taste, the stuff others loathe on this website is being cherished by others.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 21, 2017, 12:15:55 PM

The fanbase was always divided, there are people who love these movies for being good action movies, others just for the creature, others love/hate everything with/without Arnold. This movie won't change anything, there will be fans who will love this and fans who will hate it, but it was never any different.

Not all fans agree and we don't have to. I don't care so much about "the fan stuff" in these movies anymore, i just want a good movie and there is a pretty good chance this will hit the spark. It's all about personal taste, the stuff others loathe on this website is being cherished by others.

I agree overall, but i tend to think that there were never something THAT potentially divisive in predator 1, 2 and predators. But it's okay, you can't satisfy everyone anyway. I absolutely love some stuff from the script, other i found it weird/worrying, but i'm looking forward to it no matter what.

SiL

SiL

Predator 2 and Predators have divided people since release. Particularly the latter on the handling of the bad bloods/super predators/whatever you want to call them.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 21, 2017, 01:09:14 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 21, 2017, 12:15:55 PM

I agree overall, but i tend to think that there were never something THAT potentially divisive in predator 1, 2 and predators. But it's okay, you can't satisfy everyone anyway. I absolutely love some stuff from the script, other i found it weird/worrying, but i'm looking forward to it no matter what.
I heard about some of this stuff, but to me it's all about how certain things work within the context of the story. Predators in military pants sounds like a horrible idea, yes, but i want to see the whole picture before i make a judgement of any of this stuff. Let's put it this way, Predators are smart and technologically advanced, they have a society, why not make anything of this? I feel like we haven't really scratched the surface with the species yet. People bitched about the domesticated Raptors in JW, but i think they handled those quite well, i actually loved that stuff. Hoping for something similar here. I know people on here hate the idea, but something about
Spoiler
Predators working with humans in a greater interstellar conflict
[close]
has me totally excited, keep them Predators and in-character, yes, but why not show a side we haven't seen before? Also, we know that Predators, when engaged in certain situations, do in fact take the help from others when there is absolutely no other choice. So it's not really out of character, they just take it a step further.

Take Predator 2, i love it, but theres some seriously ridiculous and almost comically absurd stuff in that movie, but looking at it as a whole, the movie gave us some great new stuff about the Predator and it's a great and enjoyable action movie.

As long as THE PREDATOR is just that, and with Shane Black at the helm it has every chance to be, i will probably love it.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Can we just have a predator that actually feels like something from the first two films? Proper pred vision and the accompanying sounds, the whip-crack of the shoulder cannon, a decent exposed face?

Also we've not had any decent Predator clicking sounds since P2 either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed