The Testing Screenings Thread

Started by ace3g, Jul 26, 2017, 12:56:21 AM

Author
The Testing Screenings Thread (Read 22,012 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Did anyone mention anything
Spoiler
about the hybrid ? His looks maybe ?
[close]

MrPeterKeyes666

I have heard a similar reaction to what was posted above. I'm a big fan of Shane Black and I just hope most of the humor remains in the final film even if it is very different in tone than the other films in the series. We still have 9 months to release- there will be more screenings I'm sure and different edits tested over the next few months.

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2017, 04:43:57 PM
Spoiler
No kid flying the ship.
[close]

Thank you! I'm glad it's gone, it was the worst part of the script.
The hybrids
Spoiler
are still in the film but not sure how they're used in that regard.
[close]

Spoiler
Shit. That's the bad news. I just hope it's showed more as a small splinter faction, then a side in great intergalactic conflict. I just hate any indication of war/invasion in Predator films.
[close]

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 12, 2017, 04:38:09 PM
"mutated crazy monsters" were spotted on set.
There's even a photo of some very insectoid legs...
Spoiler

That could have been one of many different things. That could have been entirely cut out from final product.
[close]

Quote from: MrPeterKeyes666 on Nov 12, 2017, 09:20:45 PM
I have heard a similar reaction to what was posted above. I'm a big fan of Shane Black and I just hope most of the humor remains in the final film even if it is very different in tone than the other films in the series. We still have 9 months to release- there will be more screenings I'm sure and different edits tested over the next few months.

The problem is not about the tone and humor.

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Nov 12, 2017, 05:58:09 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2017, 05:55:01 PM
It's a great thing. I'm glad to hear that's gone.
At least that will help quieting some of the extreme haters

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey, we scare cos we care.

Original Predator

Sounds like a great script for a video-game.  Maybe turn it into that- save this comic book regurgitation and make an actual Pred sequel.

"at the end [of Predator], with the burned up clearing where the explosion happens, the film [Predator 2] opens there and the Predator's invisible feet come into view and a hand plunges down into the dust, into the ashes, and brings up the Predator's arm and then activates the computer and get's a readout to see everything that had happened up to that time, focusing on Arnold, and "this is my target.""

But who would wanna see that...??

Hollywood

Quote from: Original Predator on Nov 14, 2017, 03:23:34 PM
Sounds like a great script for a video-game.  Maybe turn it into that- save this comic book regurgitation and make an actual Pred sequel.

K.

Quote"at the end [of Predator], with the burned up clearing where the explosion happens, the film [Predator 2] opens there and the Predator's invisible feet come into view and a hand plunges down into the dust, into the ashes, and brings up the Predator's arm and then activates the computer and get's a readout to see everything that had happened up to that time, focusing on Arnold, and "this is my target.""

But who would wanna see that...??

People who think old man Arnold is still a bankable star and more interesting than the Predator itself.

BigDaddyJohn

Yes i agree it would have been interesting at the time of the second movie, but today it wouldn't make much sense, hunting a "legendary" human who is a old man now. Should've hunted him when he was still in his prime and able to show why he is a worthy prey.

Original Predator

Original Predator

Yeah Blade Runner fans were super p-ssed when Ford showed up and it totally ruined the movie.  *sarcasm*

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 14, 2017, 06:26:03 PM
Yes i agree it would have been interesting at the time of the second movie, but today it wouldn't make much sense, hunting a "legendary" human who is a old man now. Should've hunted him when he was still in his prime and able to show why he is a worthy prey.

Agree but the premise alone.  Would've made for a better movie than:

AVP
AVPR
Predators
(Reserved for The Predator)

Would it had/have not?

Hollywood

Quote from: Original Predator on Nov 14, 2017, 07:12:23 PM
Yeah Blade Runner fans were super p-ssed when Ford showed up and it totally ruined the movie.  *sarcasm*

Are you implying anyone said Harrison Ford was a bad idea in Blade Runner 2049?

Master

I think he said he was not. Same goes to Arnold I guess.

Hollywood

Haven't seen many people voice that their first preference is to have no Arnold at all. I know I would've liked to see him make an appearance.

Master

Me too, as an advisor/mentor type. No action scenes though.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Original Predator on Nov 14, 2017, 07:12:23 PM

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 14, 2017, 06:26:03 PM

Agree but the premise alone.  Would've made for a better movie than:

AVP
AVPR
Predators
(Reserved for The Predator)

Would it had/have not?

Yes it could have.

happypred

I am a fan of the predator, not of Dutch (not saying he isn't an awesome character).

Dutch is a resourceful human who gets very lucky...mud saves him at the right moment, predator toys with him and blunders under log trap, he barely manages to outrun the tactical wrist-nuke explosion.

If another predator chooses to hunt him down efficiently, he's f**ked. I'm not interested in watching a predator toy with Dutch a second time.

I think Dutch could have fit into Predators...replacing Nolan. But that opportunity came and went. Now, I think the franchise should just move on, as it appears to be doing.

DerelictShip

You would think someone at FOX would skim through all of these forums and say, "Hey wait a second, if all these people are already bashing where we're taking this film, before a trailer can even be released, maybe we should have a change of plans?"

I mean, what do we know? We only talk about literally every possibility Alien and Predator outcome there could be, and dedicate a portion of our lives to do so.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DerelictShip on Nov 16, 2017, 01:20:43 PM
You would think someone at FOX would skim through all of these forums and say, "Hey wait a second, if all these people are already bashing where we're taking this film, before a trailer can even be released, maybe we should have a change of plans?"

I mean, what do we know? We only talk about literally every possibility Alien and Predator outcome there could be, and dedicate a portion of our lives to do so.
Sorry to disappoint you, but we're really not that important, and i say that as a fan.

Fans like to think that they are 100% the target audience, but we're really not, if you really think about it, if every fan on here would buy a ticket we wouldn't even be justifying a quarter of the budget these movies cost to make.

The fanbase is too small, hence they care more about what the general audience would think and to be honest, most fans on here or any other website have horrendous ideas of where to take the franchise. The directors of AvP-R listened to a lot of stuff of the fans that wasn't planned and/or in the script, and created a shitty movie they ended up hating just as much as most fans.

A director should never compromise/replace their vision for someone elses. Ask 10 fans what this movie should be about, you get 8 different answers, no thx, i rather have the result of a competent writer/director than 99% of the fans that think they know better without having seen a single frame of footage, leaked script or not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed