Olivia Munn talks seeing the Predator on set for the first time

Started by ace3g, Jul 24, 2017, 10:55:56 PM

Author
Olivia Munn talks seeing the Predator on set for the first time (Read 9,576 times)

ace3g

ace3g

https://twitter.com/YahooMovies/status/889615183131414529

QuoteIn the above interview alongside her Lego Ninjago Movie mates Dave Franco and Justin Theroux, Munn reveals that production has wrapped on the forthcoming tentpole, and that its story will be a stand-alone affair — albeit one that exists in the same universe as Schwarzenegger's original (even if it doesn't overtly acknowledge it). As such, it's not a reboot so much as a modern-day continuation of the saga, and one that will "kick it up another level."

And as for seeing the Predator for the first time? Munn says it was a "visceral" experience, given that the famed creature wasn't created by CGI but, rather, was a present-in-the-room-with-you sort of breathing, moving monster.

Weeble

Don't understand why people are confused.  This is just what they did with Mad Max: Fury Road...it was set in the Mad Max Universe but there was no talk of ToeCutter or Tina Turner's character or any of that.  It was just a stand alone film in the franchise. Yes it was a sequel but it didn't have to do anything with the other films.  Hollywood is doing this, I believe, to not piss off the fans of the originals (that still want them to be canon) and also not to be tied to the stinkers in the franchise.  This is a good move.

Xenomorphine

Sounds like the first time a completely animatronic Predator will appear on screen.

From what she describes, it seems like this will be the same as all the others: A definite sequel which simply happens not to feature the previous characters.

Weeble

Weeble

And it may not even mention the events of the other films. Predator 2 did and Predators mentioned the events of Predator.  Now since Busey is in this, that might throw a wrench in this...but they can simply name him after his father without talking about his father.

Possible for the taller more powerful predator..but she also coud of been talking about the guy who controls the teeth and eyes and facial movement with a remote control..
but even that took more then one man before"...just for the facial movement..    Gotta wait and see.

"It's jarring actually because it's not animated in CG, it's just right there!"

Then when the movie comes out all of the awesome practical effects are covered up with cheep atrocious looking CGI, can't wait!

sorry the site glitched and made me replay to your post, I didn't mean too.

And here I was hoping Stan WInston studios was gonna get the rights to do the predator creations and whatnot  :'(

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 25, 2017, 04:19:26 PM
Sounds like the first time a completely animatronic Predator will appear on screen.

I wonder if it'll be a complete body, apparently strapped to a table, or if it'll just be the upper-torso or something. Can't see why they'd need a complete body.

QuoteFrom what she describes, it seems like this will be the same as all the others: A definite sequel which simply happens not to feature the previous characters.

Yeah, exactly. I'm surprised this ever confused people.

Quote from: Weeble on Jul 25, 2017, 05:23:32 PM
sorry the site glitched and made me replay to your post, I didn't mean too.

Sorry, the site doesn't like guests posting one after another. Tends to merge them.

QuoteAnd here I was hoping Stan WInston studios was gonna get the rights to do the predator creations and whatnot  :'(

It would have been interesting to see Legacy do the effects but I do like ADI's Predators and I really like the suits and masks we've seen so far from this.

DaddyYautja

all pred films have been stand alone.

and all preds had animatronics faces. Or is she talking about that spider predator thing?

FHGD

FHGD

I just hope as far the special effects are concerned they keep everything "Predator" related practical EX:(people in suits), and not just go and put fake looking CG over it like other movies have or full on CGI when they have good practical effects to begin with.

DaddyYautja, both Predator 2 and Predators have mentioned the events of Predator...so they are not entirely stand alone.

ace3g

another new interview - 4:19 mark

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

God she's gorgeous ! And she kinda implicitly confirm the leaked plot... Evolution... Bigger threat...

von

Munn is back in BC, most likely for reshoots

Corporal Hicks

Do you have a link von?

von

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2017, 01:36:30 PM
Do you have a link von?
False alarm, my bad! I rechecked her instagram story where I first saw that she's in BC and now I realize it's for her new series "Six" 😆

Nooo

She is very well spoken
Insaw keegan on late show with colbert and he has a drama theater background..he is a serious stage actor and a brilliant comedy actor. After seeing logan i am convinced this will be well acted

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: von on Aug 02, 2017, 04:22:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2017, 01:36:30 PM
Do you have a link von?
False alarm, my bad! I rechecked her instagram story where I first saw that she's in BC and now I realize it's for her new series "Six" 😆

No worries. Even then, if test screenings are not far off, I would imagine pick-ups would be around the corner.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Here's waiting for the movie only a year to go

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed