Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 147,597 times)

Alien³

Alien³

True.

And as pointed out earlier in Aliens the atmosphere is breathable.

I'm sticking with it was out the egg for longer. It was super randy.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Gash on Aug 03, 2017, 10:39:34 PM
ADF's novelisation of ALIEN mentions the shadow within Kane's chest, from the first examination, long before the hugger dies.

Good point. I know it doesn't 'stand up in court', but ADF is very high on my totem pole (and hell, this was scripted and filmed, too).

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^Indeed on all points

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Gash on Aug 03, 2017, 10:39:34 PMBecause it was keeping him alive?

It was on him for hours even after they got back aboard the ship, by which point it had no need to keep him alive.

Quote from: Gash on Aug 03, 2017, 10:39:34 PMBut apparently you'd rather it was yet more obviously signposted.

That wasn't what I said at all.

Quote from: Gash on Aug 03, 2017, 10:39:34 PMTry watching the film and picking up on the visual clues. The hugger gets thrown aside but instead of jumping back into the fray as it does in Aliens, it withers and dies. Not obvious enough?

Again, wut?

I never argued that it hadn't done the job. I'm saying the fact it did it so ridiculously quickly is bogus. "Visual ques" have nothing to do with that.

I already told you I'd called there being another Alien. I wanted it to be less obvious (admittedly a futile wish given that they showed so much of the Alien on the ship in the trailer).

Quote from: Gash on Aug 03, 2017, 10:39:34 PMAgain, because it attacked him in an alien atmosphere and kept him alive. It wasn't being attacked, it wasn't in a hurry. Why is it so hard to grasp that totally different circumstances would make one huggers attack more desperate and the others more measured.

See my first point. Kane was on the ship for most of that time.

If it could've done it in five seconds, why take hours when that just gives the host's buddies time to piss about trying to cut you off and potentially killing you, the host and the Chestburster?

Kane's other son

The facehugger staying on the victim's face for hours ensures that the embryo will grow in optimal conditions. Remember that it was feeding Kane with oxygen, maybe even nutrients.
There's no reason it would take hours for the embryo (black goo DNA strand?) to travel down the hugger's tube.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 03, 2017, 09:28:57 PM
What about this:

Maybe the facehugger has always impregnated its hosts quickly. Maybe the rest of time it was simply monitoring the embryo (and host) until it was ready to hatch... but obviously didn't have that luxury in this case.

Very close, as I have said before. implantation occurs somewhere in the first few hours but remains attached after implantation for a further 16/20 mins to 16/20 hours. This is mentioned in the WYR.

Because it was keeping him alive? Because it was indulging in Tantric sex? Because Facehuggers do their own thing?

Also. the hugger's securely fixed on Lope's face for 13 seconds - sexual intercourse within the animal kingdom is often shorter than that, so it's hardly beyond belief.

Again, because it attacked him in an alien atmosphere and kept him alive. It wasn't being attacked, it wasn't in a hurry. Why is it so hard to grasp that totally different circumstances would make one huggers attack more desperate and the others more measured.

The thought that a hugger could put it's tube down someones throat immediately without it also implanting immediately is harder to believe.

Russ, Marachuck and some other guys or as Sil said "Aliens says no" Instead of all this grasping at straws, why can't folks just admit that its a just a stupid contradiction?

Since you seem to like using sexual metaphor stuff regarding the facehugger, the reason why it wouldn't just implant immediately upon forcing its ovipositor into someone's throat would then be same as why men don't immediately ejaculate when only just engaging in intercourse.  :P

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 03, 2017, 10:53:38 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 03, 2017, 09:12:07 PM
So why didn't it do that quickly with Kane?

Could have been because it hugged him in a toxic atmosphere. Stayed on, feeding him oxygen to get the job done.

Also the one that got Lope had been out of its egg for a while before it attacked. Could have been ready to shoot :P

It wasn't out of the egg that long and in fact we don't even know when that egg opened.

Quote from: Kane's other son on Aug 04, 2017, 09:50:52 AM
The facehugger staying on the victim's face for hours ensures that the embryo will grow in optimal conditions. Remember that it was feeding Kane with oxygen, maybe even nutrients.
There's no reason it would take hours for the embryo (black goo DNA strand?) to travel down the hugger's tube.

It was feeding Russ oxygen too. Its nothing to do with hostile atmosphere, facehuggers are or were designed to keep their host alive, the whole point of those sacs is to give them oxygen when attached and the only reason they would need to give oxygen is if they have to stay attached longer than a host could survive when being smothered....which they do, its supposed to be hours.

The lope incident isn't just a contradiction, because no matter how much certains fans want to grasp at straws but it will always renders certain qualities of a facehugger completely redudant. Because if it can implant in seconds, it has no need of those air sacs, it does not even need those sedatives since those are just there to put a host down for hours and to ensure it cannot be removed without killing a host.

Alien Covenant is not a bad film at all, I enjoyed it but there are major flaws and honestly, folks should stop being in denial about it, I get that there is some who don't see any issues because they may not care about lore etc but those that are trying too hard to explain or justify it must be aware on some level.

Admiting there is an issue with a film does not make it a bad film, Alien and Aliens had some issues too and they are great films. There is nothing wrong with being concerned or criticizing parts of a movie, especially one that has issue that stick out like a sore thumb.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 04, 2017, 11:35:57 AM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 03, 2017, 09:28:57 PM
What about this:

Maybe the facehugger has always impregnated its hosts quickly. Maybe the rest of time it was simply monitoring the embryo (and host) until it was ready to hatch... but obviously didn't have that luxury in this case.

Very close, as I have said before. implantation occurs somewhere in the first few hours but remains attached after implantation for a further 16/20 mins to 16/20 hours. This is mentioned in the WYR.

Because it was keeping him alive? Because it was indulging in Tantric sex? Because Facehuggers do their own thing?

Also. the hugger's securely fixed on Lope's face for 13 seconds - sexual intercourse within the animal kingdom is often shorter than that, so it's hardly beyond belief.

Again, because it attacked him in an alien atmosphere and kept him alive. It wasn't being attacked, it wasn't in a hurry. Why is it so hard to grasp that totally different circumstances would make one huggers attack more desperate and the others more measured.

The thought that a hugger could put it's tube down someones throat immediately without it also implanting immediately is harder to believe.

Russ, Marachuck and some other guys or as Sil said "Aliens says no" Instead of all this grasping at straws, why can't folks just admit that its a just a stupid contradiction?

Since you seem to like using sexual metaphor stuff regarding the facehugger, the reason why it wouldn't just implant immediately upon forcing its ovipositor into someone's throat would then be same as why men don't immediately ejaculate when only just engaging in intercourse.  :P

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 03, 2017, 10:53:38 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 03, 2017, 09:12:07 PM
So why didn't it do that quickly with Kane?

Could have been because it hugged him in a toxic atmosphere. Stayed on, feeding him oxygen to get the job done.

Also the one that got Lope had been out of its egg for a while before it attacked. Could have been ready to shoot :P

It wasn't out of the egg that long and in fact we don't even know when that egg opened.

Quote from: Kane's other son on Aug 04, 2017, 09:50:52 AM

It was feeding Russ oxygen too. Its nothing to do with hostile atmosphere, facehuggers are or were designed to keep their host alive, the whole point of those sacs is to give them oxygen when attached and the only reason they would need to give oxygen is if they have to stay attached longer than a host could survive when being smothered....which they do, its supposed to be hours.

The lope incident isn't just a contradiction, because no matter how much certains fans want to grasp at straws but it will always renders certain qualities of a facehugger completely redudant. Because if it can implant in seconds, it has no need of those air sacs, it does not even need those sedatives since those are just there to put a host down for hours and to ensure it cannot be removed without killing a host.

Alien Covenant is not a bad film at all, I enjoyed it but there are major flaws and honestly, folks should stop being in denial about it, I get that there is some who don't see any issues because they may not care about lore etc but those that are trying too hard to explain or justify it must be aware on some level.

Admiting there is an issue with a film does not make it a bad film, Alien and Aliens had some issues too and they are great films. There is nothing wrong with being concerned or criticizing parts of a movie, especially one that has issue that stick out like a sore thumb.

You're right, I love Covenant but it definitely takes liberties with the lore. Some of these things aren't necessary facts and they can be explained away but ultimately it has altered accepted lore and elements that were intended in the originals.

None of that bothers me because I think the films great but I can understand how irksome it can be to others.

Alien³

Alien³

in fact we don't even know when that egg opened.

Precisely.

But somewhere within the 8 or so hours between Oram getting hugged and Lope.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

-David is floating in space with a ship full of experimental hosts.  What will become of this?
-If David is the creator, why in the hell is there an engineer-like ship filled with eggs on LV-426?
-Was that giant corpse on LV-426 actually an engineer or was Ridley planning to subvert our expectations yet again?
-What "ritual" is David teasing in the Advent short?

Never getting these answers will annoy me more than any life-cycle tweaks/contradictions in any of the movies thus far.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: necrotard on Aug 04, 2017, 11:58:09 AM
-David is floating in space with a ship full of experimental hosts.  What will become of this?
-If David is the creator, why in the hell is there an engineer-like ship filled with eggs on LV-426?
-Was that giant corpse on LV-426 actually an engineer or was Ridley planning to subvert our expectations yet again?
-What "ritual" is David teasing in the Advent short?

Never getting these answers will annoy me more than any life-cycle tweaks/contradictions in any of the movies thus far.

Yep me too

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 04, 2017, 11:53:02 AM
in fact we don't even know when that egg opened.

Precisely.

But somewhere within the 8 or so hours between Oram getting hugged and Lope.

As far as we know, it was minutes and not hours, though it is possible it could have been at least an hour. It does not help that the pacing and editing makes things happen faster.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

One thing for all of you to ponder on: what if sped-up properties of impregnation came as a result of eggs being directly subjected to accelerant by David as opposed to eggs we know from Alien which might be Xeno-made?

What if every subsequent Xeno born within their own life-cycle was genetically inferior and dilluted version of the "Xeno zero" (which enjoys the benefits of the accelerant the most) that was artificially created by David.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

That explanation doesn't make the accelerated impregnation/burst/growth rate any less stupid

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Well, it's now a matter of applying actual science vs holding on to something that we all used to take it for granted "just because".

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

There's no point in trying to apply actual science for a stupid decision they made to move the plot forward

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed