Neill Blomkamp Talks The (De) Evolution of Alien 3.2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 09, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Talks The (De) Evolution of Alien 3.2 (Read 68,667 times)

windebieste

yaaay............................

keep up the great work Ridley, more please Fox....

-Windebieste

PierreVW

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 09, 2017, 11:26:54 PM
Would have been great...

...in 1988.

-Windebieste.

I agree.

Blomkamp keeps saying this was HIS ALIEN 3. ALIEN 3 already happened. And it's way better than any Blomkamp movie. Fincher is way, way better than Neill.

Then, Weaver keeps lying. She APROVED Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection. And now Sigourney is saying bad things about ALI3N and RESURRECTION.

SM

What bad things has she said?

PierreVW

Quote from: SM on Jul 10, 2017, 03:32:18 AM

She said that ALI3N and RESURRECTION were mistakes.

20 years ago, she said different when her dollar account was huge.

Sigourney Weaver lost any credibility.

windebieste

The horse bolted on this issue 3 decades ago.   'ALIEN', 'ALIENS' and 'ALIEN 3' are a great trilogy.  They tell a complete story.   There's really nothing more to add.   What more is there to tell about Ripley, anyway?  Other than she becomes a superhero 200 years later.

But no.  Along comes along Blomkamp and he stirs the pot.  It's a sensitive enough issue with 'ALIENS' fans (generally speaking) as it is with the direction the 3rd movie took, but hey, isn't it time to accept it? 

Blomkamp hasn't done anyone any favours with his proposal.  He basically prematurely announced his intention to make his fan service movie, gathered online support and used it to twist Fox' arm.  Scott said "No.  I have different plans".  End of fan service Project - on with the continuing 'PROMETHEUS' narrative instead.

Blomkamp should have just kept quiet because now all the butt hurt Ripley-ites won't calm down.  We got a solid movie with 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  Deal with it.

I'd love to see Blomkamp make an 'ALIEN' movie - but it doesn't need Ripley.  Her story is done.  It's over.  There is immense scope in the fictional universe without her. 

In the end, it's just too bad Blomkamp wasn't around 30 years ago with his proposal - that would have been ideal!  ...but that's not the way things have happened.  Blomkamp is 3 decades too late.  Sorry, but that's the story.

-Windebieste.

windebiesteisright

windebiesteisright

Well said, Windebieste.

SM

Quote from: PierreVW on Jul 10, 2017, 03:49:17 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 10, 2017, 03:32:18 AM

She said that ALI3N and RESURRECTION were mistakes.

20 years ago, she said different when her dollar account was huge.

Sigourney Weaver lost any credibility.

When has she said this?

PierreVW

Another thing is:

WHY Sigourney Weaver is saying the story of Ripley isn't complete?. Money.

Ripley died in ALI3N and Sigourney Weaver played the clone of Ripley in RESURRECTION.

Kronnang_Dunn

You make it sound like Ridley Scott shot down Blomkamp's Alien 5 in a whim. It actually was FOX all along. Those guys wouldn't make a movie deal for 2 Alien films, only a single one, so Ridley Scott pursued the Prometheus sequel instead.

windebieste

Sigourney Weaver and Neill Blomkamp were sitting in the pub during takes of 'Chappie' at lunch time.  Neill turns to Sigourney and says "Hey, I have these designs for a movie proposal for a REAL and PROPER sequel to 'ALIENS'"

Sigourney, sipping on her glass of wine replies "Shoot.  I'm interested".

"OK." Says Neill "Here.  Check out these concept pieces. It'll have you and Micheal and maybe even Carrie can reprise roles."

"That's a fantastic idea!" Responded the tall, dark haired woman. "I'd love that. Have you got any costs worked out yet?" 

"Well" Neill responds, pleased to see Sigourney's interest had been captured so readily "I was hoping to work that out with you right now."

OK.  Says Weaver  "Firstly, there's my fee.  That will at least be eight figures and I won't settle for less than twenty million.  I got paid eleven million for the same role 20 years ago.  I expect at least double that now".

"Done. How much do think Michael should be paid."

"Oh, I don't know. ... make it five million.  I think he'll take that.  He'll be happy with 8 weeks worth of work and five mill in his pocket at the end of the day."

Neill looked at her and scratched his chin "hmmm... OK.  I think that's OK.  How about the special effects budget?  I've got the technical background, so I know this already.  To digitally de-age you for the 2 hour duration of the movie we will need a budget of around thirty million dollars.  I think that's about right."

"OK"  Says Sigourney "Sounds Great! Let's do it..."

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" insists Neill "There's also the Alien..."

"What about it?  These movies are about Ripley - not the Alien.  So what?"

"We need to budget for it anyway." Replies Neill.

"Uh, OK" responds Weaver.  "I can tell you now James once said if he could get away with a special effect just by throwing a rubber chicken at a wall, he'd do that."

"Well, in that case, how much is a rubber chicken? Anyway, we have to get back to work.  I'll work on these costs and send my proposal to the executives at Fox.  They'll love it.  I'll see you on set in five minutes."

- - -

Two weeks later an evelope full of document arrives on a Fox executive's desk.  It's Neill Blomkamp's proposal for an ALIENS movie sequel that should have been made 30 years ago.  Inside there's a script, some concept art and a balance sheet of costs.  Among the costing for the project are these entries:

$20,000,000 - Sigourney Weaver's fee.
$30,000,000 - Special effects to de-age Ms Weaver for 2 hours.
$5,000,000 - Michael Biehn fee.
$2.50 - Rubber Chicken for creature effects.

-Windebieste.

Scorpio

If they de-age her.. cop out.  I want to see 70 year old Ripley, wrinkles and all.

Kronnang_Dunn

Blomkamp is a military science fiction visual master, so a Blomkamp Alien film would probably be ALIENS x 10. I recommend all you Blomkamp detractors watch RAKKA and FIREBASE from OAT Studios... They are very very impressive for their budget. I bet Blomkamp used lots of concepts there that were going to be in the defunct ALIEN 5 project.

SM

Quote from: PierreVW on Jul 10, 2017, 04:55:28 AM
Another thing is:

WHY Sigourney Weaver is saying the story of Ripley isn't complete?. Money.

Ripley died in ALI3N and Sigourney Weaver played the clone of Ripley in RESURRECTION.

The studio wanted Ripley and were willing to pay and she was eager to do a different take on the character.

When did she say Alien 3 and Resurrection were mistakes again?

Perfect-Organism

I figured it was something like this.  Very disappointed in Ridley.  At least be honest about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed