Neill Blomkamp Talks The (De) Evolution of Alien 3.2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 09, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Talks The (De) Evolution of Alien 3.2 (Read 68,643 times)

windebieste

Would have been great...

...in 1988.

-Windebieste.

Richman678

As much as Covenant was a disappointment. I still would rather have had a sequel to Prometheus than Blomkamps Alien movie.

Look unless your name is Steven Spielberg a major studio is always going to side with Ridley Scott. The man is s legend.

SM

QuoteAlien Covenant received fare reviews from critics, and a polarizing response from fans with most being disappointed.

That would depend on how broad your definition of 'disappointment' is.

And 'fare'.

Anthony

Quote from: Richman678 on Jul 09, 2017, 11:27:47 PM

Look unless your name is Steven Spielberg a major studio is always going to side with Ridley Scott. The man is s legend.

Or Christopher Nolan.

Tonyhartmorph

Tonyhartmorph

"londez Posted about 7 hours ago

Just say it Neil, Ridley is a jerk."

Scott is a jerk? Stand back for a minute and think about how Blomkamp went about trying to get his film made while Scott was already busy doing his thing with the series. Trying to pitch a film through Instagram thinking online Aliens fanboys would make it work? He cynically used them all. Blomkamp was a complete bellend.

Carry on with the perfect imaginary Blomkamp masterpiece that exists in your own head. I mean there must be thousands of unmade Blomkamp Alien films sitting latently in empty eager skulls out there. Make up any shit you want, Blomkamp would have delivered no matter what.

Numpties

salomonj

Hopefully we'll see Blomkamp's vision for a alien movie. I love District 9 and I watched Elysium last night. Very underrated movie.

newagescamartist

Blomkamp either needs to put or shut up. This beating around the bush nonsense is just dividing the fanbase. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone write about how Blomkamp's Alien would have been so much better than Covenant. Wait...what? Based on what? Nostalgia filled concept art? Either leak the story or shut up. This is starting to sound like sour grapes.

SM

Put up what?  He can't leak the script.

He's moved on with the Oats stuff, and people keep asking him about Alien and he wants to not look like an unprofessional hack.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: SM on Jul 09, 2017, 11:36:18 PM
QuoteAlien Covenant received fare reviews from critics, and a polarizing response from fans with most being disappointed.

That would depend on how broad your definition of 'disappointment' is.

And 'fare'.

Touché

A percentage ofyoutube video of well known youtubers and many other lesser known youtubers expressed how the movie didn't deliver for them.
Taking to friends and other people on the matter most have not taken kindly to the film.

Unsure if the popular opinion public perception that this movies a dud, or maybe its reputation will improve in time like how Alien 3 developed a loyal fan following. Wonder if well once again get an Alien movie as universally love cause we haven't had a GREAT one since 1986.

Its unlikely that Blomkamp's fan service passion project have been GREAT, we'll never know. Much like with Terminator Genisys or Star Wars the Force Awakens "I'm aware of the divisive reputation of these movies amongst fans." a starring actor of the series make a returns as their beloved character, the chances for Sigourney to return as Ripley one last time to give her character a send off will never happen. Oh well.

Scorpio

Gene Siskel didn't like Aliens:

QuoteALIENS (Carnegie, Dearborn and outlying). Count me out of the fan club for this one. To me ``Aliens`` is one extremely violent, protracted attack on the senses, as surviving space explorer Sigourney Weaver again confronts the spiny, slithering creatures who killed her buddies in the original film,

``Alien.`` Toward the end, the film resorts to placing a young girl in jeopardy in a pathetic attempt to pander to who knows what audience. Some people have praised the technical excellence of ``Aliens.`` Well, the Eiffel Tower is technically impressive, but I wouldn`t want to watch it fall apart on people for two hours. R. (STAR)(STAR)

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1986-08-08/entertainment/8602270452_1_flicks-film-ditch

SM

QuoteUnsure if the popular opinion public perception that this movies a dud,

If IMDB is any measure the average is 6.7/10, which is in the same ballpark as the critical response.

tleilaxu

Quote from: newagescamartist on Jul 10, 2017, 01:43:26 AM
Blomkamp either needs to put or shut up. This beating around the bush nonsense is just dividing the fanbase. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone write about how Blomkamp's Alien would have been so much better than Covenant. Wait...what? Based on what? Nostalgia filled concept art? Either leak the story or shut up. This is starting to sound like sour grapes.
It's just a popular narrative. Blomkamp's Alien movie would've sucked, let's be honest. All his movies have basically been the same thing, some oppressed group rebelling against their oppressors + video game aesthetics. We see the same thing in his Oats projects. People didn't like the artistic albeit flawed movie that was Covenant and now they're pretending Apartheid with Xenos would've been teh best movie evurr!!

SM

PierreVW

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 10, 2017, 02:40:14 AM
Quote from: newagescamartist on Jul 10, 2017, 01:43:26 AM
It's just a popular narrative. Blomkamp's Alien movie would've sucked, let's be honest. All his movies have basically been the same thing, some oppressed group rebelling against their oppressors + video game aesthetics. We see the same thing in his Oats projects. People didn't like the artistic albeit flawed movie that was Covenant and now they're pretending Apartheid with Xenos would've been teh best movie evurr!!

I agree.

His stupid social theories plus Aliens. Sounds beyond stupid.

Adam802

sigh....................

someone stop Ridley, please Fox....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed