Neill Blomkamp Talks The (De) Evolution of Alien 3.2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 09, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Talks The (De) Evolution of Alien 3.2 (Read 69,279 times)

gantarat

No way fox will let or make a movie that retcon alien 3,4

SM

gantarat

gantarat

Idk when Blomkamp Talk to Fox about Alien 5 but Sea of Sorrow and Wayland Yutani Report show that fox still want keep alien 3-4 as a main canon.

SM

That was a couple of years ago.

If they thought they were on a winner with Blomkamp's idea, Alien3 and Resurrection would go.

Naska

Ridley stepped in as a producer to kill the movie. Poor Neill

Scorpio

And Ridley made the right decision.

newagescamartist

Quote from: SM on Jul 10, 2017, 01:45:57 AM
Put up what?  He can't leak the script.

He's moved on with the Oats stuff, and people keep asking him about Alien and he wants to not look like an unprofessional hack.

Fair point about the script, but for all this hot air that's been blown we know nothing about it. It's hard to be disappointed when we know zilch. When he keeps talking about the project it just adds more fuel to the fire. I think the fanbase overall enjoyed Covenant, but the loud minority keep saying how much better Blomkamp's movie would be. There is no way to know that. What we do know is that it would feature Ripley and Hicks which would retcon two of the movies in the original saga. That is enough to make me pause. I think if the story or a synopsis leaked it would put this issue to bed. It would have to be so mind blowingly awesome to keep fans divided at that point.

windebieste

Well, that's the point.

There is absolutely no guarantee that Blomkamp's movie was going to be any good. 

Oh, Ripley was going to be in it?  BWAHAHAHAHAHAZAAAAAA!!!1!

Well, Big f**king deal. 

I am so glad Scott is taking the series into challenging directions he's pushing it.  This series needed a kick up the pants to shed it's tired old 1986 nostalgia trip and embrace the 21st Century. 

More Scott, please.  Less of the bullshit Ripley navel gazing nonsense. 

-Windebieste.

Russ

I've made no secret of my advocacy of this project. However, the "... if it was still 1998" comment does ring a little bit true to me.

But for all that, I still would have loved to have seen this come to fruition, but there are always going to be two camps on this. The one lot who are willing to overlook the magic facehugger and hand-waving (or brave dramatic decision whichever way you want it) of two established characters and the other lot who can accept A3 on its own merits... but not at the expense of the established story.

We've been over it loads (the joy of the internet forum) and I don't think anyone will really change their stance on this.

The one worry, I think, is that even if it had gone into production, the question marks over NB's ability to deliver on the concept would still be there - would this have been the movie that the Aliens fans wanted? Was the script - and the director - up to the task.

It's a moot point now - as has been noted, he's moved on. He knows its not happening and this Oaks studio thing is the new thing d'jour. Fair play, a lot of the content seems to be saying "And here's what you could have won" re the AlienVerse!

Corporal Hicks

While I was a little apprehensive about the idea of a retcon, those assuming either way that Blomkamp's film would have been amazing or bad should try and take a step back. There is no guarantee either way that it would have been better than these prequels or it would have been worse. Also I'd just like to remind people not to just blanket insult people who may want/not want this. It's childish and boring.

While I did enjoy Covenant for the most part, I also dislike the direction he's taking these prequels and would quite happily not see him conclude these stories.

I'm hoping the script will get leaked but it's probably unlikely considering how few people have likely seen it. Hopefully, considering the praise it got, we'll get to see it in some fashion or another. Perhaps a comic series? I'd really like to see Dark Horse do some adaptations of the various Alien 3 scripts like they did with The Star Wars.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 10, 2017, 05:03:22 AM
Sigourney Weaver and Neill Blomkamp were sitting in the pub during takes of 'Chappie' at lunch time.  Neill turns to Sigourney and says "Hey, I have these designs for a movie proposal for a REAL and PROPER sequel to 'ALIENS'"

Sigourney, sipping on her glass of wine replies "Shoot.  I'm interested".

"OK." Says Neill "Here.  Check out these concept pieces. It'll have you and Micheal and maybe even Carrie can reprise roles."

"That's a fantastic idea!" Responded the tall, dark haired woman. "I'd love that. Have you got any costs worked out yet?" 

"Well" Neill responds, pleased to see Sigourney's interest had been captured so readily "I was hoping to work that out with you right now."

OK.  Says Weaver  "Firstly, there's my fee.  That will at least be eight figures and I won't settle for less than twenty million.  I got paid eleven million for the same role 20 years ago.  I expect at least double that now".

"Done. How much do think Michael should be paid."

"Oh, I don't know. ... make it five million.  I think he'll take that.  He'll be happy with 8 weeks worth of work and five mill in his pocket at the end of the day."

Neill looked at her and scratched his chin "hmmm... OK.  I think that's OK.  How about the special effects budget?  I've got the technical background, so I know this already.  To digitally de-age you for the 2 hour duration of the movie we will need a budget of around thirty million dollars.  I think that's about right."

"OK"  Says Sigourney "Sounds Great! Let's do it..."

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" insists Neill "There's also the Alien..."

"What about it?  These movies are about Ripley - not the Alien.  So what?"

"We need to budget for it anyway." Replies Neill.

"Uh, OK" responds Weaver.  "I can tell you now James once said if he could get away with a special effect just by throwing a rubber chicken at a wall, he'd do that."

"Well, in that case, how much is a rubber chicken? Anyway, we have to get back to work.  I'll work on these costs and send my proposal to the executives at Fox.  They'll love it.  I'll see you on set in five minutes."

- - -

Two weeks later an evelope full of document arrives on a Fox executive's desk.  It's Neill Blomkamp's proposal for an ALIENS movie sequel that should have been made 30 years ago.  Inside there's a script, some concept art and a balance sheet of costs.  Among the costing for the project are these entries:

$20,000,000 - Sigourney Weaver's fee.
$30,000,000 - Special effects to de-age Ms Weaver for 2 hours.
$5,000,000 - Michael Biehn fee.
$2.50 - Rubber Chicken for creature effects.

-Windebieste.

Was the part about the RUBBER CHICKEN a dig at CHAPPIE for his obsession with RUBBER CHICKENS?

skip to 1:24 for Chappie's Rubber Chicken fixation

Russ

Apologies if I came off as rude, not meant to at all, I was just outlining that (as we know) the dark nihilism of A3 is brilliant and an almost perfect end if not for the facehugger and the killing of the two characters... but some folk (like me) are still butthurt about it and there are others who aren't and are happy to accept the facehugger and accept that shit things happen to Ripley.

So apologies for any offence caused there, as I say, not meant at all.

I hope the script will come out too - I guess there's a part of NB that "doesn't stop believing" and he won't want it to come out in case there's a smidge of a chance the movie could happen.

I hear what you are saying on the A3 scripts - that'd be great. I was only watching the special features of A3 the other day and they had a tonne of artwork for the Wooden Planet and all that stuff.

On the NB one - I'd love to read a novelisation of it. For me, that'd be a perfect way to book end it.

windebieste

Nope.  I'd completely forgotten about that scene.  lol.  But that works, too.

James Cameron actually said that about getting the same result by throwing a rubber chicken at the wall, he'd do that.

-Windebieste.

Whiskeybrewer

It annoys me somewhat that Sigourney says or is reported to have said she felt Ripley's story didn't end correctly. She's the one who made sure the story ended that way.

Although I'm glad that Blomkampf's version didn't happen. I would like to read the script the finished to see where he would have planned to have gone.

So Ridleys at it again lol

Whos_Nick

Ridley's direction for the prequel series isn't bold or interesting, he doesn't even seem to understand what made his original film great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed