Alien Covenant Blu-ray

Started by 0321recon, Jun 29, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Blu-ray (Read 118,767 times)

Protozoid

Protozoid

Thanks for sharing, Echo!

The way the short video was edited made it seem like the xeno was the wolf David referred to. The long version makes it clear that David is referring to the Engineers. I'm back to thinking that the Engineers on LV-223 had rebelled against the peaceful ones on Paradise and been outcast.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I wonder if the exclusion of the Shaw stuff is Fox not wanting to give people proof that they dropped the ball?

I still like the film, but, y'know...

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Quote from: Protozoid on Aug 02, 2017, 09:22:50 PM

The way the short video was edited made it seem like the xeno was the wolf David referred to. The long version makes it clear that David is referring to the Engineers. I'm back to thinking that the Engineers on LV-223 had rebelled against the peaceful ones on Paradise and been outcast.

this has been a long and on going theory among some of us... im pretty much certain that the Engineers shown in the beginning of Prometheus (both theatrical and deleted scene) aaaaaaaaand the Engineers on the planet in Covenant are the same faction. The Engineers on LV-223 were a war mongering faction which split due to the peaceful Engineers wanting to retain religion with rejection of a technology based populace versus the warring faction who kept technology in their forefront.

and again, what leads credence to this is the easter egg in Aliens: Colonial Marines. fox said the game was canon, including the "prometheus easter egg"... soooooooooooooo the wolf that David refers to is most likely this warring faction.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 02, 2017, 09:54:55 PM
I wonder if the exclusion of the Shaw stuff is Fox not wanting to give people proof that they dropped the ball?

Like Alien 3. It took Fox ten years to admit they screwed the pooch with Fincher and in return released the Assembly cut.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: 0321recon on Aug 02, 2017, 10:06:03 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 02, 2017, 09:54:55 PM

Like Alien 3. It took Fox ten years to admit they screwed the pooch with Fincher and in return released the Assembly cut.

Yeah, after all the current senior people at Fox have moved on we could certainly see a few new reels come to light.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

Spoiler

Poor Shaw. It was horrifying what David did to her.

I love how the video is in the form of transmissions. I always suspected that this was how W/Y found out about the Xenomorph.

Poor Daniels. I really liked her. :(
[close]

The full Phobos segment is awesome.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Protozoid on Aug 02, 2017, 09:22:50 PM

No, problem, but credit has to go to Alien Prequel Fan Club member Austin James O'Neall for the upload. The version I was going to upload was shitty compared to his. Looks like he recorded it off his Xbox.

I just wanted to make sure the fans were aware of it.

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

That was f**king awesome.

asil

asil

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2017, 07:31:40 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 02, 2017, 12:51:40 AM

With how he treats her corpse here, I have to question if David really loved her? Maybe he did, but he sure has a strange way of showing it.

He's gone loopy, remember. Fassbender said in the Collector's Edition how he killed Shaw so she couldn't ever leave him. I kinda liked that psychotic angle to his motivation.

Also -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twK0ymaSQa4

Blame Shaw! She rejected Paradise as a gift!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

That was fantastic

Does answer some questions, I had before and clears a few things up for me.

Ill give Covenant another watch when it comes out

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Spoiler
Perhaps it was having his head torn off and used as a club, that caused irreparable damage to his android brain, rather than lack of maintenance? Or Shaw missed something in wiring him back up?  (it's supposed to be simple) Shaw should never have done so, but had she not, she would have been trapped on LV-223 with a quickly-developing Deacon for company. I'd really like to know what her final moments were - a mystery as great as Lambert's.
[close]

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Elmazalman on Aug 03, 2017, 09:37:58 PM
Spoiler
Perhaps it was having his head torn off and used as a club, that caused irreparable damage to his android brain, rather than lack of maintenance? Or Shaw missed something in wiring him back up?  (it's supposed to be simple) Shaw should never have done so, but had she not, she would have been trapped on LV-223 with a quickly-developing Deacon for company. I'd really like to know what her final moments were - a mystery as great as Lambert's.
[close]

I thought it was simply the fact that he was programmed to be too human, too emotional, and he doesn't quite understand how to handle his programmed approximations of feelings... which is super interesting and makes for a great, dark, creepy origin for the alien.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: necrotard on Aug 03, 2017, 11:01:13 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Aug 03, 2017, 09:37:58 PM
Spoiler
[close]

I thought it was simply the fact that he was programmed to be too human, too emotional, and he doesn't quite understand how to handle his programmed approximations of feelings... which is super interesting and makes for a great, dark, creepy origin for the alien.
That's probably it. Too independent.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Quote from: ElmazalmanThat's probably it. Too independent.

*in Davids voice*

AM NOT! AM NOT! AM NOT! AM NOT! AM NOT! AM NOT! AM NOT! AM NOT! AM NOT! AM NOT!

lol ;)

Mala'kak

Mala'kak

So this out now in the US iTunes but not the UK :(

When will this be out in the UK iTunes??

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed