Alien Covenant Blu-ray

Started by 0321recon, Jun 29, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Blu-ray (Read 118,400 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Jul 08, 2017, 10:44:07 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Jul 08, 2017, 12:13:03 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 08, 2017, 11:51:35 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Jul 08, 2017, 02:30:26 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 07, 2017, 02:16:55 AM
What are the many unreleased deleted scenes from Prometheus and Alien 3?

In Prometheus there are lots of stuff in the trailers not in the final film. For instance, during the Fifield attack, Shaw and Weyland come into the cargo hold, with his guards firing as the elevator doors open, and it ends up being Shaw that ends up running over Fifield.
In the Alien 3 workprint there is a bunch of stuff that should have been kept. There's an especially great take of Ripley THINKING ABOUT WHETHER to go with BISHOP, that I absolutely love and there's even more I cant think of right now. It used to be on Youtube but Im at a loss for finding it now.

The bit with Shaw and Weyland isn't especially deleted - just re-ordering that resulted in them losing that short series of shots.

With Alien 3 apart from the lengthened scene you mentioned I'm struggling to think of 'many' or 'loads' of deleted material beyond the rare line of dialogue (like Aaron's 'You going to need a bigger cage than that' or talk about 'deoderant' when Rains, Boggs and Golic go off foraging).
There's the confrontation between Ripley and the Alien down in the basement. Ripley attempting to anger the creature into killing her by attacking it with an iron bar - which it swipes aside.

I don't believe the basement scene was in the workprint.
I only mentioned it as being an example of an unreleased deleted moment  from A3 - apart from the brief clip used in the 3hr documentary.

Alionic

Alionic

Does anyone know if the upcoming 6 film boxset will include Covenant's deleted scenes and featurettes (Phobos/Advent)?

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: SM on Jul 08, 2017, 10:44:07 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Jul 08, 2017, 12:13:03 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 08, 2017, 11:51:35 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Jul 08, 2017, 02:30:26 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 07, 2017, 02:16:55 AM
What are the many unreleased deleted scenes from Prometheus and Alien 3?

In Prometheus there are lots of stuff in the trailers not in the final film. For instance, during the Fifield attack, Shaw and Weyland come into the cargo hold, with his guards firing as the elevator doors open, and it ends up being Shaw that ends up running over Fifield.
In the Alien 3 workprint there is a bunch of stuff that should have been kept. There's an especially great take of Ripley THINKING ABOUT WHETHER to go with BISHOP, that I absolutely love and there's even more I cant think of right now. It used to be on Youtube but Im at a loss for finding it now.

The bit with Shaw and Weyland isn't especially deleted - just re-ordering that resulted in them losing that short series of shots.

With Alien 3 apart from the lengthened scene you mentioned I'm struggling to think of 'many' or 'loads' of deleted material beyond the rare line of dialogue (like Aaron's 'You going to need a bigger cage than that' or talk about 'deoderant' when Rains, Boggs and Golic go off foraging).
There's the confrontation between Ripley and the Alien down in the basement. Ripley attempting to anger the creature into killing her by attacking it with an iron bar - which it swipes aside.

I don't believe the basement scene was in the workprint.

There are photos SOMEWHERE of a cocoon/egg chamber-like thing with the same Blue-light covering a SINGLE(?) egg or something. I remember seeing a photo of this scene somewhere and then - never again.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Alionic on Jul 11, 2017, 11:43:52 PM
Does anyone know if the upcoming 6 film boxset will include Covenant's deleted scenes and featurettes (Phobos/Advent)?
When is that boxset out? I deliberately ignored special Polish releases of separate Alien films (with posters bundled) on Blu-ray holding out for this boxset...Now I think it was a bad idea :( I would love to have those posters :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Some extra blu-ray release dates.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://sdccblog.com/2017/07/take-the-alien-covenant-colonist-certification-test-at-san-diego-comic-con/

QuoteDo you think you have what it takes to be a member of the Covenant crew?

Find out at Twentieth Century Fox's Home Entertainment Booth #3529 at San Diego Comic-Con as they test your mettle in the Alien: Covenant Colonist Certification Test.

They're not just giving out free hugs for this test. You'll be required to handle stressful situations like the crew of the Covenant did. Dealing with xenomorphs is not something to be taken lightly, so bring your A-game to show the Weyland-Yutani corporation you've got what it takes.

Upon completion of your assessment, you'll be rewarded with your very own "Colonist Certification Badge" and a set of collectible pins from Weyland-Yutani and the Covenant. Additionally, you'll have a chance to pre-order your copy of Alien: Covenant on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD and receive one of 500 limited edition lithographs as a gift with purchase while supplies last. Fans can pre-order at the "Colonist Certification Test" Booth #3529 or at the main Fox booth #4229.

The fun isn't limited to inside the convention center. If you're downtown during SDCC, you'll have the opportunity to take photos with the "Secure Egg Transport" that will be traveling throughout the Gaslamp. Employees of Weyland-Yutani will attempt to guard these fragile but deadly eggs while you tempt fate with a selfie. Those that tweet using the hashtag #AlienSweepstakes during SDCC will be entered to win an authentic Alien: Covenant replica (we hope) facehugger. For complete rules visit: Alienuniverse.com/Sweeps.

Highland

Highland

It'll be a guy dressed up like David and he will say "stick your head in this" and if you do, the family fortunes "bow bow" sounds out and you get evacuated from the booth then given a certificate that says "crew member"

Looks like Australia gets a nice release date. I'm buying it for the commentary.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Was tempted to cancel my blu-ray preorder and go 4K instead (future proof!) because it also comes with a blu-ray disc, but by the time I go 4K the third film will probably be out and there'll be a nice 7-film box...

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

I can't decide if I'm getting the Blu Ray or if I'll just get digital. They usually have the deleted scenes and stuff with digital and that's pretty much all I'm interested in.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

Hey guys, just letting you know that Covenant is available on digital today and it has the special features on Vudu. I can't wait to see the Master Class features.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I recently bought this and the viral marketing video called 'Advent' is pretty sick! Poor Shaw! It also definitely confirms that David is the creator of the Xeno. The film does that, but this video puts the speculation to rest. 

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 01, 2017, 07:12:29 PM

I recently bought this and the viral marketing video called 'Advent' is pretty sick! Poor Shaw! It also definitely confirms that David is the creator of the Xeno. The film does that, but this video puts the speculation to rest.

I have to guess does it show David experimenting on her corpse?  :'(

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: 0321recon on Aug 01, 2017, 07:28:41 PM

Oh yeah! Pretty graphic!

Spoiler
[close]

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 01, 2017, 07:33:40 PM
Quote from: 0321recon on Aug 01, 2017, 07:28:41 PM

Oh yeah! Pretty graphic!

Spoiler
[close]

Oh Jesus Christ!. DAFQ! Oh no!  :'( :'( :'(

echobbase79

echobbase79

What's interesting about the video is that he's reporting to Weyland-Yutani. He also talks about his true goal is to create a Queen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed