Alien Covenant Blu-ray

Started by 0321recon, Jun 29, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Blu-ray (Read 118,405 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

No problem, i can wait  :)

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 01, 2017, 11:20:31 PM

The video hints that Daniels is going to be the Queen. As David is talking about his plans it shows a shot of Daniels in cryo sleep.

Quote from: 0321recon on Aug 01, 2017, 07:49:13 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 01, 2017, 07:33:40 PM
Quote from: 0321recon on Aug 01, 2017, 07:28:41 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 01, 2017, 07:12:29 PM

I recently bought this and the viral marketing video called 'Advent' is pretty sick! Poor Shaw! It also definitely confirms that David is the creator of the Xeno. The film does that, but this video puts the speculation to rest.

I have to guess does it show David experimenting on her corpse?  :'(

Oh yeah! Pretty graphic!

Spoiler
[close]

Oh Jesus Christ!. DAFQ! Oh no!  :'( :'( :'(

It reminds me of what happened to Mary Kelly.

Now that becomes even more creepy since Daniels asked David what did he do to Shaw, and he replies the same thing that I'm going to do to you.

echobbase79

echobbase79

With how he treats her corpse here, I have to question if David really loved her? Maybe he did, but he sure has a strange way of showing it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 02, 2017, 12:51:40 AM

With how he treats her corpse here, I have to question if David really loved her? Maybe he did, but he sure has a strange way of showing it.

He's gone loopy, remember. Fassbender said in the Collector's Edition how he killed Shaw so she couldn't ever leave him. I kinda liked that psychotic angle to his motivation.

Also -

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Well, now Im looking forward to seeing "Advent"... though its sad to hear that hes picking Shaw apart. I pre-ordered my copy from Target with the neat little book. Ive always liked little collectors pieces like that!

Currently tearing thru the Alien Covenant novelization... which Im quite enjoying much more than the movie due to how detailed it is and lets in on what the characters are thinking and feeling (the opening scene with David and Weyland was MUCH better in the book). But, books have a lot of room to convey said detail that films cannot do, which is always a treat :) (ie: Arrival vs The Story of Your Life, both are amazing, but the book was able to convey LOTS of details the film left out)

Heres hoping that the prequel novel intersplices some story line of "The Crossing" with the main storyline of the Covenant crew!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DorkiDori on Aug 02, 2017, 07:49:28 AM
Heres hoping that the prequel novel intersplices some story line of "The Crossing" with the main storyline of the Covenant crew!

I'm afraid not. That's pretty much absent from the novel from what I remember.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Alright, I couldn't wait.  I bought an iTunes download to see Advent.  (I'm happy to give this film more money anyway.)

That was AWESOME!  So creepy and dark.  The idea of David being the creator was hard to swallow at first, but I've really grown to love it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It was a cool piece. Still not keen on the idea of David making the Alien but some cool imagery, great to see more of that set and Dane and Matt's artwork too.

Kaby

Kaby

Really wish we'd be getting more Shaw footage.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Kaby on Aug 02, 2017, 01:40:44 PM

Sadly, there is more footage with Noomi though it was cut out, and for some reason was kept out from the blu-ray release.

Evanus

Evanus

Man, I need to see that Advent video. Sadly I still have to wait like two months to get the Blu-ray.  >:(

Isn't it on Youtube or somewhere else?

Protozoid

Protozoid

Quote from: 0321recon on Aug 02, 2017, 02:34:15 PM

Sadly, there is more footage with Noomi though it was cut out, and for some reason was kept out from the blu-ray release.
Yes, I would have really liked to see a 12-minute alternate beginning the way it was originally planned and described by Pietro Scalia. The home video deleted scenes all seem like inconsequential and superficial cuts. Makes me wonder if there are juicier Prometheus scenes still in a vault somewhere.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Protozoid on Aug 02, 2017, 06:41:07 PM
Quote from: 0321recon on Aug 02, 2017, 02:34:15 PM

Yes, I would have really liked to see a 12-minute alternate beginning the way it was originally planned and described by Pietro Scalia. The home video deleted scenes all seem like inconsequential and superficial cuts. Makes me wonder if there are juicier Prometheus scenes still in a vault somewhere.

As time passes those 12 minutes will become like the illusive workprint of Alien 3 that for years many spoke about until Fox finally decided to release it for the Anthology release. That cut greatly improved upon the film. I have feeling that will happen also with Covenant, though I hope it doesn't take 10 to 12 years for that sequence to finally see the light of day.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

ok, THAT was awesome!!! answers quite a few lingering and rather obnoxious questions i had floating around my dark and strange little mind!

Spoiler
sad to see Shaw was used for harvest of her internals, but i already concluded David did this... especially her reproductive organs. however, its nice to know that he cleared up some mysteries on the accelerant (even though most of this had been put forth via the Fire and Stone comics, good to know Ridley DIDNT ignore this). the Queen comment is obvious foreshadowing to the Queen alien (sometimes the most obvious answers tend to be the correct ones). nice to know Ridley isnt destroying canon with retconning the queen Xenomorph.. will be interesting to see her pop up in the next prequel/sequel. also, this transmission is a nice way to allude to Weyland Yutani knowing about the Xenomorph in future films and answers why they have such a clear and straight forward clause in their contracts about discovering alien life... theyve been hunting for the Xenomorph!
[close]

though i would still like to see the footage of Shaw and David that was cut from the film (given i loved Shaws character a lot)... 10 years of travel and discovery of the Engineers history is a bit much to leave out. maybe one day it will leak :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed