Alien Covenant Blu-ray

Started by 0321recon, Jun 29, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Blu-ray (Read 118,377 times)

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Jul 06, 2017, 09:20:10 PM
Quote from: genocyber on Jul 06, 2017, 09:15:07 PM
This movie if anything made Alien 3 a lot more appreciated.

Alien 3 is practically adored now. I enjoyed it.

I wouldnt say adored. Both theatrical and assembly cuts still have plenty of flaws. But i think the Alien community as a whole probably rates it higher than your average person would

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

No deleted Neomorph verses Alien fight?

It would make sense to withhold the more interesting deleted material for the future - if a re-release or extended version was planned.

Capt. Dallas at Thedus

Capt. Dallas at Thedus

Alien3-Assembly Cut is a downbeat masterpiece!!I really hold a candle to it!Seeing it for the first time is "up there"with seeing River Phoenix's Dark Blood for the first time in 2012.The scenes shot by Jordan Cronenweth are up there with his work in BladeRunner&Altered States......

zoidy

zoidy

re the Neomorph vs Alien fight ... it was never finished, was it? So the only footage would be the actors on set reacting etc?

It would require a lot of work to turn that into a sequence that would make any sense, and since the film was only released in May, I can't imagine Ridley would have any interest in sitting down to create a new sequence he didn't want at the time.

No?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: zoidy on Jul 06, 2017, 10:21:22 PM
re the Neomorph vs Alien fight ... it was never finished, was it? So the only footage would be the actors on set reacting etc?

It would require a lot of work to turn that into a sequence that would make any sense, and since the film was only released in May, I can't imagine Ridley would have any interest in sitting down to create a new sequence he didn't want at the time.

No?
Perhaps, one day, for an extended cut?

SM

SM

Quote from: Capt. Dallas at Thedus on Jul 06, 2017, 09:52:26 PM
Alien3-Assembly Cut is a downbeat masterpiece!!I really hold a candle to it!Seeing it for the first time is "up there"with seeing River Phoenix's Dark Blood for the first time in 2012.The scenes shot by Jordan Cronenweth are up there with his work in BladeRunner&Altered States......

Which scenes did he shoot?

Dallas at Thedus

Dallas at Thedus

SM He shot the infirmary scenes-the opening ones with Rip&Clemens,the bathroom sink scene where she showers,shaves,and wipes the steam from the mirror.Also,bedroom scene with Clemens,and the following frame dissolve.

SM

SM

I suspected he did the shower/ bugwash stuff as you see behind the scenes footage of him on set in those locations.  Wasn't sure what else he'd done.

Scorpio

Scorpio

If Rosenthal is saying a Jewish prayer and gets killed.. it's like the ultimate statement on religion.

Dallas at Thedus

Dallas at Thedus

SM Right-Shame he fell ill,but his legacy is secure!In Wreckage&Rage you can see the esteem&Respect  David Fincher had in the manner he quietly deferred to him:)

Question to the extended cut strand of this forum;Am I to understand the total running time of extended scenes is now thirty minutes?,i.e. 1/2 an hour?This is a good thing to look forward to! ::)  ::)

bobcunk

bobcunk

I thought some scenes were filmed with the costumes. The practical neomorph was ruff and unfinished looking.

CainsSon

CainsSon

No mention of anything extended in the 3rd act? Yikes. We know there is a longer cut of the Shower scene...

It still irks me that so many of the deleted scenes from Prometheus and Alien 3 have never been released.

Also this shot of the Derelicts in the pit... It makes me wonder whether or not - should Ridley go with the colonists becoming the eggs on the Derelict - its actually Walter who takes one of these Derelicts to rescue the colonists, who are already mutating and if he doesn't end up being the one who ends up in the pilots chair. Pure speculation.

mr ripley

mr ripley

And whatever happened to Walter?We saw David raise the knife&Jack the ship.Is he abandoned on Planet 4?Anybody have a theory??

SM

SM

What are the many unreleased deleted scenes from Prometheus and Alien 3?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: CainsSon on Jul 07, 2017, 02:03:51 AM
No mention of anything extended in the 3rd act? Yikes. We know there is a longer cut of the Shower scene...

It still irks me that so many of the deleted scenes from Prometheus and Alien 3 have never been released.

Also this shot of the Derelicts in the pit... It makes me wonder whether or not - should Ridley go with the colonists becoming the eggs on the Derelict - its actually Walter who takes one of these Derelicts to rescue the colonists, who are already mutating and if he doesn't end up being the one who ends up in the pilots chair. Pure speculation.

Thing is there's nothing to extend in the third act, you just be making it even worse. The third act only get's better if there's actually some stalking/hunting elements added with another death or two thrown in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed