Ridley Scott Talks Return of Engineers for Alien: Covenant Sequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 21, 2017, 08:21:26 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Return of Engineers for Alien: Covenant Sequel (Read 51,499 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think Oram felt confident with his weapon in hand, especially after having killed the Neomorph already. Curiosity killed the Crudup.

Personally i would have prefered David to have torn Orams weapon away. Then drag him over to an egg and force him to look into it as it opens. That would have been terrifying imo. But the way it is now doesnt bother me much, just a missed opportunity.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I was have really liked that too. There was scene in Spaihts' pre-Prometheus where David teased a facehugger out and onto Shaw. It could have been really cheesy but I think a scene like that, or like Buddy described, would be really awesome.

juxtapose

juxtapose

. .or david grabs the gun and throws oram down the stairs. .he flies down like a rag doll and breaks a leg . .bone sticking out and blood bubbling and guzzling from the wound. . A face hugger pops out of a near by egg and oram tries too flee. .he crawls backwards and screams. .a scream that is drowned out as the facehugger inbeds itself om his face. .he claws at it desperately but soon slips into a deep dark sleep. .

SM

QuoteCuriosity killed the Crudup.

:laugh:

NickisSmart

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 26, 2017, 11:47:55 AM
I think Oram felt confident with his weapon in hand, especially after having killed the Neomorph already. Curiosity killed the Crudup.

Personally i would have prefered David to have torn Orams weapon away. Then drag him over to an egg and force him to look into it as it opens. That would have been terrifying imo. But the way it is now doesnt bother me much, just a missed opportunity.

That sounds like a better way to go about it. But he probably felt in control of the situation, and maybe David let him keep his weapon for that reason, to lure him into a false sense of security?

ChrisPachi

Maybe Oram never watched any of the Alien movies.

SM

When it came to Ridley Scott movies, Oram preferred Exodus.

Scorpio

Quote from: Hemi on Jun 26, 2017, 11:32:11 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 26, 2017, 03:29:28 AM
Well you're assuming that "He knows what a dead facehugger looks like and that it poses no threat." based on "It was a dead and decomposed hugger in a pile of dead and decomposed huggers."

Maybe you should watch Aliens again...

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2017, 10:45:35 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 26, 2017, 03:29:28 AM
Well you're assuming that "He knows what a dead facehugger looks like and that it poses no threat." based on "It was a dead and decomposed hugger in a pile of dead and decomposed huggers."

Nope.

I'm basing it on the live ones and the dead ones he saw in medical.  And the fact these don't have much skin and are mostly just bone.

It wasn't the facehuggers, it was the egg.  One of the marines goes and looks into an egg, knowing full well what could happen.

SM

It was open and empty.  What was going to happen?

tleilaxu

Quote from: SM on Jun 27, 2017, 01:39:51 AM
When it came to Ridley Scott movies, Oram preferred Exodus.
Took me like several minutes to get that for some reason.

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Jun 27, 2017, 03:05:54 AM

They didn't know it was empty.  How would they know without looking?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oram asked for answers and David provided them. Oram was the mouse and simply couldn't figure out that he was walking straight into a trap and then literally sprang the trap.

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 27, 2017, 03:22:33 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 27, 2017, 03:05:54 AM

They didn't know it was empty.  How would they know without looking?
Exactly right.

SM

It looked empty and he had a gun pointed straight at it.

Better that than not knowing.

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Jun 27, 2017, 03:52:17 AM
It looked empty and he had a gun pointed straight at it.

Better that than not knowing.

It looked empty how??

He had a gun, so what.  Oram also had a gun.

SM

Hicks knew what to expect.  Oram didn't, so had a torch pointed at it rather than a gun.

QuoteIt looked empty how??

By virtue of not having anything in it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed