Ridley Scott Talks Return of Engineers for Alien: Covenant Sequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 21, 2017, 08:21:26 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Return of Engineers for Alien: Covenant Sequel (Read 51,505 times)

NickisSmart

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jun 25, 2017, 10:40:25 AM
I'm sure he still has a hard time evaluating quality (or maybe he doesn't really care), but given the improvements from Prometheus to Covenant I can't help but feel that Awakening will be monstrous, if it is made.

Define quality.

tleilaxu

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 25, 2017, 09:56:46 PM
I'm sure he still has a hard time evaluating quality (or maybe he doesn't really care), but given the improvements from Prometheus to Covenant I can't help but feel that Awakening will be monstrous, if it is made.

Define quality.
Just take Oram's death. I know he can't break the 4th wall like Deadpool, but the way it was handled was just bad writing. There was no reason for Oram to trust David enough to look into that egg.

echobbase79

I give that a moment a pass because Oram doesn't know anything about what David has created. Sure, it's not the best writing, but looking at it from Oram's perspective I think he was more curious than scared of what David's intentions. Also, David did show him what was going on like he asked him to so I can see Oram trusting him by that point.

Predaker

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 26, 2017, 01:29:51 AM

I give that a moment a pass because Oram doesn't know anything about what David has created. Sure, it's not the best writing, but looking at it from Oram's perspective I think he was more curious than scared of what David's intentions. Also, David did show him what was going on like he asked him to so I can see Oram trusting him by that point.

Oram doesn't even need to trust David to be curious. He's also armed with an assault rifle. Hicks picked up a facehugger from an egg with the end of his shotgun in ALIENS just to get a closer look.

Nukiemorph

Exactly.

And David wasn't asking him to put his dick in it or anything.  He just said to take a look.

I personally would have felt safe enough to just LOOK into an egg from a distance that I assume to be safe.  Oram hasn't seen Alien.  He has no reason to expect a critter that can leap several yards to pop out.

I totally would have looked into that egg.

tleilaxu

He knew David engineered dangerous organisms, and knew David was fascinated by them. I get the curiosity thing, but to me it just seems like they didn't really know how to kill him. He could've looked into it with his rifle pointed at it, missed the shot when the facehugger leaped at him or something. I mean it's not pet-alien-penis-snake tier bad but it was still annoying.

Scorpio

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 26, 2017, 01:47:53 AM
Hicks picked up a facehugger from an egg with the end of his shotgun in ALIENS just to get a closer look.

And that was stupid.  He was given a briefing by Ripley about those creatures.  So he should have known about the eggs.

SM

It was a dead and decomposed hugger in a pile of dead and decomposed huggers.  He knows what a dead facehugger looks like and that it poses no threat.

Scorpio

That's assuming a lot.

SM

What am I assuming?

Scorpio

Well you're assuming that "He knows what a dead facehugger looks like and that it poses no threat." based on "It was a dead and decomposed hugger in a pile of dead and decomposed huggers."

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jun 25, 2017, 10:14:41 PM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 25, 2017, 09:56:46 PM

Define quality.
Just take Oram's death. I know he can't break the 4th wall like Deadpool, but the way it was handled was just bad writing. There was no reason for Oram to trust David enough to look into that egg.

Apparently it was scripted that David would demonstrate and look over the eggs first. It's a shame to loose little moments like that.

SM

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 26, 2017, 03:29:28 AM
Well you're assuming that "He knows what a dead facehugger looks like and that it poses no threat." based on "It was a dead and decomposed hugger in a pile of dead and decomposed huggers."

Nope.

I'm basing it on the live ones and the dead ones he saw in medical.  And the fact these don't have much skin and are mostly just bone.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oram has seen the thing that killed his crew interact pacifically with David, David said 'it trusted me', David went on to show all of his experiments including flayed corpses and deformed people, admitted to using the white asshole faces as basis for his own creations and shows them to Oram. Totally safe!

There's looking at a space egg with your space helmet on and then there's this

Hemi

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 26, 2017, 03:29:28 AM

Maybe you should watch Aliens again...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed